EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
Also, if you're wondering what you're dealing with wrt to DBG's implementation of 'anti-ksing' measures...

View attachment 472860

Meeko didn't know about how ebolt counted towards a dps race in the first place. :oops:

Unless a bug has happened on Mischief onwards regarding dots, I don't think you know how dot's work in dps races either. This has been such a big misconception ever since the poison DoT line got reworked that dramatically increased its damage. People been saying this "dot's count as full damage towards credit" since Agnarr, and it has never been true. It has been tested over and over to be false. Even on Aradune in TEB, I got so tired of people bringing this up despite me telling people they are wrong on this since Agnarr and correctly explaining what's really happening that I had some of the people claiming it actually go test it out to prove to them.

The mechanic you are actually referring to has been around since at least Phinny prior to the DoT revamp, maybe earlier. It was something that myself and Dima realized in Velious on phinny, so it's at least been around that long. People just didn't notice anything until the poison DoT line got revamped and Agnarr released which allowed ebolt to be highly effective at racing classic mobs because of their low HP. Notice how less and less people bring it up as expansions release and mobs have higher hp. It's mostly classic that people complain about it.

How the mechanic actually works: Any time you cast a DoT on a mob, you get ONE free tick that is counted towards the kill credit that does not display as dmg on your screen. This works for ALL dots. So if you were to cast ebolt and it lands on a mob 1 second prior to the server tick, you will see a tick of dmg 1 second later but it actually did TWO ticks towards the kill credit. For example, Ebolt does 351 per tick, with 41 dmg DD. Casting ebolt on a mob will instantly give you 392 dmg towards the kill credit, and 743 dmg total after the first tick.

Now if based on your theory that Ebolt counts as full dmg towards kill credit, and Ebolt does a total of 2498 dmg (41 DD + 6 ticks + 1 free tick), it would only require 3 necros only casting ONE ebolt on a 14k HP mob where all 3 necros ebolts only ticked once before it died to get the kill. This doesn't happen. You can go test it yourself. Where people complain about this is stuff like hill giants that only need 1 ebolt to land that ticks 2 times to secure the kill.

Again, unless some random bug has changed it since Mischief (Aradune is the last time i as well as others tested this to prove what I'm saying), then it is still how I explain. Given that people been saying this since Agnarr when it wasn't even true then, I highly doubt anything has changed.

Side tip: While on the topic of dots, unless it's been fixed, if a bard Dot's a mob and then gets feared, it has a chance to do millions of dmg and insta kill the mob if the DoT ticks while the bard is feared. Can insta kill raid bosses that do aoe fears with this trick.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hats

Molten Core Raider
okay now i feel less bad not 'knowing' about it then after having mained a necro for the last few years

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Unless a bug has happened on Mischief onwards regarding dots, I don't think you know how dot's work in dps races either
My brother in Christ, where did I say anything about how dots work in dps races? I'm just pointing out that the developers in charge of solving the 'dps race' issue don't even know the parameters of their problem. He is responding to a different person.

• 1Picard

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
My brother in Christ, where did I say anything about how dots work in dps races? I'm just pointing out that the developers in charge of solving the 'dps race' issue don't even know the parameters of their problem. He is responding to a different person.

He was replying to a person claiming "necro dots apply full dot to damage done immediately"
Which then started a ton of people trying to tell him that DoT's count as full dmg to kill credit upon landing. He even gave an example of "so say a dot has 5 ticks doing 100 dmg each it is counting as 500 damage even if only one tick landed before death" to further clarify what people were claiming, which everyone then said correct.

You posted the SS of him replying specifically to the dot dmg claim in that conversation, and then said "meeko didn't know about how ebolt counted towards a dps race in the first place"

I'm slightly confused about your reply. Given the context, it sounds like you are saying that meeko didn't know this exists, which means you were agreeing with the claims made about how DoT dmg is applied, since that post would make no sense at all if you didn't agree with the claims. To me, it makes since that meeko didn't know this exists since it actually doesn't exist.

Am I wrong on the context?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Meeko not understand DPS race. Meeko not say "How the mechanic actually works: Any time you cast a DoT on a mob, you get ONE free tick that is counted towards the kill credit that does not display as dmg on your screen. This works for ALL dots. So if you were to cast ebolt and it lands on a mob 1 second prior to the server tick, you will see a tick of dmg 1 second later but it actually did TWO ticks towards the kill credit. For example, Ebolt does 351 per tick, with 41 dmg DD. Casting ebolt on a mob will instantly give you 392 dmg towards the kill credit, and 743 dmg total after the first tick.", meeko say "seems weird".

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
Meeko not understand DPS race. Meeko not say "How the mechanic actually works: Any time you cast a DoT on a mob, you get ONE free tick that is counted towards the kill credit that does not display as dmg on your screen. This works for ALL dots. So if you were to cast ebolt and it lands on a mob 1 second prior to the server tick, you will see a tick of dmg 1 second later but it actually did TWO ticks towards the kill credit. For example, Ebolt does 351 per tick, with 41 dmg DD. Casting ebolt on a mob will instantly give you 392 dmg towards the kill credit, and 743 dmg total after the first tick.", meeko say "seems weird".

You right now

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
This just in: everyone at fires of heaven believes daybreak is incompetent and accidently doing a poor job on the new TLP server. Not a single foh board member cites a different reasoning behind such a poor concept and anti EverQuest EverQuest server.

Hopefully more than just me recognizes this false narrative.

They don't want you playing.

It's that simple.

They. Don't. Want. You. Playing.

Or me. Maybe it's just me.

I'll say it again. It's not a joke.

