EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

thecontagious

Golden Knight of the Realm
Think I see everyone thinking the legacy characters is a dumb idea as well because there are only a few people who are actually leveling alts on the same account.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That encounter locking is the best thing ever for kronolords selling loot rights since they don't even have to find a buyer within 30 minutes anymore. Good luck getting your epic without buying it when they can just kite/tank Quillmane/Bergugle/etc until they find a buyer.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The basic consensus seems to be

Legacy chars - Neutral
Server wide bonuses - Positive
Encounter locking - Mixed leaning negative
This post makes me doubt Elderan's pop numbers more than any other on the forum.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Woke up this morning to realize the Dev's moved my TLP forum post to the Veteran's Lounge, locked it, and agreed with me.
View attachment 467654
you fucking nerd posting as a junior moderator.

All they want to do is hide all the feedback into an invisible thread and then lock/hide it for "trolling", hand out a few bans and then ban anyone who brings up what they're doing for the next week. They'll do that for a week until they move on to whatever they spend their time doing, which definitely doesn't include engaging with the players to come up with decent TLP ideas.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if there is anyway to get mq working on tlp, this server is so trash it makes me want to give it a try (dm me if you have info plz)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Legacy chars - Neutral
I'd say the consensus is all three are hostile. Legacy chars and server-wide bonuses are positive impacts but are misguided. The only people bringing them up say it's a non-factor and probably not worht the time to code. It's all a symptom of the same problem: the developers are totally out of touch with TLP players and aren't willing to communicate with the playerbase to correct their behavior.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd say the consensus is all three are hostile. Legacy chars and server-wide bonuses are positive impacts but are misguided. The only people bringing them up say it's a non-factor and probably not worht the time to code. It's all a symptom of the same problem: the developers are totally out of touch with TLP players and aren't willing to communicate with the playerbase to correct their behavior.
I honestly cant even see why live players would like any of this either. No one on live does alts either, they all just box. This just seems to scream that they want to make this more and more like WoW.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
They want it like 2016 WoW, since even WoW gave up on mob tagging and uses shared credit now. If you tag the mob at all you get credit/loot. Let them add that feature if they want to prevent DPS racing.

Another feature they could steal would be the ability to link accounts so that the XP bonus worked across linked accounts, that way more than 4 people will benefit from the 10% xp bonus.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
A bard could control an entire zone if it's big enough to kite in. A lot of exploits have already been mentioned in this thread, and many more will surely be thought of.

Kill stealing and DPS racing are things that many players on these servers have complained about for a long time now. I think they truly believe they are solving this problem, and don't realize just how abusable this will be. This will likely be the most toxic TLP server we have ever seen.

I was thinking about how as a Bard I could control the entire zone of Maiden's Eye and I'll admit, my nipples got just a little hard thinking of all the salt that would generate. I'm not about griefing other players under most normal circumstance, but things like this will inevitably happen regardless and the amount of shrieking that will result will be something to behold.

It'll be Fansy 2.0 every day in one zone or another with one player or another.

Legacy chars - Neutral

Even if they get rid of the encounter locking idea, the server will still be pretty bad. Basically just an easy-mode reverse-Vaniki with an unlock schedule that's too long.

Soygen Soygen request you change the thread name to "Jokewynd" instead of "Oakwynd".

Seconded vote for "Jokewynd" thread title.

Let's get the message across.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Soygen Soygen request you change the thread name to "Jokewynd" instead of "Oakwynd".
I'm sorry, but I don't play Everquest, so I don't know if this joke is good enough to warrant the change.

Request denied.

• 1Worf

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They want it like 2016 WoW, since even WoW gave up on mob tagging and uses shared credit now. If you tag the mob at all you get credit/loot. Let them add that feature if they want to prevent DPS racing.

Another feature they could steal would be the ability to link accounts so that the XP bonus worked across linked accounts, that way more than 4 people will benefit from the 10% xp bonus.
Hell yeah,

Incorporate that with raid mobs. As long as you tag it, you get a loot table.

1680792962324.png

You get Loot, You get Loot....everyone gets loot.

I would play on that server.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hell yeah,

Incorporate that with raid mobs. As long as you tag it, you get a loot table.

View attachment 467664

You get Loot, You get Loot....everyone gets loot.

I would play on that server.

Raids in a traditional sense would be a thing of the past because every fight would just be a mindless zerg-tag with everyone ungrouped to maximize loot. Every time a target is called by any guild, people from all over the land would be running over to take a potshot at the mob. Loot prices would be extremely low. Any fight that requires strategy and coordination would have to still be raided normally by somebody, with stragglers outside the raid blastin' for loot. People would be dropping raid with mobs at 5% just to get their own loot pool. Rivers and seas would be boiling! Mass hysteria!

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Raids in a traditional sense would be a thing of the past because every fight would just be a mindless zerg-tag with everyone ungrouped to maximize loot. Every time a target is called by any guild, people from all over the land would be running over to take a potshot at the mob. Loot prices would be extremely low. Any fight that requires strategy and coordination would have to still be raided normally by somebody, with stragglers outside the raid blastin' for loot. People would be dropping raid with mobs at 5% just to get their own loot pool. Rivers and seas would be boiling! Mass hysteria!
It's kinda fun but mindless for GW2 raids. Everyone zergs the fuck outta mobs and gets their meager loot + a lotto for good loot. Sometimes you need to run an unpopular event and have to rally forces or the event is challenging and you need to coordinate which can be fun. It's very not-EQ.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Had a bit of a dilemma with May coming up: wanting to play some sort of a Mischief clone, but also being way too busy in the real world.

This is such a cut & dry "no" from me. Sad I missed Mischief, originally. RIP

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mixed leaning negative? its literally everyone burning them down for FTE. Theres maybe 1% who is for it.

Not just going by forums post. People almost never post positive messages. I am going by post and people I have talked with. Personally I am neutral on the idea myself. I do see alot of potential problems but I dont think it will be as big of a deal as people think. It will mess with AE Plers though, which IMO is a good thing.

• 1Like