EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, I almost want to play if it's going to be this much of a clusterfuck...
Yep.
So I just used a couple of my chars to test the FTE that just went in on test... I can currently take a FD class round up a bunch of mobs and drop them on someone else... They will immediately start attacking that person but stay locked to the FD class... You can't do anything to defend yourself.....

This is not good...

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I am told that if one mob buffs another mob, the buff recipient gets locked to the buffer. Time to be locked out of exp in any zone with a cleric or shaman mob lmao.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I am told that if one mob buffs another mob, the buff recipient gets locked to the buffer. Time to be locked out of exp in any zone with a cleric or shaman mob lmao.
thats fucking comical good lord i cant wait to see this shit show

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just got off the phone with Jen Change, they are just calling a mulligan and not doing a TLP this year.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow. This post in that test thread:

Stuff saw with the FTE thing while testing broken mirror stuff at level 105.

1. Agro is extremely flaky. I was spamming agro on targets and having an auto attacking rogue pull off me as a shadowknight, the healer merc was pulling off of me as well even halfway through fights.

2. Our puller brought 3 mobs in, and died about 15 seconds into the encounter. We could attack and kill the mobs, but the mobs turned gray and gave no task credit. Later, I pulled and died as the tank, but was rezzed mid encounter, the mobs turned green again and gave credit. I do not believe the mobs turning gray if the initial puller dies would be an intended behavior.

3. Some of the tasks in open world had mobs that spawn linked to the group similar to how the * mobs work on early TLPs, (such as XXX's nemesis or XXX's challenger)if they spawned and proximity agroed the out of group shaman, they bugged and went agro and we got no credit.

4. The agro was EXTREMELY flaky when a pet was involved. At 105, the mage pets on normal servers hold agro very well, I can barely yank off a mage pet for long as a SK, but the pet seemed to have agro issues that were worse than my own when multiple melee characters were on a target, despite having taunt turned on.

5. We were attacked by all gray mobs we came near (there were other people in these zones fooling around and training/fading), but could not attack them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Quick daybreak you have 2 weeks to split the FTE changes out of the new TLP branch !!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Btw, sorry Necros

1683746897005.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Did anyone, at any point, ask for any of this? Was there any real demand for FTE? Were DPS races that big of a problem for anyone, really?

Nuts how the first single-server TLP in years also happens to be the worst TLP idea yet.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The 25th must be really good, considering how bad they are fucking up the 24th.

I thought they were saving their best ideas for the 25th, but after the past week or so of revelations on this one, I don't think they're holding back anything and the 25th might be terrible too. They'll try to come up with something for it in 11.8 months and might luck into squeaking out a good server.

Regime Regime Zaide Zaide E Elaida We should do a static and yoink server first 50 just to see the shitshow, and then quit. I'll break out the old Adderall reserve.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I thought they were saving their best ideas for the 25th, but after the past week or so of revelations on this one, I don't think they're holding back anything and the 25th might be terrible too. They'll try to come up with something for it in 11.8 months and might luck into squeaking out a good server.

Regime Regime Zaide Zaide E Elaida We should do a static and yoink server first 50 just to see the shitshow, and then quit. I'll break out the old Adderall reserve.
Bruh if you think I am boxing Elaida to 50 you are crazy :)

• 4Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Did anyone, at any point, ask for any of this? Was there any real demand for FTE? Were DPS races that big of a problem for anyone, really?

Nuts how the first single-server TLP in years also happens to be the worst TLP idea yet.

I think there's a lot of people that would have a better time if they pretended the second server was called Mischief. I hear it launched in TBS with free trade and random loot.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

There's plenty of people who complain every TLP about DPS races and camp monopolization. It's less now than it used to be given certain key quest changes, AoCs, and other changes, but the forums will certainly have posts about it, directly and indirectly (stuff like Epic mob competition, for example). I think this FTE shit is a direct response to that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users