EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
View attachment 475135
Just to clear this up, one guild did defeat Mearatas in-era on TLP and that's OGC. Was there, best fight I've ever had in EQ. When we finally got it the execution was nearly flawless, outside of Robnie fucking up one emote so we got 2/3 achievements. On Phinny we only got two months with that expansion, so we were under-geared, plus under-geared from previous expansions for the same reason, so any mistake at all could torpedo us.

Faceless on Selo could have also gotten the W on that raid if they had more time, since they had even less time in-era than Phinny.

I think Burning Lands really needs to be a 3-month expansion on future TLPs. It's one of the best later expansions. Same goes for Underfoot. They're both sold really short by the current unlock schedule. Could take two months from the PoP/LDON era and give them to TBL and UF.
Was that one a joint raid with the other guild on the server?

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
View attachment 475135
Just to clear this up, one guild did defeat Mearatas in-era on TLP and that's OGC. Was there, best fight I've ever had in EQ. When we finally got it the execution was nearly flawless, outside of Robnie fucking up one emote so we got 2/3 achievements. On Phinny we only got two months with that expansion, so we were under-geared, plus under-geared from previous expansions for the same reason, so any mistake at all could torpedo us.

Faceless on Selo could have also gotten the W on that raid if they had more time, since they had even less time in-era than Phinny.

I think Burning Lands really needs to be a 3-month expansion on future TLPs. It's one of the best later expansions. Same goes for Underfoot. They're both sold really short by the current unlock schedule. Could take two months from the PoP/LDON era and give them to TBL and UF.
Listening to Zaide's stream chat is similar to believing comments on Alla. It's like a constant stream of diarrhea of GDQ tier donations - "Greetings from Germany! What a treat! I haven't played this game in 20 years! Thanks for bringing me back to my childhood!"

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Was that one a joint raid with the other guild on the server?

Not really, there was a lot of misinformation flying around about it. We had something like 47 OGC there and 5 people from Rosengard who were friends of people in OGC (cause by that time in the server life, who cares, bring friends). I wouldn't call it a joint raid by any means, as we were the only ones consistently working on the fight. I believe there were four guilds left at that point overall. #2 was Resolute/EoE and to my knowledge they didn't get very far with Mearatas.

OGC never really joint raided with anyone else, outside of Claws of Veeshan where an alliance was formed with Resolute (the one other guild at that point) and it fell apart after like one week because OGC did an easy target on an off-night and it turned out Resolute couldn't beat that target and considered it an official raid target, hence OGC "left them out" of the loot and they quit the server.

Guild drama never ceases to be hilarious to watch

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
you're a real one big dawg

Except there was no joint raid, unless someone wants to count a couple guests as another guild. In which case plenty of raids have been "joint raids" over the years likely unbeknownst to their leaders.

I think a lot of the confusion comes from OGC publicly thanking Rosengard and giving them credit for also taking part. Made it appear to be a large-scale joint raid. But yes, it was a few friends, which often happened over the years (Cult of Chaos members as well, as CoC was a loose OGC ally similar to EoE being a loose AoS ally). I think the public thanking was probably Dima not wanting to take all the credit or somesuch.

I really wish Selo had as much time in TBL as Phinny did (and started at the same time) so OGC and Faceless could have competed over Mearatas. That would have been awesome. The one downside to how great Mearatas was, was that there wasn't any competition for it.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Except there was no joint raid, unless someone wants to count a couple guests as another guild. In which case plenty of raids have been "joint raids" over the years likely unbeknownst to their leaders.

I think a lot of the confusion comes from OGC publicly thanking Rosengard and giving them credit for also taking part. Made it appear to be a large-scale joint raid. But yes, it was a few friends, which often happened over the years (Cult of Chaos members as well, as CoC was a loose OGC ally similar to EoE being a loose AoS ally). I think the public thanking was probably Dima not wanting to take all the credit or somesuch.

I really wish Selo had as much time in TBL as Phinny did (and started at the same time) so OGC and Faceless could have competed over Mearatas. That would have been awesome. The one downside to how great Mearatas was, was that there wasn't any competition for it.
He just hit reply on the wrong comment bro.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
He just hit reply on the wrong comment bro.

lol yeah I was just seizing the opportunity to go on about Mearatas. Talking about that raid is like talking about a memorable game from highschool football back in your glory days.

How is Oakwynd treating people? Is it as bad as people expected?

I popped on EQ for 5 minutes to check it out and saw kronos going for 150pp. Turned into that "guy behind a tree rubbing hands together" meme because damn. It'll go up fast though.

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
lol yeah I was just seizing the opportunity to go on about Mearatas. Talking about that raid is like talking about a memorable game from highschool football back in your glory days.

How is Oakwynd treating people? Is it as bad as people expected?

I popped on EQ for 5 minutes to check it out and saw kronos going for 150pp. Turned into that "guy behind a tree rubbing hands together" meme because damn. It'll go up fast though.

I've had a lot of fun actually. Had a super solid static group. We all got 50 about 11 pm ish CST Friday night. Just guessing, but there were probably 12 or so, Fight To Engage people already 50 by then, that I could see. I'm sure more, that I couldn't. We were the the first group of Roosters to 50.

The FTE mechanic is a little buggy, but didn't really effect the xp grind in any super meaningful way. Good or bad. Some charm mechanic stuff to work out. Will be interesting to see how it plays out and gets exploited and tweeked though.

Server feels pretty hardcore to me atm. People leveled way faster here then on Yelinak. Not counting the Friday xp bonus even. Be interesting to see how things evolve.

• 1Solidarity

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I've had a lot of fun actually. Had a super solid static group. We all got 50 about 11 pm ish CST Friday night. Just guessing, but there were probably 12 or so, Fight To Engage people already 50 by then, that I could see. I'm sure more, that I couldn't. We were the the first group of Roosters to 50.

The FTE mechanic is a little buggy, but didn't really effect the xp grind in any super meaningful way. Good or bad. Some charm mechanic stuff to work out. Will be interesting to see how it plays out and gets exploited and tweeked though.

Server feels pretty hardcore to me atm. People leveled way faster here then on Yelinak. Not counting the Friday xp bonus even. Be interesting to see how things evolve.
I think a lot of folks had 50% exp pots banked in their /claim windows because they were given out this past year on the anniversary.

Yelinak was also a more casual than average server so people probably are leveling faster.

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think a lot of folks had 50% exp pots banked in their /claim windows because they were given out this past year on the anniversary.

Yelinak was also a more casual than average server so people probably are leveling faster.

True. Most of my group used a 50% xp pot. We did Steamfont > Unrest > L Guk > Kedge. Hit a couple camp issues in L Guk at first, but not too bad. Moved from Hamlord at 46 to Kedge. That ended up going really well. Went from 46 to 50 there in about 5 hours. Had a bard puller that really knew the zone and no one else there. That was with bonus xp and a 50% pot though too.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Hole is open. Get some good grinding in before xp bonus ends Tuesday night.

• 1Like

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
For people that have done a solo self found runs, did you allow yourself to buy things from vendors that other players has sold? was wondering around the mechanics of that.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
For people that have done a solo self found runs, did you allow yourself to buy things from vendors that other players has sold? was wondering around the mechanics of that.
No, you only buy vendor items the vendor would have normally, it’s marked by a - in the quantity usually.

Last edited:

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
Cheers, thinking about trying a ssf run, not hardcore though as that'd only last about 20 mins for me!