EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cheers, thinking about trying a ssf run, not hardcore though as that'd only last about 20 mins for me!
So just playing by yourself? Maybe try doing it on a server like mischief where there are no other people in low lvl zones. If that's your thing.

Needless

Toe Sucker
the wizard dream has died, nobody loves them time to roll a monk until velious

edit: got a fbss nvm

Last edited:
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
comin back after 20 yrs off, I almost forgot how grueling this could be!
making meaningful progress after 20 without a ready group of competent players has proven to be pretty frustrating.

leveled my Ogre Sham to 24 via pugs and solo.
bought all my spells to 27, but not a copper left over to buy or make banded armor

anyone got mains or alts in the 20s that could use a tagalong?
reach out to me here, or ping me in game @ Nemmy, L24 Ogre Sham
I'm around most nights, 9-12 p.m PST

• 1Like

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
The Ruins of Kunark - Loot Modifier - 125%
What's that mean? 25% more chance for an additional piece of loot. i.e., frenzy may drop 2 fbss? or is it something different entirely?

A: All "No Drop" items that are NOT "Free-Trade No Drop" will be treated as Heirloom items on Oakwynd. This does not affect items that are already Heirloom; they will stay Heirloom.
What does this mean? I can transfer no-drop items through the shared bank?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Ruins of Kunark - Loot Modifier - 125%
What's that mean? 25% more chance for an additional piece of loot. i.e., frenzy may drop 2 fbss? or is it something different entirely?

A: All "No Drop" items that are NOT "Free-Trade No Drop" will be treated as Heirloom items on Oakwynd. This does not affect items that are already Heirloom; they will stay Heirloom.
What does this mean? I can transfer no-drop items through the shared bank?

125% means 25% more

Hierloom means you can transfer items in the shared bank or parcel them to your other characters

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
125% means 25% more

Hierloom means you can transfer items in the shared bank or parcel them to your other characters
I like the idea of the Heirloom thing but at the same time it just sounds like a worse Mischief.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I like the idea of the Heirloom thing but at the same time it just sounds like a worse Mischief.

That's kind of the problem I have with it. The mix of bonuses per expansion and the raid lockout per character thing with bonus exp for alts is all fine but I'd rather just have bonus loot and free trade.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
True. Most of my group used a 50% xp pot. We did Steamfont > Unrest > L Guk > Kedge. Hit a couple camp issues in L Guk at first, but not too bad. Moved from Hamlord at 46 to Kedge. That ended up going really well. Went from 46 to 50 there in about 5 hours. Had a bard puller that really knew the zone and no one else there. That was with bonus xp and a 50% pot though too.
Oof wish I had some 50% pots. I need to find how to get some before the next server. Here’s hoping they give out more.

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
The heirloom + exp bonus perks seem directly targeted at the Classic - PoP recyclers who either (A) raid hardcore and burn out or (B) piddle around and level like 5 alts on one account.

Once the AA grind hits, who the hell is gonna keep up with multiple alts on one account? Keeping ONE character leveled up with sufficient AA's is time consuming enough.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Oof wish I had some 50% pots. I need to find how to get some before the next server. Here’s hoping they give out more.

Weren't you in one of the first groups to 50? Definitely saw you in the leading pack early-on.

Wonder if I have any 50%'s lurking in /claim for next year. Have barely been on since like, last Sept so not sure.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Weren't you in one of the first groups to 50? Definitely saw you in the leading pack early-on.

Wonder if I have any 50%'s lurking in /claim for next year. Have barely been on since like, last Sept so not sure.
Cupcaek was in the lead group and some of them def had pots. I saw Barrt running a rank 3 pot in lava or SolA.

To get them you had to log in during the anniversary week, so a lot of people have them but fresh accounts or people who had already quit til the next tlp didn’t.

I think there were some other ways to get them as well since some people had multiple, but I don’t recall where they all come from.

Jasker

Brown officer title, just like Kaige
125% means 25% more

What does thsimean?

so a second fbss is inconecievable and it would be a 25% trash drop?

i have low IQ

• 1Worf

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider

Ya, one of our mages had one. He finished like 30mins ahead of me.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What does thsimean?

so a second fbss is inconecievable and it would be a 25% trash drop?

i have low IQ

Sounds to me like instead of one loot every 4th frenzied or so you’d get two items

We don't actually know what it will mean. Vaniki had double loot. It often (but not always) functioned like this - if the thing you killed was going to drop an item it instead dropped two items rather than dropping one item twice as often. This meant that you would often (but not always) be hunting for a very rare quest item and when it finally dropped you got two. It didn't take half the time. It took the same time but you could maybe do two at once. With raid targets you got two full pulls from a thing's loot table. I'm expecting 25% more loot to work about the same but it might not.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
We don't actually know what it will mean. Vaniki had double loot. It often (but not always) functioned like this - if the thing you killed was going to drop an item it instead dropped two items rather than dropping one item twice as often. This meant that you would often (but not always) be hunting for a very rare quest item and when it finally dropped you got two. It didn't take half the time. It took the same time but you could maybe do two at once. With raid targets you got two full pulls from a thing's loot table. I'm expecting 25% more loot to work about the same but it might not.

That's retarded if true, so it's most definitely true

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
We don't actually know what it will mean.

There was % bonus loot as one of the Extra Life incentives last year. It will be 25% chance to get an extra drop of the same loot table, that just dropped. It might lead to some crazy drops come Kunark. I think items like RBG are on their own loot table, just that table rarely gets pulled, so we might have people see 2 RGB drop off the same mob.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There was % bonus loot as one of the Extra Life incentives last year. It will be 25% chance to get an extra drop of the same loot table, that just dropped. It might lead to some crazy drops come Kunark. I think items like RBG are on their own loot table, just that table rarely gets pulled, so we might have people see 2 RGB drop off the same mob.

You read everything else I posted, right.

• 1Worf