EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Starting with a druid on TLP is $$$ because of utility. I don't know how it'll play out with the benefits of multiple chars on one account on Oakwynd but having a pocket druid to port you around, hand out DS/sow/regen/heal/whatever is a huge QOL. Having both enc/dru duo is a great core to build whatever you need to later, and is also extremely strong in of itself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Looking at 4 boxing myself, most likely SK main driving the group.

Thinking SK/Shm/Brd + Either Wizard or Mage, Do I want Wiz for ports and maybe Flux staff FTE shit, or do I just go Mag for pet dps. (SK and SHM will be Ogre and ill have to run the othes to meet up)

or

SK/Enc/Clr/Mag at launch and let a charm pet carry to 50 then later bring up the Shaman and Bard (Will probably go DE with this combo to all start in one city)

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looking at 4 boxing myself, most likely SK main driving the group.

Thinking SK/Shm/Brd + Either Wizard or Mage, Do I want Wiz for ports and maybe Flux staff FTE shit, or do I just go Mag for pet dps. (SK and SHM will be Ogre and ill have to run the othes to meet up)

or

SK/Enc/Clr/Mag at launch and let a charm pet carry to 50 then later bring up the Shaman and Bard (Will probably go DE with this combo to all start in one city)

Charming and boxing 4 toons might be too much, sk/shm/brd/mag sounds pretty good, only reason id side with mage over wiz is your DPS is a bit low before you can start nuking on the wiz and you'll have steady DPS from the start, while still having selos to get pretty much anywhere you want to and ports are usually pretty easy to find.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wizard is super low maintenance but just won't do much for an sk/shm group. Better off with a druid in almost every regard. Mage or necro will be far higher dps. Mage up front and while leveling, nec or druid if you park and dot with the shaman too. If you hate hate hate boxing normally and managing a pet is torture, wiz works, but I still think a druid will do you better in every way.

• 1Like

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Part of it for me is, I want to main the cleric. Never mained a cleric before. So my plan is to 1-50 the cleric ASAP and then level up my box. I just want to box to farm stuff, etc.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't think a ranger is going to get close to a monk dps wise for a few xpacs, but I'll always pick ranger over monk to play personally.

I just like the class more.

Ranger's one of the funnest melees for sure. The only "bad" classes for classic are Rogue and Warrior

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

RonTheDude

Silver Squire
Ranger's one of the funnest melees for sure. The only "bad" classes for classic are Rogue and Warrior
Yeah I tried a rogue in classic, was one of the most miserable experiences of my gaming career. Got into a bad static for the Mischief launch, but kept telling myself "I can't leave because I probably won't get a group otherwise."

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
rogue is fine because everyone feels like they have to help pull you along and it brings out the spirit of community

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Part of it for me is, I want to main the cleric. Never mained a cleric before. So my plan is to 1-50 the cleric ASAP and then level up my box. I just want to box to farm stuff, etc.

Mage is generally the best casual farm stuff box, but enc is fine. Good for named and best if you ever dabble into tradeskills.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Mage is generally the best casual farm stuff box, but enc is fine. Good for named and best if you ever dabble into tradeskills.

Yeah this pretty much, Mage for low effort casual farming, Enchanter is a lot more powerful but also a lot more effort and danger.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

I felt the same way, and went DE cleric last time (for the hide / Innoruk snare necklace)

• 1Like

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I felt the same way, and went DE cleric last time (for the hide / Innoruk snare necklace)

Yeah, I'm a huge R.A. Salvatore nerd, so I usually go DE. Plus, love the starting area and the snare neck is super nice too. Mage might be a good idea for a box toon for me. I've never played a chanter and I feel like that might be a lot for my first boxing experience.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I mained a rogue back in 1999 which is why i think i never got in to any of these tlps. Once you look past the nostalgia of your first mmo/ virtual world experience and start thinking back to the actual gameplay experience, for me, was pure aids. I think it took 6-8 months if not longer to hit level cap back then because as a rogue you relied solely on the pity of other players to let you in their groups.

I sold my account end of velious/ beginning of luclin when rogues were actually decent. I came back to the game around pop and rolled a beastlord, neat little monk/shm hybrid, and while the gameplay was infinity better as a beastlord the game itself was worse, no more mystery, just a bunch of keys and flags for raid shit, quickly turned me off to the game.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
SK/SHM/BRD is tits once you get to around the PoP era and porting isn't much of an issue. Prior to that though, I'd definitely rather do SK/SHM/WIZ or SK/DRU/BRD for the massive utility of ports.

• 2Like