EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
I had the opportunity to chat with Qwalla recently. She’s the developer who was behind the majority of the Oakwynd ruleset (everything except Encounter Locking). Sharing it here since it’s a bit topical.

Nice get!

Been really enjoying your pods btw. As someone who didn't touch this game from like 2002-2018, didn't follow it, didn't know even know about p99 or TLPS until 2018 - it's really cool hearing these oral histories of EQ during that time. Should also be fun hearing stories about the servers I've been on.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I didn't know what to expect going in and have ended up enjoying each one. I'm really looking forward to selo shit talk and aradune embellishments.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
any of you fuckers get jboots yet? i assume they're heirloom right?

They're heirloom. You can move them between your characters. The click at level one only lasts like a minute or two which is kinda funny. It scales up quickly though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
They're heirloom. You can move them between your characters. The click at level one only lasts like a minute or two which is kinda funny. It scales up quickly though.

dope okay, i havent seen an AC pop yet but good to know lol

edit: speak of the devil got em like 10 mins later

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
dope okay, i havent seen an AC pop yet but good to know lol

edit: speak of the devil got em like 10 mins later
Sometimes stuff doesn't pop till you complain. I learned to conplain early and often

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Sometimes stuff doesn't pop till you complain. I learned to conplain early and often

This has happened to me many times. EQ camp going on too long, post complaining, there it is. Or other games, can't beat a boss? Complain to people in the heat of the moment about how much I hate this game now, win on the next try, then have to retract my previous opinion.

• 1Solidarity

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Oh yeah there's totally some kind of hidden complaint code, it's like a reverse of "The Secret" that runs on negative energy.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Was with you until this shit. Only pussies admit when they're wrong, real men take that shit to their graves

Real Talk

Many years ago sometime in the 90’s I heard the Def Leopard song Pour Some Sugar On Me on the radio and I thought the song said “ You got the bitches I got the weed!” and my buddy Vonpol Vonpol said “no way dude, that would be too bad ass.”

I still think it says that instead of “You got the peaches, I got the cream.”

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Real Talk

In the Def Leopard song Pour Some Sugar On Me sometime in the mid 90’s when I heard it stoned I thought the song said “ I got the bitches you got the weed!” and my buddy Vonpol Vonpol said “no way dude, that would be too bad ass.”

I still think it says that instead of “You got the peaches, I got the cream.”

I still to this day don't know the lyrics to "You could be mine". End credits music from T2. Heard it as a kid, had no idea what they were saying, intentionally never fixed that because kid me made his own version of it. "You could be my-eyennnn, but you're way, out of pie-ie! When your lips start smacking and the food gets cold!"

That's it, that's all the lyrics I made up

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
did they buff city guards at some point? i use to kill them on a wizard way back in the day, figured id fuck around in felwithe on my necro last night and they resisted like every spell i had lol

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
did they buff city guards at some point? i use to kill them on a wizard way back in the day, figured id fuck around in felwithe on my necro last night and they resisted like every spell i had lol

The guards at the gates or that otherwise guard newbie areas are all buffed and not something that makes even a lick of sense to interact with unless you want to die. General town guards tend to be fairly resistant but not absurdly so. If you're inside Felwithe they're all killable but trying snare and fear you'll need tash for either to be reliable. You can land fire dots and lifetaps which is enough to get the job done. If you're just broke and trying to grind cash the troll guards are all chumps. The faction hits are just the guards and that's all fixable with fire beetle eyes if for some reason it matters. On the other end killing them gives you faction with Lynuga which can be handy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
The guards at the gates or that otherwise guard newbie areas are all buffed and not something that makes even a lick of sense to interact with unless you want to die. General town guards tend to be fairly resistant but not absurdly so. If you're inside Felwithe they're all killable but trying snare and fear you'll need tash for either to be reliable. You can land fire dots and lifetaps which is enough to get the job done. If you're just broke and trying to grind cash the troll guards are all chumps. The faction hits are just the guards and that's all fixable with fire beetle eyes if for some reason it matters. On the other end killing them gives you faction with Lynuga which can be handy.
neat, okay that makes sense lol i was mainly just bored wanting to try some old camp shit people did back in the day or on p99. I just dont feel like doing the hole anymore lol

edit: dont care about faction im gonna race change to iksar on kunark launch anyway

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
the troll guards are all chumps
1688784097494.gif

Needless

Toe Sucker
Trying to think of other shit to farm, got bored and did: another pair of jboots, molten cloak, another guise today which has been fun. I'm thinking of trying for rubicite shit since ive never really done CT, i assume i can solo everything there at 47 as a nec?

edit: what resist gear is worth grabbing for a monk? gonna go back and lvl mine but i should probably buy him some MR, i hate pulling guk without it. just a bunch of jewellery pieces i assume?

Last edited: