EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I want to race 1-50 x8 on Oak. Get the full 80% full character select screen exp bonus.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
I want to race 1-50 x8 on Oak. Get the full 80% full character select screen exp bonus.
Stream the moment you get the last one to 50, log out to show the xp bonus, then delete every toon.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
do it jewish GIF

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If their system wasn't literally retarded and you lose the bonus every level increase that might be fun to do. If I have 7 level 50s I want a 70% bonus up to 50 on my 8th even if the game is in kunark or beyond. Nope. Fucked. Unless you are gonna maintain the alts by I assume chain raiding on them which will make selo raid schedules look casual... no point. If I knew the bonus would be there for me even if I took a break, I'd feel much better about the alt grind. Oh you're back for relaxed truebox and berserkers? Sorry, your 60s dont do shit at any level now. Oh, you leveled them to 65? Oow is out, bonus is gone even 64 and below, get fucked.

Unless it changed or I'm mistaken, fuck that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If their system wasn't literally retarded and you lose the bonus every level increase that might be fun to do. If I have 7 level 50s I want a 70% bonus up to 50 on my 8th even if the game is in kunark or beyond. Nope. Fucked. Unless you are gonna maintain the alts by I assume chain raiding on them which will make selo raid schedules look casual... no point. If I knew the bonus would be there for me even if I took a break, I'd feel much better about the alt grind. Oh you're back for relaxed truebox and berserkers? Sorry, your 60s dont do shit at any level now. Oh, you leveled them to 65? Oow is out, bonus is gone even 64 and below, get fucked.

Unless it changed or I'm mistaken, fuck that.
Even if they made it persist on level cap increase it's still a uninspiring bonus. If you're the guy leveling up a bunch of alts, level speed is probably not a big concern for you anyway. And if you're trying to be efficient there are just too many advantages when having them split onto different accounts. The heirloom gear benefit kinda overshadows it and it feels like the leveling bonus is a way to make the hardship of maintaining multiple active raiding toons modestly easier.

I'd be much more interested in system where class-specific AAs unlocked on the account when you got to max level, and they scaled with the expansion and current character. Ex: Getting a level 60 Shadowknight in Kunark got every character on the account a 60s cooldown lifetap AA that scaled with their current level up to level 60. Getting a level 70 enchanter got you a stun AA scales up to level 70 etc.

Would be pretty obnoxious if they did something to make the actual content harder and balanced around that, but with how easy TLP and EQ in general is, it'd just be a nice bonus.

• 1Like

yerm

Having game changing abilities makes doing whatever unlocks it mandatory. I hated that the 7 year bonus was so good that people without it felt gimp in many raids. Having everyone need to maintain a pile of alts or be gimped wouldn't be fun.

I also don't think most people are actually going to maintain a ton of alts. I think 2, maybe 3 on most accounts at most. But the appeal would be that if I have a 65 ranger and make a berserker in god, I can now move all the nodrop gear. But what if sof opens and I have a 65 rng and a 75 ber and wanna try a caster now? No bonus? Dogshit. I should be able to roll up a mage and get 20% to 65 and 10% to 75. I don't care if that's not much, it's something. The opposite, oh shit sof opened and my mage is only 58 and just lost its bonus, is a stupid kick to the dick.

I may be underestimating though. If you wanna be a real gamer you could make 8 of the same class and just move the raid gear each day as you accumulate. Imagine plane of time every day and twice on sunday.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Do it. Each one will be faster. 8 different classes for variety, or just Mage/Monk on loop to get it done faster?

All the bonuses poofing when a new expansion comes out is so dumb and renders the whole thing pointless outside of a personal challenge like this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Most of the hard work is in the first 60 levels and you get like 6 months to get a few alts up there which even many casuals manage.

After that it's just 5 levels every few months which is easy. Especially if you box because you can just rotate an alt into your group to catch it up, then swap for another. Each one levels faster than the previous. Are people going to do 8 or 9 alts to max out their xp bonus? probably not many, but doing 2-4 won't be as difficult as people are making it out to be.

What would be nice but they probably won't do is some kind of shared AA on an account. Even if only the General and Archetype stuff. eg If you get CA/CS/ND3 on one char any other char at the appropriate level gets those AA granted.

