EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
TBH plat dupes keep the servers going. you need huge amounts of plat on these servers to make armor by in the later raid tiers and its tough to actually have that much plat in your economy without some dupes.

Zerky

Trakanon Raider
krono dupe or anyone at daybreak making krono is extremely unlikely. Krono are basically giftcards in terms of accounting and those are audited and tracked closely. Duplicating them is a go to federal prison level crime not a haha you got fired from your GM job level crime.

The only possibility is confiscating krono from banned accounts and selling those but I doubt even that happens because your finance department is going to know that destroying krono in that way means you can drop it straight to the bottom line and be watching for it.
Gm's on coirnav gave 150,000 plat to people the first week of coirnav that petitioned they lost their spellbook due to a race change. Krono were selling for around 500pp at the time. There are massive amounts of people looking to sell krono for pp that early on a TLP. Even with the pp it took a few days to go up to 1k-1500pp per krono which is normal. That is how they would make krono versus creating the krono.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Anyone who quit because of the plat dupe either depended on the economy for Taco Bell money or didn't have enough friends or boxes to generate their own items.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
To be faaaaaaaaaaair, you said something about what a creep DiamondKrono is and then when I asked for more info you didn't make with said info.
Yeah, I actually was going to post some of the screenshots but when I checked EC Tunnel I realized I must have gotten rid of them because of the tiny inbox you get if you're not on the premium tier.

It'll be hard to recreate it and I'm going off memory here so it may not be all correct but it's the broad strokes. It's probably way less interesting that you hoped, heh.

It started off with him asking if I wanted to sell him krono for cheaper than my already cheap price (I don't have a ton of patience and had quit the game so was very done with EQ, so I was basically lowest in the market at that point). Then, only a little bit of time passes and he sends another message (I hadn't responded yet) acting as if I was someone else and telling me I'm going to get banned and better be careful. I tell him I have no idea what he's talking about and seems to accept that. Then he's trying to negotiate price and then he brings up f we don't do it all in bulk (I wanted to start in chunks) I'll have to pay some $5 foreign transaction fee because I'm not in the US. I am, in fact, in the US and never indicated otherwise but he repeated that a few times until he finally acknowledged it. I don't know, it seemed like he still thought I was someone he knew or something.

At that point, I was selling my krono at a good pace but the idea of emptying it all out in one transaction for a ~7% discount seemed fine, but he was adamant that I should send the krono first. I told him I never had to do that with anyone else and I wasn't about to start and he started sending me messages about how reliable he was and he couldn't trust me with my 30 rep, blah blah. I reminded him he contacted me first and he's like, you might just commit a "crime of opportunity." I WTF'd at that point and said I pass. He sent me a few more messages before he gave up. Keep in mind, during this whole conversation, he's sending 2-3 messages for every one of mine, so it felt like some snake oil salesman coming on hard.

I researched him and him and this other top seller had a ton of feedback in each other's rep, which seemed suspicious. Based on further digging, it totally seemed like they knew each other. Why would two top krono resellers buy from each other, it doesn't make much sense. I can only hope they weren't twins...

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I know this sounds morbid, but at what point do the people subscribing to EQ start dying out? Does it attract newer, younger players?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Could have been a twin... or, more likely a sweatshop foreigner that got kicked out because he was too mentally challenged to even scam grandma's.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Prices were skyrocketing, among other things...hard to remember exactly now why I left. It was probably because everything felt cheapened by it or something like that.

I do wish I'd spent all my Vaniki time/effort on Mischief instead though, chose the wrong one to go hard in the paint.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Why would two top krono resellers buy from each other, it doesn't make much sense. I can only hope they weren't twins...

1677581372827.png

"Krono price is oop."

"Doomp it."

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I know this sounds morbid, but at what point do the people subscribing to EQ start dying out? Does it attract newer, younger players?
It's already happening. The attrition from older people dying in EQ is probably several standard deviations above the mean compared to MMOs. It'll never attract large groups of new, younger players. And it doesn't really have to.

Last edited:

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone hearing any inside scoop on which way the winds blowing, in terms of server ruleset and/or announcement time frame? Seems like the general consensus is some type of Mischief clone announced early April?

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Probably never. I see people post all the time about starting the game for the first and are around level 50. But they cant find anyone to group with. Live is very unfriendly to new players as well. If you dont know what you are doing the game doesnt help guide you like WoW does, and then it drastically changes once you get to more current content. Im still confused about what to do at 120.

• 1Like

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>

Not ashamed to admit that I purchased lifetime subscriptions when they were available. Now I just turn the newer account perks on or off when I want to play.

Jasper

Someone on the official forums, seems to be claiming we will hear this week. No clue if that's credible. 🤷‍♂️

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
It's already happening. The attrition from older people dying in EQ is probably several standard deviations above the mean compared to MMOs. It'll never attract large groups of new, younger players. And it doesn't really have to.
No joke. In the past 6 months or so 3 of the degenerates that roll up every TLP with my guild/friend group passed away.

Jasper

No joke. In the past 6 months or so 3 of the degenerates that roll up every TLP with my guild/friend group passed away.

I'm 48. Of my childhood friend group of about 12 guys, 4 of them have passed away. Life is short.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Gm's on coirnav gave 150,000 plat to people the first week of coirnav that petitioned they lost their spellbook due to a race change. Krono were selling for around 500pp at the time. There are massive amounts of people looking to sell krono for pp that early on a TLP. Even with the pp it took a few days to go up to 1k-1500pp per krono which is normal. That is how they would make krono versus creating the krono.
That would just mean that people buy Krono directly from Daybreak eventually, if one person is buying up all the stock with 150,000 plat.

From conversations I had with Daybreak people, any Krono interaction is now handled through a special Krono transaction server as opposed to being currency in the game, so the item, while it appears on the UI, is actually separate and calls into their account services platform. It's why Krono cannot be dropped ingame. They have an override for the Krono Item ID that handles special logic all over.

That also allows them to monitor abuse like this thread is mentioning. It does not stop plat or ingame item dupes, but Daybreak ultimately profits from CSR mistakes - as people may opt to buy from Daybreak directly as opposed to shady, overcharging resellers to barter for items directly.

I'd probably just sweep it under the rug and 'let god sort it out' if a CSR making $15/hr ended up fucking up that badly, too. You'd just reprimand the person, tell them not to do it again, and then the price fixes itself eventually. Then, you'd track the person who got a ton of money from the CSR's fuckup, and then remove any Krono they got once they've amassed a few. It'd be a great, easy way to remove Krono from the economy and drive sales of Daybreak's direct Krono sales that way.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
There are always new people coming to EQ, some are older, but also plenty of 20 somethings starting out on TLPs. And of course the "played 20 years ago" people coming back to play.

It's a trickle not a flood and probably doesn't match the outflow but it's still a thing.