Poll EQ TLP Mischief or WOW Classic TBC?

EQ TLP Mischief or WOW:Classic TBC?

• Total voters

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I mean depending on where the poll is you might get a very biased response. Also, I like both games, but I really don't get people's infatuation with TBC. I enjoyed both Classic and WotLK more for different reasons.
Pretty simple.

Link to reddit poll, if you want to track normies.

It's in OP. It's on the MMORPG subreddit. Should be good mix of people.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I mean depending on where the poll is you might get a very biased response. Also, I like both games, but I really don't get people's infatuation with TBC. I enjoyed both Classic and WotLK more for different reasons.
Well classes where significantly more balanced.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stuck while looting was the only game breaking bug i ran into after it was released.

Loot bug was the best. That crap was around for so long too. I want to say at least a week or two, which given the severity of the bug, was crazy. Imagine something like that in a game's launch today and around for so long.

I was playing AO before going to WoW, so was somewhat already used to just running missions/quests over and over. AO was basically missions from a mission terminal over and over.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I never liked TBC, it felt small.
Small? Kharazan, Mag, Kazzak, Gruul, TK, SS Cavern, Fel Reaver, Hyjal, BT, Sunwell...that expansion was fucking stacked with content. I guess because some of it wasn't located in Outland it could feel "smallish", but there were a fuckload of raids in the expansion.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
TBC really nailed the elite progression point. Progression to raid content was a fuckin slog but when you made it, it felt good.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was playing AO before going to WoW, so was somewhat already used to just running missions/quests over and over. AO was basically missions from a mission terminal over and over.

AO had so many really game breaking bugs. Some classes were just stupid OP.

Sterling

El Presidente
TBC really nailed the elite progression point. Progression to raid content was a fuckin slog but when you made it, it felt good.
I mean it was fine, I just have more nostalgia for classic and enjoyed Lich King raiding a lot more. Hardmode Ulduar and ICC were better than anything in TBC by a lot to me.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I mean it was fine, I just have more nostalgia for classic and enjoyed Lich King raiding a lot more. Hardmode Ulduar and ICC were better than anything in TBC by a lot to me.
Ulduar was by far my favorite raiding experience in WOW. It was so good. Their Hardmode design was so innovative and just... perfect.

Of course, they killed it.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Ulduar was by far my favorite raiding experience in WOW. It was so good. Their Hardmode design was so innovative and just... perfect.

Of course, they killed it.
Yeah, nothing came close to it for a long while. Heroic SoO in MoP before the Mythic patch was about as close as it gets though.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Are you forgetting the standard before WoW for gameplay was "hand this npc who only responds to cryptic messages 1-4 often times very rare and hard to get items and hope it triggers the next step in the quest because often times the quest will bug out due to not saying the right trigger or because fuck you and if it doesnt work those very rare and hard to get items go poof and you have to hope a GM believes your sob story"?

WoW was by no means perfect and had a lot of issues especially with class balance early on but good god it was light years ahead of EQ in most areas.
EQ2 launched before WoW and had a better working quest system on launch. So did DAoC. So did FFXI Online.

WoW had a dogshit quest system compared to those games when it launched, questing was the primary way to level in Classic WoW and even with 13 patches in Classic adding hundreds of quests and 15 years of people mapping out the best routes you still spend 40 hours+ traveling and can't actually level up using just quests. WoWs quest system on launch was better then EQ but EQ system was by no means the Standard.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EQ2 launched before WoW and had a better working quest system on launch. So did DAoC. So did FFXI Online.

WoW had a dogshit quest system compared to those games when it launched, questing was the primary way to level in Classic WoW and even with 13 patches in Classic adding hundreds of quests and 15 years of people mapping out the best routes you still spend 40 hours+ traveling and can't actually level up using just quests. WoWs quest system on launch was better then EQ but EQ system was by no means the Standard.
This fuckin guy is The Mandella Effect personified. Everything you know to be true, he claims the opposite and it is all so fucking old now that he has you questioning your own memories.

Is he a master class troll or a time traveler?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
DAOC Quest System comprised of walking up to a guard, saying "task", then running 5 minutes away to go kill 16 badgers then run back to turn it in.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I remember sitting in a swamp waiting for the lady of the lake to appear

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I remember sitting in a swamp waiting for the lady of the lake to appear

I miss corpse runs.

EQ000065.png

lol, and the one right before it haha

EQ000063.png

Guess we know what happened now.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
DAOC Quest System comprised of walking up to a guard, saying "task", then running 5 minutes away to go kill 16 badgers then run back to turn it in.
And that's different from WoW how, exactly? I guess WoW threw some meaningless pop culture references and dad jokes at you on top of it, but that's essentially what their questing system was in 2004.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
And that's different from WoW how, exactly? I guess WoW threw some meaningless pop culture references and dad jokes at you on top of it, but that's essentially what their questing system was in 2004.
Which is how EQ2 was also. The only difference was in WoW you didn't have enough quests to do. In those other games you did.

Last edited:

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
This fuckin guy is The Mandella Effect personified. Everything you know to be true, he claims the opposite and it is all so fucking old now that he has you questioning your own memories.

Is he a master class troll or a time traveler?
Am i wrong? WoW literally just copied those other games and did a worse job because they didn't have as many "gather 8 buckets of Berries" quests. Later on Blizzard started adding some more unique quests like the bombing quest in Hellfire or how the Lore is deeply woven with cut scenes in Durnhold. But that stuff didn't start happening till TBC.

• 1Galaxy Brain

Sterling

El Presidente
Since most quest hubs in WoW also had breadcrumbs to dungeons part of your leveling xp was expected to be dungeons. If you were totally skipping dungeons then yeah, you'd often have to go do multiple hubs all over the place if you didn't want to grind. Even back in Vanilla AoE grinding was the best xp but you didn't get the faction and other side stuff from questing.