EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
177 fucking Krono I'm laughing so hard as I type this 😅😅😅😅

15 fucking years of subscription time 😅😅😅😅

But hey re: your last part, you didn't buy the Krono yourself, but someone did, y'know?

800 Krono is 67 years of game time. I bet there's enough Krono in the game that (in some bizarre world where economic redistribution would happen in EQ) if they were evenly spread among every player, everyone could probably play free for the next couple years. Daybreak definitely fucked up their long term health for short term gains when it comes to Krono.

How many people are showing up for their first TLP in 2023 y'know? Probably at least half the player base buys Krono with plat to fund their game time at this point. Or they're just sitting on a pile of Krono and don't even need to spend plat on any anymore.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
177 fucking Krono I'm laughing so hard as I type this 😅😅😅😅

15 fucking years of subscription time 😅😅😅😅

But hey re: your last part, you didn't buy the Krono yourself, but someone did, y'know?

800 Krono is 67 years of game time. I bet there's enough Krono in the game that (in some bizarre world where economic redistribution would happen in EQ) if they were evenly spread among every player, everyone could probably play free for the next couple years. Daybreak definitely fucked up their long term health for short term gains when it comes to Krono.

How many people are showing up for their first TLP in 2023 y'know? Probably at least half the player base buys Krono with plat to fund their game time at this point. Or they're just sitting on a pile of Krono and don't even need to spend plat on any anymore.
I bet you would be surprised by how few players use krono for game time. I would be 90-95% are credit card subs still

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I bet you would be surprised by how few players use krono for game time. I would be 90-95% are credit card subs still
In an economy THAT flush with Krono? Really? I imagine the only players not using Krono are newbs that never make it past level 30-35.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
In an economy THAT flush with Krono? Really? I imagine the only players not using Krono are newbs that never make it past level 30-35.
There are a lot of people who simply don't make plat. If you play this game casually (and that includes plenty of raiders), you're probably not making that much plat, especially on a live server. On a live server, krono is like 3-4 million plat (or more now). You can't even put it up in the bazaar because it has (or had) a 2 million plat limit.

If you want to make krono as a live player, you roll on a TLP and pump the whales for a while. Much easier.

I mean, it's probably not unlike real life... the top 1% control 50% of the wealth, the top 10% control 70%, and the rest are treading water or going into debt (at least in terms of kronos used vs subs/krono bought), heh.

Edit: Also, if you pay for a yearly sub, the price isn't that far off from a third party krono on a monthly scale. I'm sure for a lot of people who have been playing a long time, it's better to do that than save $5-10 in a year's time and have that risk.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
When I had a 14/14 job I was able to farm krono and get up to like 20ish , but family + a big boy job and I am dual wielding credit cards for monthly subs, my friend.

I can take off / go crazy for a weekend or 2 and stay ahead on the initial leveling curve and raid 2 out of 3 nights, but that’s fucking it, budday. I’m ok with it!

plus all of my old spots are always mage bot camped when I check em

• 1Solidarity

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had a guildmate force me to accept $150 for a cleric epic, demanded I not refuse. He would probably spend about a dozen krono a week on random shit for his 6box, another dude similar behavior for his. They were both wealthy and had a budget for games and spent it how they wanted, and I never felt like it was degen behavior.

I have had many guildmates who would fuck people over, waste dkp on tradeables, cause drama, etc, to sell their krono. I strongly doubt any of them were pulling an average 60k usd/yr or even close to it, and I'd put kronolords at like 50/50 shot its a degen. I assume the degens were the ones who survived on it, the ok kronolords weren't.

I've actually hit the point where I just don't like playing eq with people who don't have (or had and retired or married someone with) a good job. Poor people are the worst. Whales are fine folks.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I had a guildmate force me to accept $150 for a cleric epic, demanded I not refuse. He would probably spend about a dozen krono a week on random shit for his 6box, another dude similar behavior for his. They were both wealthy and had a budget for games and spent it how they wanted, and I never felt like it was degen behavior.

I have had many guildmates who would fuck people over, waste dkp on tradeables, cause drama, etc, to sell their krono. I strongly doubt any of them were pulling an average 60k usd/yr or even close to it, and I'd put kronolords at like 50/50 shot its a degen. I assume the degens were the ones who survived on it, the ok kronolords weren't.

I've actually hit the point where I just don't like playing eq with people who don't have (or had and retired or married someone with) a good job. Poor people are the worst. Whales are fine folks.
Yeah, I dropped like 12KR for my bard's epic on Mischief for my 3 box just because I didn't want to fuck with it. I used to look down on whaling, but now idgaf. I'll pay to avoid annoyance every fucking time.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It sounds fucked, but whaling is amazing. I can spend two hours at work and make up the $100 necessary to buy my 8-10 kronos off of the ol' ectunnel. Plus, I save tons of time, which is just honestly way more valuable as an adult.

Excited about another TLP; I passed on Mischief (rip), and would absolutely love if they did that idea again.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've got so much free time. If anyone wants to pay me to sit on their characters and camp spawns for the upcoming TLP I am totally game. I'll even Twitch stream the whole thing so you can see I'm not fucking with your toons.

Honestly at this point in my life, that sounds more fun than actually playing my own character. No joke. Spawn camping is straight up zen for me these days, but the rest of the grind is so meh.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why would anyone pay you to use their toons to camp something when we can spend a krono and buy the item lol

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I've got so much free time. If anyone wants to pay me to sit on their characters and camp spawns for the upcoming TLP I am totally game. I'll even Twitch stream the whole thing so you can see I'm not fucking with your toons.

Honestly at this point in my life, that sounds more fun than actually playing my own character. No joke. Spawn camping is straight up zen for me these days, but the rest of the grind is so meh.
Just make a necro or two and aggressively contest named camps and make the krono that way. Even easier and happens all the time already!

Well, unless it's random loot, then almost every group drop won't be worth much for long.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just make a necro or two and aggressively contest named camps and make the krono that way. Even easier and happens all the time already!

Well, unless it's random loot, then almost every group drop won't be worth much for long.
Like I said. The grind kills me. And I have no interest in actually playing. Just looking for a work-at-home income source from people I can trust. Looking at the amount of money you guys say people are dropping, it would clearly beat a minimum wage job since it would be "under the table"

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like I said. The grind kills me. And I have no interest in actually playing. Just looking for a work-at-home income source from people I can trust. Looking at the amount of money you guys say people are dropping, it would clearly beat a minimum wage job since it would be "under the table"

A few months ago Chewy was hiring work from home people to man the phones and was paying $60,000 per year (we lost some employees this way). Seems like a better way to make money.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
A few months ago Chewy was hiring work from home people to man the phones and was paying $60,000 per year (we lost some employees this way). Seems like a better way to make money.
I haven't been around in awhile. Good to know I'll look him up. Thanks.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it's really hard to show an employer that I haven't worked since 2015 and have them believe that it's because I went through stage 4 cancer from 2016-2020 and years of recovery after. Even Chewy probably wouldn't hire me.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
DPG is leaving so much $$$ on the table by not letting whales be whales on live server. If they made all raid loot tradeable (while decreasing the drop rate...) and added open-world gates to chase items that were tradeable they could get that TLP bucks on live.