EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is their DPH system. Seems kinda low.

View attachment 460389

At this point I suspect a job on an mmo is like being elected to congress. Your income isn't purely salary. We got guys here that haven't worked there in a decade or something still scooping up rmt krono hauls every tlp.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
At this point I suspect a job on an mmo is like being elected to congress. Your income isn't purely salary. We got guys here that haven't worked there in a decade or something still scooping up rmt krono hauls every tlp.
I really do think your big krono sellers on ectunnel like diamond krono etc that never seem to run out are DBG employees and that's how they make cash on the side. I don't understand the logistics of it and I don't know if Devs even have the ability to will krono out of thin air but it makes sense in my head.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I really do think your big krono sellers on ectunnel like diamond krono etc that never seem to run out are DBG employees and that's how they make cash on the side. I don't understand the logistics of it and I don't know if Devs even have the ability to will krono out of thin air but it makes sense in my head.
Does that Russian firm still own DBG? Wasn't the theory that they were using EQ to launder money? Lol

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I'd be real surprised if they could do that without some sort of controls in place since krono = money. Doesn't mean they couldn't find ways to game the system, just not as simple as creating it out nothing.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

DiamondKrono is a flipper. He buys for 8 and sells for 10 to 11 per. He does no farming in game.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also super weird and creepy in the interaction I had with him.

DK is the middleman for a lot of shady people in eq. He was the main reseller for the plat duper on mischief for example and has been known to sell for other well known fraudsters in eq.

Also after multiple conversations with him I am fairly convinced he's a junkie in real life.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ted enjoy GIF

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider

I've known many big krono sellers and none of them were connected to DBG. If some guy is sitting in EC tunnel flipping krono, hes a small fry :trump:

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
EQ harboring weird people? Color me surprised.

Honestly, I would be very surprised if Daybreak was a money laundering front. Or doing anything with finances that was shady. They have a parent company they report to, and if they were going to do it with anyone, it'd be when they were with Renova Group, not when they're with EG7. Those financials are tracked tightly. Fraud doesn't happen to that extreme except in the movies.

That is all stuff we'd /want/ to imagine that are happening that generally are not. I'd say that stuff is more likely to occur on emulators at this point than Daybreak.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
naw actually there's a shift in IC vs manager positions pay... "technical director" aka someone who doesn't do shit except fake a positive attitude while making sure others are doing the shit they defined in a spreadsheet.

yerm

I've known many big krono sellers and none of them were connected to DBG. If some guy is sitting in EC tunnel flipping krono, hes a small fry :trump:

I don't think devs or anyone can print krono. That shit goes through financial reporting. A dev can run a gangster style racket over known rmters and get cuts, or maintain accounts that bot or whatever, no problem. They can likely print some in game stuff but that's gotta be super obvious, like they can do it, but near guaranteed get caught if abused.

The guys flipping in ec or selling loot rights aren't likely connected. The guys who run giant bot armies on truebox and never get shitcanned? Hard not to imagine some dev connections...

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
DiamondKrono is a flipper. He buys for 8 and sells for 10 to 11 per. He does no farming in game.

I can see how that would work, but the profits would be so tiny that it seems like it's not even worth the effort, unless you're moving like 10-20 at a time a few times a day or something.

Tell me more!

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm not sure about the whole corrupt GM's are conjuring krono out of thin air to sell on 3rd party sites. But I wouldn't be shocked to learn that some of the major botting crews that seem to be protected are greasing the right palms to avoid bans.

looking season 3 GIF

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
We LITERALLY had a GM that quit tell us that mass botters were protected by higher ups. Ain't no tinfoil anymore.

I've always stuck to my theory that the big boys are selling back Kronos to DBG overlords at a much smaller rate (think $3 each) so it pushes normies and people to pay DBG the full price from the store.

yerm

Even if there's no actual corruption, no gangster shit, none of that... remember how they handled mq2. We won't come down and trade legal blows or the like. We hold the right to ban as needed. We will let a lot slide only with tacit acceptance. Here are boundaries like truebox servers to be respected. Ok, we're cool.

At best, the big boxers have a similar deal. Don't steal. No scamming. No touching account info for any reason. No bullshit like that. If you don't do server ruining shit like zone crash resets or ruin people's shit, we will let it go. It's totally in character for dbg to take this approach.

I do think there's actual financial skimming too, though.