EQ TLP - Next Server Ideas

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
No AA lock on Kunark means there's no point to getting xp for two full expansions. I'm not sure that's great for the server health.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's why I loved Selo's Luclin launch. Progression didn't stop when you hit max level 3-days into the server launch.

Vanilla -> Kunark -> Velious (6 months) is fucking retarded for a yearly TLP server.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
TLP EVENT Server - Purgatory

Rules
  • Starts in Classic
  • Random loot rule
  • You can only make 1 character to start
  • Each month, you can make 1 more character
  • Playable classes include Warrior, Cleric, Rogue, Wizard
  • After you die 3 times, your character is sent to purgatory (see below)
  • New playable classes open every month (see below)
  • Expansions schedule shown below
  • You can only ever create ONE character of each class
  • When you delete a character, you are not permitted to create another character with a class you created before (No creating characters to train, delete, and create again)

Playable Class Unlock Schedule
  1. Server Start - Warrior, Cleric, Rogue, Wizard
  2. Month 2 - Ranger, Druid, Necromancer
  3. Month 3 - Paladin, Shaman, Bard
  4. Month 4 - Shadowknight, Beastlord, Enchanter
  5. Month 5 - Monk, Berzerker, Magician

Expansion Unlock Schedule
  1. Starts in Classic
  2. Month 2 - Ruins of Kunark
  3. Month 3 - Scars of Velious
  4. Month 4 - Shadows of Luclin
  5. Month 5 - Planes of Power

Purgatory
  1. After your character dies 3 times, you are spawned in a version of your god's Planes of Power zone. This is not the traditional PoP zone. It has NPC sellers, banker, and quest givers.
  2. Your goal is to complete quests in that zone to appease your god.
  3. After you have done enough to appease your god, your character will be resurrected in your starting city with no gear and level 20 (or 1 if you were not at least level 20 when you died the 3rd time).
  4. Depending on how many quests you completed while in purgatory, you will auto level that many times (up to, but not surpassing your level when you died the 3rd time).
  5. If you completed all quests and then completed "Excellence in your deities eyes" quests, you will get pieced of your gear back. Example. Complete all level quests, and then your deity gives you quest for your leg gear, if you complete that, you will get your leg gear back that you died in when you are resurrected in your starting city.
  6. Every time you are resurrected from purgatory, your title changes. The first time, you are given the title "Recently Departed". Second time, "Twice as nice", "Ooops that one was my fault", etc. You can not change your title, and you can not turn it off.

End Game Chaos
  1. At the start of month 6, all hell breaks loose
  2. Everyone becomes permanently PvP flagged
  3. All starting city zones are none pvp areas
  4. Week 1 - Giants and Dragons start randomly spawning in open world zones, pathing around, killing anyone they find (drop they're typical loot tables if killed)
  5. Week 2 - Luclin raid targets randomly spawning in open world zones, pathing around, killing anyone they find (drop they're typical loot tables if killed)
  6. Week 3 - The gods themselves start randomly spawning in open world zones, pathing around, killing anyone they find (drop they're typical loot tables if killed)
  7. Week 4 - All mobs are despawned. All NPCs are despawned. All player characters that login will be ported directly to Freeport. All gods spawn in Common Lands at once, and path towards Freeport. Anybody that dies is immidiately respawned in Freeport with no level loss. The server shuts down when any of the gods make it to Freeport and the last player character is killed before any other player character can revive.

