ResetEra Staff Member

ARADUNE
Avatar of Tunare, Ranger of the 60th Mozzarella Stick, Blessed Be Thy Name

1673290095536.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whatever they do, they should do it in late Feb or early March. Current servers are dying really fast.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would like it but it seems unlikely. We are probably still May-July.

WTB Selo 2.0

Main issue with fast expansion release servers are they just die far to fast. IMO 2 months is the minimum per major expansion outside class/kunark.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
I know it'd have some resistance but a TSS start with the no race/class restrictions would mitigate the trainer problem if you forced everyone to start in Crescent Reach.

I still would like to see the TSS start with whatever other ruleset just because of how much I hate classic/Kunark and really not that big of a fan of Velious after the first week or 2.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
I know it'd have some resistance but a TSS start with the no race/class restrictions would mitigate the trainer problem if you forced everyone to start in Crescent Reach.

I still would like to see the TSS start with whatever other ruleset just because of how much I hate classic/Kunark and really not that big of a fan of Velious after the first week or 2.
Didn't the previous TLP that started at TSS have like 80 active people after a week?

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
I believe Miragul started at HoT, and coupled with the lack of fanfare and heroic start wouldn't exactly make for a lot of longevity on a server ESPECIALLY with truebox rules in place.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mercs come in sod and they absolutely demolish content until the 60s and only fall behind players in the 70s, so miragul was hardly a tss playthrough. Further, sof is significantly superior leveling content, so not only are you breezing to there with mercs, but probably going to the farm or whatever instead of frostcrypt or ashengate in the 70s.

I do think a tss start will be relatively unpopular and need some other gimmick(s) to make it good, but I'd go for anything over classic leveling. I did the grimling path on selo, on a future advanced start server I'd love to do some kunark dungeon path (kaesora, dalnir, droga etc) if im grouped or outdoor velious like the gd bears if im boxing, or loy if available. Nobody likes oot goblins, not even the autisticest of the autist rerollers.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So a new thred was started based around an announcement. Would seem fitting to just merge the threads at this point.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We will get the other thread title edited and update the OP with the exact rules once they drop.