EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
How much do Fungi's sell for early in Kunark, etc.? Probably easy to blow through that much Krono if you want BIS slot gear for multiple characters.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Big whales dont play on servers like that. Whales on vaniki are more like fish. Whales buy 1000+ krono on a tlp and none were on Vaniki.

Vaniki probably didn't have any of what would be traditionally regarded as a whale in a monetized video game but people really did buy tons of shit from the cash shop while also maintaining perks for an additional monthly fee.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
And I guess in general, Krono probably enter the economy faster than they get burned by people spending them for their subscriptions. Was maybe inevitable that it would get to the point where they'd lose value and DPG would start seeing a drop in profits.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I think mischief loot with another hook could be the biggest TLP they ever had.

If they could launch on velious for 12 weeks with mischief loot rules I think every TLP player ever would join. I get it cuts a few months of cash so we need a hook to stay long term. I dunno.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And I guess in general, Krono probably enter the economy faster than they get burned by people spending them for their subscriptions. Was maybe inevitable that it would get to the point where they'd lose value and DPG would start seeing a drop in profits.
No krono do not lose value. They are the main currency used in TLPs now. Plat doesnt have a ton of value. Especially on fresh servers.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Maybe velious with 16 weeks? Cut clasic by a third but mad loots? Or shit find a way to do private tlp ZEM and soot up limited dungeone

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I wish as a matter of course they changed around ZEMs (zone experience modifiers) with each new TLP release.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
No krono do not lose value. They are the main currency used in TLPs now. Plat doesnt have a ton of value. Especially on fresh servers.
If a resource is entering an economy faster than it gets used up, it loses value. I'm talking about Darkpaw Games real world profits as being the thing that's been hit by that loss of value, not the platinum economy.

Also the fact that Krono are transferable to other servers has a big impact, I'm sure.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah dude I play with random guys who play live, knock our content on a Monday and are able to use that to buy and move krono 3-5 a week into the TLPs. I haven’t played live since omens of war so no clue how but they come flying in

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The biggest miss by DPG ever was not letting krono automatically recur, so many people would have burned them so much faster if they did that. I guess maybe they figure some people leave credit cards and active subs but I feel like most dont.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
while selo was fun for 6 months it averaged 350 people a day online after that while mangler averaged 2k.
Do you have any idea of the spend curve on the server? I'm sure early days TLP are when spending peaks, but is there a significant different between the 'special' servers and the vanilla TLPs?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
2nd server is gonna apparently be a selos clone with possible mischief loot rules. They still haven't decided the last part."

excited andy samberg GIF

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What would a person do with 1000 plus Krono?
Buy BiS every expansion but never raid, I guess. Gear out a box crew in raid gear. There were people spending 20 to 25 krono for SoulFire on Mischief, as an example. Absolutely bizarre.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Selo clone seems like a bad idea if the timeline is the same. Sure, all the extra loot will help but in terms of keying and XP, it's still going to cause a lot of burnout, imo.

Now, if it was Selo + Mischief and no keying, that might make for a fun ride through the history of EverQuest.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do you have any idea of the spend curve on the server? I'm sure early days TLP are when spending peaks, but is there a significant different between the 'special' servers and the vanilla TLPs?

Most large krono spending on items happens much later not earlier.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Buy BiS every expansion but never raid, I guess. Gear out a box crew in raid gear. There were people spending 20 to 25 krono for SoulFire on Mischief, as an example. Absolutely bizarre.
Two years of subscription time for a damn SoulFire? 😅😅😅😅😅

They probably tried to avoid using the clicky CH even 😅😅😅😅😅

Fucking newbs 😅

DickTrickle

Two years of subscription time for a damn SoulFire? 😅😅😅😅😅

They probably tried to avoid using the clicky CH even 😅😅😅😅😅

Fucking newbs 😅
Think the first Rallos Zek warrior sword went for 50+. Oh, and the guy who bought the first Sceptre of Destruction paid 177 krono shortly before it was announced that ST 1.0 drops would be added to the random loot table, haha. Though, to be fair, those require more than the one group Soulfire required, hah.

Mind you, there's a decent chance those people didn't buy them directly. I was relatively small fry but I still had 800 some krono at one point (plat + krono, anyway) and I didn't spend real money for it. Maybe whales carry this game but I think there's a pretty large section of people that would never, ever buy from a third party site but do still want occasional kronos.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This is definitely it. People who want raid loot but don’t raid or people who want to buy their bis gear day one. It’s not crazy for the top tier item for classes like Monk and Warrior to move for 100 kr the first day of a new expansion. DBoWs stayed over 50 kr for a while it felt like and PoP was absolutely dumping loot on everyone.

I remember getting the Fiery Avenger in classic on Mischief and some random dude just offering my 45kr on the spot for it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users