Rewards
  1. Title available on all servers of "I survived purgatory" for having a character on the server
  2. Title available on all servers of "Remember Freeport" for all those who took place in fighting the gods the last week of the server
  3. Cosmetic rewards for other servers
  4. etc

• 1Blown
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Rules
  • Starts in Classic
  • Random loot rule
  • You can only make 1 character to start
  • Each month, you can make 1 more character
  • Playable classes include Warrior, Cleric, Rogue, Wizard
  • After you die 3 times, your character is sent to purgatory (see below)
  • New playable classes open every month (see below)
  • Expansions schedule shown below
  • You can only ever create ONE character of each class
  • When you delete a character, you are not permitted to create another character with a class you created before (No creating characters to train, delete, and create again)

Expansion Unlock Schedule
  1. Starts in Classic
  2. Month 2 - Ruins of Kunark
  3. Month 3 - Scars of Velious
  4. Month 4 - Shadows of Luclin
  5. Month 5 - Planes of Power

Purgatory
  1. After your character dies 3 times, you are spawned in a version of your god's Planes of Power zone. This is not the traditional PoP zone. It has NPC sellers, banker, and quest givers.
  2. Your goal is to complete quests in that zone to appease your god.
  3. After you have done enough to appease your god, your character will be resurrected in your starting city with no gear and level 20 (or 1 if you were not at least level 20 when you died the 3rd time).
  4. Depending on how many quests you completed while in purgatory, you will auto level that many times (up to, but not surpassing your level when you died the 3rd time).
  5. If you completed all quests and then completed "Excellence in your deities eyes" quests, you will get pieced of your gear back. Example. Complete all level quests, and then your deity gives you quest for your leg gear, if you complete that, you will get your leg gear back that you died in when you are resurrected in your starting city.
  6. Every time you are resurrected from purgatory, your title changes. The first time, you are given the title "Recently Departed". Second time, "Twice as nice", "Ooops that one was my fault", etc. You can not change your title, and you can not turn it off.

End Game Chaos
  1. At the start of month 6, all hell breaks loose
  2. Everyone becomes permanently PvP flagged
  3. All starting city zones are none pvp areas
  4. Week 1 - Giants and Dragons start randomly spawning in open world zones, pathing around, killing anyone they find (drop they're typical loot tables if killed)
  5. Week 2 - Luclin raid targets randomly spawning in open world zones, pathing around, killing anyone they find (drop they're typical loot tables if killed)
  6. Week 3 - The gods themselves start randomly spawning in open world zones, pathing around, killing anyone they find (drop they're typical loot tables if killed)
  7. Week 4 - All mobs are despawned. All NPCs are despawned. All player characters that login will be ported directly to Freeport. All gods spawn in Common Lands at once, and path towards Freeport. Anybody that dies is immidiately respawned in Freeport with no level loss. The server shuts down when any of the gods make it to Freeport and the last player character is killed before any other player character can revive.

Rewards
  1. Title available on all servers of "I survived purgatory" for having a character on the server
  2. Title available on all servers of "Remember Freeport" for all those who took place in fighting the gods the last week of the server
  3. Cosmetic rewards for other servers
  4. etc
Bro, the crack pipe...put it down.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
No AA lock on Kunark means there's no point to getting xp for two full expansions. I'm not sure that's great for the server health.
Well no aa lock does open up more aa than are available in luclin and reality is the vast majority of players do not finish luclin with anything close to max aa. I bet it is less than 10% who even have half their aa by the end of luclin. Probably a stat the devs should have and would tell them if it’s a good idea or not.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Mischief 2.0 with everything fixed so no WW dragons dropping BoC's, ect. But also not as much loot per boss - 1-2x is fine. Getting 4x loot from a boss was overkill IMO.

Also starting in Luclin.
You’re basically describing Mischief from the point after you quit.

• 2Double Worf

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Every time you zone your race/class/gender should reroll. If you end up a male Erudite, you are temporarily removed from your guild and placed in <Dark Men of Odus> under Nirgon Nirgon until you eventually roll out and return to your original guild.

And of course full PVP where your monitor catches fire and your CC info is mailed to Nigeria on death/disconnect.

When you hit max level your toon explodes and you load back into either (randomized, but weighted based on the number of /petitions and FRAPS logs you have been involved in) Pantheon beta, Monsters and Memories beta, or an EQ2 progression server.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Most of this Purgatory idea sounds like a pipe/fever/crack dream. However, I like the idea of a class unlock schedule.

I'd flip things a bit though. Having the most OP/oversaturated classes held back until Month 5 would put a new spin on the early game.

Start: Warrior, Cleric, Rogue, Wizard
Month 2: Paladin, Shaman, Berserker
Month 3: Shadowknight, Druid, Beastlord
Month 4: Necromancer, Bard, Ranger
Month 5: Monk, Enchanter, Magician

Or something like that.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Most of this Purgatory idea sounds like a pipe/fever/crack dream. However, I like the idea of a class unlock schedule.

I'd flip things a bit though. Having the most OP/oversaturated classes held back until Month 5 would put a new spin on the early game.

Or something like that.

If they're gonna do class staggering, imo no tanks in the first bracket. I'd probably do bard enc monk in the last bracket, too, to have the strongest pulling and cc really late. If the goal is purely to spread class playment around, yours isnt bad, but swap ranger and sk maybe.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Or something like that.
Playing rogue or warrior without any shaman or enchanter or bard buffs lol wtf would enjoy that? Class staggering is extremely dumb. Dps the first few months would be fucking horrific.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Ok, faggots. Real class lock server if you don't want it to be shit:

Start: Rogue
Month 6: Warrior
Month 12: Ranger
Month 18: Wizard
Month 24: Paladin and Kunark unlocks
Month 30: Berserker
Month 36: SK and Kunark locks again
Month 42: Bard
Month 48: Wizard again
Month 54: Druid
Month 60: Beastlord and Kunark + Velious
Month 66: Cleric
Month 72: Monk + Luclin
Month 78: Enchanter + PoP
Month 84: Magician
Month 90: Shaman

Then every 6 months a new expansion and if I left any classes out, tough shit they don't exist

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Wizards only, All gear set to none/none, mana permanently set to 0, and a bull moose is released inside your home every 6 hours until you're max level at which point the reanimated corpse of Brad McQuaid is sent to abduct you and put you to work on developing Pantheon.

• 3Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wizards only, All gear set to none/none, mana permanently set to 0, and a bull moose is released inside your home every 6 hours until you're max level at which point the reanimated corpse of Brad McQuaid is sent to abduct you and put you to work on developing Pantheon.

Nobody developing pantheon does work. Come on man, try to make it a little bit believable!

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
I say remove motm from instances and cap instances at fewer players, like 24 in classic, 30 in Kunark etc.

Small man raids are fun. Giving VT mobs more hit points is not.

Obviously this wouldn't be interesting post-motm. Maybe there's some way to keep the vibe going.

Also +100% exp and +50 magic resist for all charm and mez but figure everyone hates that idea.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I say remove motm from instances and cap instances at fewer players, like 24 in classic, 30 in Kunark etc.

Small man raids are fun. Giving VT mobs more hit points is not.

Obviously this wouldn't be interesting post-motm. Maybe there's some way to keep the vibe going.

Also +100% exp and +50 magic resist for all charm and mez but figure everyone hates that idea.
Post MoTM era you can just play with fewer people.

NToV is probably the worst raid zone on TLPs now thanks to MoTM. It’s an absolute slog.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I have always thought they should remove the resist buff part of motm. It was dumb motm nerfed casters when casters were already bad. And I think focus effects should be avail at launch.

I think enabling out of combat regen on launch would be a fun mechanic too. And all of that mostly buffs the classes who are weak in those eras not the strong ones.

Tooken

Trakanon Raider
No need for them to invest in infrastructure, just get it working in aws/azure with pay as you go licensing. Create a user friendly server admin client to adjust server settings and you are good to go. I would totally have a server setup and going for my friends and I within hours of launch.
This would be fantastic!

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
Bring back the old Fironia Vie rule set. No common language and only one character per account allowed.

Still pissed off that SOE decided to wreck that just before DayBreak took over :mad:

• 1Like