EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Trying to think of other shit to farm, got bored and did: another pair of jboots, molten cloak, another guise today which has been fun. I'm thinking of trying for rubicite shit since ive never really done CT, i assume i can solo everything there at 47 as a nec?

edit: what resist gear is worth grabbing for a monk? gonna go back and lvl mine but i should probably buy him some MR, i hate pulling guk without it. just a bunch of jewellery pieces i assume?

Bind rush yourself a Trainix crown.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
It's funny you mention Troll Guards, between raids and groups, I usually farm those so hard I get the 1000 troll kill title.

When did they nerf town exp though? Ogre guards used to be camped 24/7, but now guards give you like 0.09% a kill or so compared to 2% in a dungeon. I tested Rivervale, Ogguk and Grobb.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's funny you mention Troll Guards, between raids and groups, I usually farm those so hard I get the 1000 troll kill title.

When did they nerf town exp though? Ogre guards used to be camped 24/7, but now guards give you like 0.09% a kill or so compared to 2% in a dungeon. I tested Rivervale, Ogguk and Grobb.
EXP from Guard NPCs got a major nerf a long time ago. Had to be like 10+ years now. I think HHK guards may give normal exp though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Somewhere post-Aradune they giga nerfed them. If you were just grinding cash the exp was bad but there was exp. Now they're a tiny fraction of a percent each. I don't remember any patch notes announcing it and it's hard to imagine a situation where it would have been necessary but who knows. Maybe Throneblade or Yelinak had some weird super secret tech where a group farmed dwarf guards and put enough money in to the economy day one that it set off flags.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Somewhere post-Aradune they giga nerfed them. If you were just grinding cash the exp was bad but there was exp. Now they're a tiny fraction of a percent each. I don't remember any patch notes announcing it and it's hard to imagine a situation where it would have been necessary but who knows. Maybe Throneblade or Yelinak had some weird super secret tech where a group farmed dwarf guards and put enough money in to the economy day one that it set off flags.

You'll make more plat farming rare items, but for absolute raw plat straight into the economy it's tough to beat fast respawning guards dropping 10-20p each lol.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

1689127859491.png

If anyone wasn't sure about the relationship between big boxers, paid PLs, mass pulling/AEing, etc. and Daybreak (even on a true-box TLP) than allow all of your doubts to be washed away. There was some speculation that /yell was going to be changed such that anything it was used on would no longer yield experience. Instead Daybreak passed out the biggest quality of life upgrade it could to the boxer crews selling services. This concludes any and all arguments on the subject.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You'll make more plat farming rare items, but for absolute raw plat straight into the economy it's tough to beat fast respawning guards dropping 10-20p each lol.

Would these troll guards be good plat farming for a level 50 shaman? Better than HGs?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Would these troll guards be good plat farming for a level 50 shaman? Better than HGs?

If there's a convenient spell you can consistently land on them they could be better but guards are generally more resistant than normal mobs. For Shaman it's probably better to do Hill Giants but maybe not. You'd have to check.

Needless

Toe Sucker

View attachment 482059

If anyone wasn't sure about the relationship between big boxers, paid PLs, mass pulling/AEing, etc. and Daybreak (even on a true-box TLP) than allow all of your doubts to be washed away. There was some speculation that /yell was going to be changed such that anything it was used on would no longer yield experience. Instead Daybreak passed out the biggest quality of life upgrade it could to the boxer crews selling services. This concludes any and all arguments on the subject.
that last one kind of sucks but was inevitable. I enjoyed having some geek with 5+ 50s pulling to give the entire group bonus exp lol

Pharone

Trakanon Raider

View attachment 482059

The funny thing is that all the regular players on the official forums will be baffled as to why they made it easier to deal with FTE when power leveling rather than making it harder on the power levelers.

It's so fucking obvious and people truly just refuse to see it.
  • Bots run 24 hours a day 365 days a year with out being shut down by GMs
  • Doing anything near one of these farming crews that in any way hampers them will usually get you a suspension and not them
  • Posting screen shots, videos, or simply mentioning the name of these characters on the forums gets you in trouble and the thread locked
  • And, the real kicker... you never see a GM around until you piss off just the right person in game, and then they are all over your ass accusing you of shit
  • MQ and programs like it are used rampidly on every server and have been for literally ever
  • There's not a single hardcore raid guild that doesn't have at least one person using eyes, and it's done on every server and always has been
Getting suspensions boils down to who you piss off and whether they have a pocket GM or not.

What is it going to take to get the normal average player to realize that the rules are there for the corrupt employees to keep the paying customers from interfering with their black market second income? I don't think they ever will.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The funny thing is that all the regular players on the official forums will be baffled as to why they made it easier to deal with FTE when power leveling rather than making it harder on the power levelers.

It's so fucking obvious and people truly just refuse to see it.
  • Bots run 24 hours a day 365 days a year with out being shut down by GMs
  • Doing anything near one of these farming crews that in any way hampers them will usually get you a suspension and not them
  • Posting screen shots, videos, or simply mentioning the name of these characters on the forums gets you in trouble and the thread locked
  • And, the real kicker... you never see a GM around until you piss off just the right person in game, and then they are all over your ass accusing you of shit
  • MQ and programs like it are used rampidly on every server and have been for literally ever
  • There's not a single hardcore raid guild that doesn't have at least one person using eyes, and it's done on every server and always has been
Getting suspensions boils down to who you piss off and whether they have a pocket GM or not.

What is it going to take to get the normal average player to realize that the rules are there for the corrupt employees to keep the paying customers from interfering with their black market second income? I don't think they ever will.
I got a week-long vacation from the EQ forums a few weeks ago for a much more subtle description of that process.

But I think the /yell change is good overall even if it is intended to help botters.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I got a week-long vacation from the EQ forums a few weeks ago for a much more subtle description of that process.

But I think the /yell change is good overall even if it is intended to help botters.
Oh I'm not against the change. I just find it ironic how the average player thinks DPG is against cheating.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only people who get banned for cheating are people who warp without care and openly talk about cheating. Otherwise DPG could care less. Banning all the botters would kill their income.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

The "hook" for classic on this server is an experience boost for leveling multiple characters, the ability to move gear around between them and DZ lockouts by character instead of by account. All of those perks are the same thing - you can do more classic content more times. Every level 50 you level now is a little obligation later to take it to 60 so you can get your bonus back. We're far enough in that these things need to hit the ground running and this just isn't it.

Encounter locking can be a little interesting in the "how do I preserve my lock/how do I break an opposing lock" sense but it almost never comes up.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mischief ruleset is clearly the best, they have refused to do another one, so we get misses constantly trying to reinvent the wheel.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Mischief ruleset is clearly the best, they have refused to do another one, so we get misses constantly trying to reinvent the wheel.

I bitched about it before but everything being heirloom encourages everyone to be greedy as possible and scoop up everything they can "just in case." It's annoying as fuck. Free trade is just better. Everything has a price, gear can freely change hands, turn what you don't need in to things you do, etc. With Oakwynd's system everyone is incentivized to be a hoarder and whatever they add to their pile is stuck with them forever. There's just a huge difference psychologically in seeing something that *might* rot in the loot window (and is thus free) and everything having intrinsic value through tradability. If it's free why not you? If you don't even use it so what. It was free. It's completely different than wanting to gear out a character and investing the resources necessary to do so.

The whole thing feels like a server that came before Mischief instead of after.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users