EQ TLP - Next Server Ideas

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
Ssf as a server concept is a wasted idea. Better off investing in infrastructure for people to acquire paid-for or rented private-access servers. The only ssf idea I saw that seemed to really have any steam was because of a bounty system.
No need for them to invest in infrastructure, just get it working in aws/azure with pay as you go licensing. Create a user friendly server admin client to adjust server settings and you are good to go. I would totally have a server setup and going for my friends and I within hours of launch.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Race war with only random as a choice and no reroll options.

first to down certain targets get permanent buffs and don’t announce it until release so there’s no Tom foolery preparing

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
- No key/flagging server
I can get behind this, but for every zone? No one wants to quest a VT key, for example, but would you want to also remove flagging for PoP progression too? Even if you remove most keys, would it be appropriate to keep some "barriers" in place?

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
No matter what they release unless it has 1 month expansion times its DoA.

Selo was the only server that xpac times correct.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, Mischief was definitely DoA without one month expansion times...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Something like Diablo 2's terror zones. Every 4 hours a random zone (of a selected bunch) becomes double exp, random loot, bonus loot... and enables PvP.

But anyways why did EQ never implement some type of "battleground" zone for some PvPvE content.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
+100% Haste, Spell Haste, and Movement Speed server.

For NPCs too

I like this idea the most out of everything in here.

Maybe even throw double exp in there too, maybe not.

I think the game would be WAY more fun with faster moving and casting, with melee haste to balance it out.

Yeah, it'd be kind of a crazy server and might run into some unforeseen issues, but I'd be more than happy to give it a go.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No spells, no skills, autoattack only, permadeath + account ban on death or disconnect, full open pvp with no restrictions, haste items make you slower, and everyone is kos to everything

• 2Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can get behind this, but for every zone? No one wants to quest a VT key, for example, but would you want to also remove flagging for PoP progression too? Even if you remove most keys, would it be appropriate to keep some "barriers" in place?

My only though would be to keep zone level restrictions in place. Beyond that remove all key/flagging requirements for zoning in or looting in zones.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If we're just making wishes than sign me up for some immediate AA auto grant action. Vaniki got me hooked on that.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

How can anyone defend pop flagging if arguing to remove key processes? It's THE worst one left in the game! The entire expansion was designed topheavy and took over a year after launch to finish, so the key process by design is massively gatekeeping through tedium and the early zones and content are relatively bad on purpose. Pop keys are the first that should go.

My only though would be to keep zone level restrictions in place. Beyond that remove all key/flagging requirements for zoning in or looting in zones.

Zone level restrictions are often their own "key/flag" like mechanic. Something like RSS should be accessible minute 1 of omens on a "no keying" server and not require you to grind a few before you can enter. Maybe a cap of 46 but never higher, to give some sanity for things like early planes, but even then I'd argue they could go away too. The spirit of a server like this, I assume, is you can just do what the fuck you want without blocks. Level requirements should be natural, eg you dont go there below x level because you'll just die, rather than sony 20 years ago said you can't.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Only thing i'd play on is a Purple server, doubt they will do it Devs have always hated PvP.

How can anyone defend pop flagging if arguing to remove key processes? It's THE worst one left in the game! The entire expansion was designed topheavy and took over a year after launch to finish, so the key process by design is massively gatekeeping through tedium and the early zones and content are relatively bad on purpose. Pop keys are the first that should go.

I'd guess he doesn't care about raid content just tedious group content. That said PoP took year to beat because Rathe Council was intentionally designed to be impossible because Sony wanted to release the expansion before Plane of Time was finished. The top guilds were into the EPs within a couple of months. The lower tier content wasn't designed to gatekeep it was designed for people in SoV-Luclin group gear that weren't even 60. When PoP went live originally there wasn't 10-20 guilds per server rolling into it with full Luclin BiS gear and 200+aas on all their members.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Only thing i'd play on is a Purple server, doubt they will do it Devs have always hated PvP.

I'd guess he doesn't care about raid content just tedious group content. That said PoP took year to beat because Rathe Council was intentionally designed to be impossible because Sony wanted to release the expansion before Plane of Time was finished. The top guilds were into the EPs within a couple of months. The lower tier content wasn't designed to gatekeep it was designed for people in SoV-Luclin group gear that weren't even 60. When PoP went live originally there wasn't 10-20 guilds per server rolling into it with full Luclin BiS gear and 200+aas on all their members.

It was meant to stratify players so that everyone wasnt all in elementals. Stuff like rztw would be zerged with 400 players on some servers. The lower stuff was gated haves vs have nots, the elemental stuff was made ridiculous and rathe impossible. If you hate flags, pop should be the worst.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tossing my idea on from last server; mercs in classic with equippable gear.

Same concept as mercs in d2/d3. They level up, give them gear.

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

Zone level restrictions are often their own "key/flag" like mechanic. Something like RSS should be accessible minute 1 of omens on a "no keying" server and not require you to grind a few before you can enter. Maybe a cap of 46 but never higher, to give some sanity for things like early planes, but even then I'd argue they could go away too. The spirit of a server like this, I assume, is you can just do what the fuck you want without blocks. Level requirements should be natural, eg you dont go there below x level because you'll just die, rather than sony 20 years ago said you can't.

Most gear will still have level restrictions on it so I guess I am not against removing the level requirement for zones as well as part of a no key/flag server.

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
Jeez, I didn't say I wanted PoP flags I just asked Elderan for clarity on his idea!
Have you all considered decaf?

I'm all for removing all restrictions. As Yerm said, the zones will sort themselves out naturally (if you're too low level you die).

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
I'd like to see a TSS start in addition to whatever other rules. Even with mischief being a fun, high population TLP, classic and kunark were a fucking slog especially with shit like VP keys. Would be cool to see later expansions during the initial rush.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The vast majority of players have no desire to start in tss.

pop flagging isn’t that bad. Don’t get the hate. The worst flagging expansions are still the ones where you can’t use the 80/20 rule

I think a classic or Kunark start server with no aa lock would be interesting (meaning aa are locked to levels like live but not to expansions). I would also like a balance pass of some sort. I would do fv rules but not full on mischief