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Do it. Each one will be faster. 8 different classes for variety, or just Mage/Monk on loop to get it done faster?

All the bonuses poofing when a new expansion comes out is so dumb and renders the whole thing pointless outside of a personal challenge like this.

Would it though? Granted the bonuses and passing gear to the next toons would help a lot, but you would not be ahead of the pack anymore, in terms of dealing with other players in camps. Be interesting to see. I'd love to watch it.

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Although, if you did it at launch, your next few toons would get the Memorial Day xp bonus too, so yeah, probably be a lot faster.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They need to just make account tiers that can log in multiple characters per account. Pay twice the amount to be able to log in 2 active chars and so on. Would make the account exp bonus a lot more useful

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
They need to just make account tiers that can log in multiple characters per account. Pay twice the amount to be able to log in 2 active chars and so on. Would make the account exp bonus a lot more useful

If they wanted people to play more chars then they should have made some sort of char linking mechanic across accounts. This way they could acutally use the bonuses and DB would benifit from more people actually paying for more accounts.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They make any changes since the initial announcement?

We got the mini FAQ that announced that agent of change lockouts would be by character instead of account and that you could transfer no-drop items between your characters but that's it. The FTE mechanic is supposed to go live on Test pretty soon. A week or so after that is still enough time to add a little polish to the incentives and I think we'll get a little more but this cake is baked. We're getting one server with a core mechanic that no one is all that excited about.

As far as encouraging alts and all that jazz maybe a few years ago these mechanics would have been better received but free trade plus relaxed true boxing does a better job of it. A stacking 10% exp bonus that evaporates each time the level cap increases plus account bound gear feels like a step backwards.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A boxed alt is so much of a force multiplier that no xp bonus is ever going to be worth giving up boxing for it. The game is about more than levelling, there's drops to farm and quests to do and a box makes all of that easier (or even doable). Druid ports and tracking alone are worth the price of admission for the first few expansions.

yerm

A boxed alt is so much of a force multiplier that no xp bonus is ever going to be worth giving up boxing for it. The game is about more than levelling, there's drops to farm and quests to do and a box makes all of that easier (or even doable). Druid ports and tracking alone are worth the price of admission for the first few expansions.

Boxed alts cannot transfer nodrop loot to the main. That is what is going to make same account appealing now. I can raid on a high need class like cleric and bid on loot for my ranger or whatever shitass main I have to then put it on.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boxed alts cannot transfer nodrop loot to the main. That is what is going to make same account appealing now. I can raid on a high need class like cleric and bid on loot for my ranger or whatever shitass main I have to then put it on.

I've though about that no drop transfer situation some more and I'm not sure it'll actually be helping more than it will hurt. With the no drop transfer thing you can optimize your raid force to consist of nothing but warriors, clerics and monks and one of each needed buff class. You'll have a bunch of ranger loot for a ranger that you never get to use on raids. Unless of course, you want to run the same raid multiple times per week with alts.

yerm

I've though about that no drop transfer situation some more and I'm not sure it'll actually be helping more than it will hurt. With the no drop transfer thing you can optimize your raid force to consist of nothing but warriors, clerics and monks and one of each needed buff class. You'll have a bunch of ranger loot for a ranger that you never get to use on raids. Unless of course, you want to run the same raid multiple times per week with alts.

That's exactly what I expect could happen, until time or anguish kills everyone. You can run potime every day if you have 7 rangers on the same account, always get ranger loot, and always funnel it to the ranger you are playing that day. I don't think the passion is there to do this, but the potential is.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lawl, ain't nobody on that server as it is hardcore enough to do any of this stuff. It'd take an AoS vs OGC type "go for the throat" battle with the same kind of people to make that kind of effort.

Oakwynd will have a hot launch from people trying it and within a week it'll be a substandard population TLP, sustained by the people who want to run classic again every year (which is admittedly a lot) before petering out in six months or less and being declared a failure like Vaniki was.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
That’s going to be annoying when some tranny hooker has infiltrated guild leadership and tries to get their 2nd ranger gear over your shitty main ranger - a play that used to get you free default loot