EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Did you even try to think?

How do I play a Mischief server in eras before the one it's in now, with everyone else at that same point? What if I only like certain eras or high population levels?

It's like you don't realize that every TLP is a reset for the people who want the same shit over again. That's why it exists.

Mischief was a huge success. It's been years and years since PvP was. The emulated servers also serve as evidence of a lessened interest in PvP. They are not the same thing at all.
I do.

Not seeing another argument for a duplicate Mischief here. Nothing preventing you and other like-minded jihadists from levelling characters to 60 on the existing server to raid Trakanon, go knock yourselves out!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I do.

Not seeing another argument for a duplicate Mischief here. Nothing preventing you and other like-minded jihadists from levelling characters to 60 on the existing server to raid Trakanon, go knock yourselves out!
There's nothing preventing anyone from replicating a TLP experience on any other server, then. They should simply never release another TLP server. Great argument, you should be the CFO at daybreak.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We are past the eras where I normally quit on TLPs but based on the kill trackers it seems like Mischief is vastly more popular than other servers in similar eras. Consider that as recently as last month they told us that the server was still too populated to remove afk kick. Also it’s been shown to be much more active than Yelinak which launched a year after it.

As far as I am aware when we talk about population retention it goes Mischief, then Mangler and then a big gap before landing on Phinny/Aradune.

Mischief has 22 raiding guilds that I am aware of, plus probably a few more under the radar. Thornblade has another 6. At least 3 guilds atm are splitting all content, and 2 of them are pulling in like 100+ sign ups per raid night with minimal boxing.

I think the “perfect” server for an absolute jackpot population boom would be:

FV Loot
Double Drops (or Mischief loot)
Launch with Kunark open
8 weeks per expansion
Merge LDoN with PoP
Merge DoN with Omens
Merge PoR with DoDH
Classic zones (Commons, Ro, Nek, Lava, Freeport, Highpass)
Redo ZEMs the week before launch.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
The rough visual provided of server activity by the staff, and the numbers submitted by a few of our resident nerds.
Suppose you have the financials to show that a TLP server is worth doing annually
Suppose you have the most favorable population model with Mischief 1.0

You have anything else?

You got anything that's creative, controversial, and challenging? While John Wick : Chapter 4 is doing really well ... Chapter 27 would probably be crap. Why push the dev focus on derivative work?

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
There's nothing preventing anyone from replicating a TLP experience on any other server, then. They should simply never release another TLP server. Great argument, you should be the CFO at daybreak.
Not a CFO and not a DPG employee ... don't give up so easily.

• 1Slow
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I do.

What if I told you that I did do this? I made a character, equipped him with velious era no drop loot that I purchased via free trade, got sets prepared for various expansions after, and then raided era appropriate content with it? And I did this with a bunch of other like minded jihadists? And that other jihadists did this just like I did at other times?

Your argument is stupid. Free trade loot was the norm, not the exception, for the kind of thing you are talking about. If you mean random loot, mischief is the only place for that, and, get this, people are still actively playing there.

yerm

Suppose you have the financials to show that a TLP server is worth doing annually

You have anything else?

You got anything that's creative, controversial, and challenging? While John Wick : Chapter 4 is doing really well ... Chapter 27 would probably be crap. Why push the dev focus on derivative work?

If I wanted new everquest I would go hit up the roi bros and try to weasel my way back in on xegony, doing live content. There are plenty of movie series, especially trilogies, where I like the second or third more than the first. Two towers, empire strikes back, last crusade, etc. All 3 of these trilogies went on to make garbage after, and I wish they had kept to the ideas that made shit work. This movie analogy is dogshit though I don't want to do it. Don't move the goalposts again. Mischief was a hit and is and was popular with tlpers, and tlps are chock full of people who like doing things over again.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
We are past the eras where I normally quit on TLPs but based on the kill trackers it seems like Mischief is vastly more popular than other servers in similar eras. Consider that as recently as last month they told us that the server was still too populated to remove afk kick. Also it’s been shown to be much more active than Yelinak which launched a year after it.

As far as I am aware when we talk about population retention it goes Mischief, then Mangler and then a big gap before landing on Phinny/Aradune.

Mischief has 22 raiding guilds that I am aware of, plus probably a few more under the radar. Thornblade has another 6. At least 3 guilds atm are splitting all content, and 2 of them are pulling in like 100+ sign ups per raid night with minimal boxing.

I think the “perfect” server for an absolute jackpot population boom would be:

FV Loot
Double Drops (or Mischief loot)
Launch with Kunark open
8 weeks per expansion
Merge LDoN with PoP
Merge DoN with Omens
Merge PoR with DoDH
Classic zones (Commons, Ro, Nek, Lava, Freeport, Highpass)
Redo ZEMs the week before launch.
That's a strong suggestion ... I cannot effectively play devil's advocate here since I never played FV. Not sure what DPG's objection to a duplicate FV is/was.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
What if I told you that I did do this? I made a character, equipped him with velious era no drop loot that I purchased via free trade, got sets prepared for various expansions after, and then raided era appropriate content with it? And I did this with a bunch of other like minded jihadists? And that other jihadists did this just like I did at other times?

Your argument is stupid. Free trade loot was the norm, not the exception, for the kind of thing you are talking about. If you mean random loot, mischief is the only place for that, and, get this, people are still actively playing there.
So ... in the end you are restating Mischief has the most favorable population model to date? Alright.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

You have anything else?

They have said approximately half their revenue comes from TLPs.

We're already on John wick 17 in TLP world. People want derivatives, sometimes with a little twist and sometimes not. Like, that is the very nature of it. Even most of their new expansions in the last decade are derivative works of earlier expansions. They haven't had genuinely new original content in a long ass time.

If players wanted a different game, they wouldn't still be playing EQ. I'm honestly baffled by your take here.

yerm

So ... in the end you are restating Mischief has the most favorable population model to date? Alright.

Retention wise, yes, I think so?

I still don't get your argument. Random loot has been done exactly once. Every single person playing on a tlp, every fucking one of them without exception, is fine with doing everquest shit that has already been seen before. Thats the whole point of this shit.

Personally I want basically everything EXCEPT the random. More or less what zaide said but hard on the double loot of it. I dislike random and like having target camps to pursue things I want, eg camping an aug. I hate having to just mass sit on rares and pray and then usually bazaar for stuff. Gimme camps.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I am deliberately challenging the status quo mindset about Mischief 2.0 here. As a player, I am not completely sold on the idea myself.

yerm

Phinny was popular with a new mechanic (raid instancing) and they did a copy/paste of it to create Coirnav.

I'd argue agnarr was too with a pop lock, mangler was another, aradune was with some false promises...

yerm

yerm yerm DickTrickle DickTrickle

What am I missing here? I don't think we should have a Mischief 2.0, how does that contradict what I have posted?

If you hired me to go make a "John Wick" movie, only make it exactly like the first John Wick movie, then I am going to tell you to go watch the original and stop wasting my time. Absor's Objection applies here just as well as it does when it comes to pvp. If you like EQ1 pvp, then go play on Zek. If you like the Mischief rules, then go play on Mischief.

You posted that people who like mischief should play on mischief. We replied that people DO play on mischief, it likely has the best tlp retention of them all, and even before it people were doing tlp shit on fv or fv->test for the free loot.

If your argument is that we shouldn't have mischief 2.0 for some reason you need to start over and begin with that reason, because the quote here as a reason is dumb.