They literally do not want you playing. Not some lol they don't want money.

No it's not like that.

They literally do not want you to play video games at whoever is sentient reading this right now.

The entire video game industry is reflecting this pov on multiple fronts.

The green lights against this theory have in game concepts and tactics to throw you off if you decide on said green light games.

• 1Imbecile

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
They. Do. Not. Want. You. To. Play. Video. Games.

Stop. Stop pretending that 'oh my god how incompetent are they'

You're smarter and better than this.

Get some help.

• 1Midwit

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
They literally do not want you to play video games at whoever is sentient reading this right now.
Hey, that was my conspiracy about them ruining Star Wars. Think of the sheer amount of autistic mental capital that was freed up by killing off Star Wars!

This has been such a big misconception ever since the poison DoT line got reworked that dramatically increased its damage. People been saying this "dot's count as full damage towards credit" since Agnarr, and it has never been true. It has been tested over and over to be false. Even on Aradune in TEB, I got so tired of people bringing this up despite me telling people they are wrong on this since Agnarr and correctly explaining what's really happening that I had some of the people claiming it actually go test it out to prove to them.
1683725188243.png

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Also, if you're wondering what you're dealing with wrt to DBG's implementation of 'anti-ksing' measures...

View attachment 472860

Meeko didn't know about how ebolt counted towards a dps race in the first place. :oops:

Great, now they're gonna fix that and I won't be able to terrorize attempted KSers anymore.

Edit: Whatever the real DoT calculations are, they definitely do more damage check than they're supposed to. I talk about "double necro" and "double shaman" on here because that's how you duo Efreeti without competition. Anyone who tries to KS is basically helping you.

And now everybody knows about that so blah. I guess it doesn't matter on this next server anyway.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Unless a bug has happened on Mischief onwards regarding dots, I don't think you know how dot's work in dps races either. This has been such a big misconception ever since the poison DoT line got reworked that dramatically increased its damage. People been saying this "dot's count as full damage towards credit" since Agnarr, and it has never been true. It has been tested over and over to be false. Even on Aradune in TEB, I got so tired of people bringing this up despite me telling people they are wrong on this since Agnarr and correctly explaining what's really happening that I had some of the people claiming it actually go test it out to prove to them.

The mechanic you are actually referring to has been around since at least Phinny prior to the DoT revamp, maybe earlier. It was something that myself and Dima realized in Velious on phinny, so it's at least been around that long. People just didn't notice anything until the poison DoT line got revamped and Agnarr released which allowed ebolt to be highly effective at racing classic mobs because of their low HP. Notice how less and less people bring it up as expansions release and mobs have higher hp. It's mostly classic that people complain about it.

How the mechanic actually works: Any time you cast a DoT on a mob, you get ONE free tick that is counted towards the kill credit that does not display as dmg on your screen. This works for ALL dots. So if you were to cast ebolt and it lands on a mob 1 second prior to the server tick, you will see a tick of dmg 1 second later but it actually did TWO ticks towards the kill credit. For example, Ebolt does 351 per tick, with 41 dmg DD. Casting ebolt on a mob will instantly give you 392 dmg towards the kill credit, and 743 dmg total after the first tick.

Now if based on your theory that Ebolt counts as full dmg towards kill credit, and Ebolt does a total of 2498 dmg (41 DD + 6 ticks + 1 free tick), it would only require 3 necros only casting ONE ebolt on a 14k HP mob where all 3 necros ebolts only ticked once before it died to get the kill. This doesn't happen. You can go test it yourself. Where people complain about this is stuff like hill giants that only need 1 ebolt to land that ticks 2 times to secure the kill.

Again, unless some random bug has changed it since Mischief (Aradune is the last time i as well as others tested this to prove what I'm saying), then it is still how I explain. Given that people been saying this since Agnarr when it wasn't even true then, I highly doubt anything has changed.

Side tip: While on the topic of dots, unless it's been fixed, if a bard Dot's a mob and then gets feared, it has a chance to do millions of dmg and insta kill the mob if the DoT ticks while the bard is feared. Can insta kill raid bosses that do aoe fears with this trick.

Nice autistic rant.

Nobody gives a shit

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
It's not like anyone told them this was in fact the stupidest idea ever conceived in the history of stupid ideas conceived for EverQuest.... oh that's right. EVERYBODY TOLD THEM.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Honestly, I almost want to play if it's going to be this much of a clusterfuck...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
After over 8 hours of testing with over 10 people in comms, split between 2 and 3 groups this is just a small list of some of the things we encountered.

1) In some zones, we were the only ones in zone, mobs were locked for no reason and at anytime during our play-time the mobs never unlocked.

2) Mobs that were locked to one group would break lock if an outside healer or bard got high enough on the aggro list SOMETIMES that group was able to attack said mob, sometimes they were stuck beating on an invulnerable god frog.

3) When pulling with FD, the mobs would sit there locked to me but as soon as I stand, they unlocked (weird). If I stood, some of the mobs would be invulnerable to our other groups and some were attackable.

4) Numerous mez/memblur songs and spells reacted different and often times weren't repeated to any kind of logical anticipation.

5) Enchanter runes oog are OP until you get high enough on aggro and sit
:)

6) When training another group, even if the trainee died; the other groups were left to fend off the train and were unable to attack/mez/defend themselves.

There were numerous other odd items that occurred but these stuck out the most. This company took 10 business days to produce a half-age FAQ; do we really have faith they'll be able to fix numerous issues already found in the first few hours of FTE? This was in a controlled environment with everyone in comms, imagine a fully populated zone lol.

• 1Like