EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

thecontagious

Golden Knight of the Realm
He's a cuck and lead an awful guild. I was part of it for a short time and ended up leaving because it was an absolute mess. He ended up changing how DKP was done on the first raid because he realized he made a wrong decision that would not work well for Everquest. I would steer clear and be happy that you don't involve yourself in a gigantic pile of shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am starting to think they wont ever do another Mischief 2.0 because of all the exploits it brought. Its been the most exploited server in a long long time and its still coming up with new ones weekly.
You say that - but hell, Im looking at it as one of the greatest ways to fish for security flaws and hacks. Some stuff is Mischief specific, sure. But how many of them have always been there is what Im looking at.

LG 43UN700-B
Its cool that it has that feature, as its perfect for something like EQ. But thats a lot of bucks for a 60mhz monitor. Who cares as long as you're happy I guess.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I am starting to think they wont ever do another Mischief 2.0 because of all the exploits it brought. Its been the most exploited server in a long long time and its still coming up with new ones weekly.

So? What matters is if it's profitable or not

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have any Goss/Intel on some chode named Kindran, was involved in a guild named Legacy in Progress on Yelinak that folded in short time. Now he is going full Atabishi and claiming that he will lead the "premiere" guild on Oakwynd.

They're not good, but on this server competition isn't exactly gonna exist. I give OGRE like 3 days

The optimal play is to skip until the 25th anniversary next year. You'll want to be fresh as a daisy for Mischief 2 Electric Boogaloo.

That sounds good to me! I hope you're right.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm so bored of every other game atm i'll cave and play this shit anyway, it sounds like watching the grief-fest alone will be worth a month sub

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Get $ involved way more then it already was and that's what happens.

I can see them doing another mischief, when the current one is on its last legs. That free trade lid is open and players are going to demand said feature in every TLP after it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Get $ involved way more then it already was and that's what happens.

I can see them doing another mischief, when the current one is on its last legs. That free trade lid is open and players are going to demand said feature in every TLP after it.

I tend to agree, but they don't seem to care much about what players want though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tend to agree, but they don't seem to care much about what players want though.

I am not sure Mischief brought so much more it was worth it for them though. I mean yes it brought more players but not a massive amount more than just a normal TLP. I estimate is had about 15% more players on average than just plain old Yelinak.

Jasper

Yeah, but it was also Mischief and Thornblade, combined. Both still successful. Yelinak is fading pretty fast at this point. Yelinak might be helped by the lack of interest in Oakwynd though.

Jasper

I don't even think they have to mirror Mischief. There are a ton of things they could do that would be very popular. Maybe just free trade, or just random loot, etc. Hot zones at launch. Decreased respawn timers. So many things, that would be very popular in my opinion, but instead they seem to want to give us things that are largely unpopular.

Hey, I get they have to balance a lot of things. Some of which, I am probably not even aware of. Maybe I'm in the minority, but they seem pretty tone deaf to me.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't even think they have to mirror Mischief. There are a ton of things they could do that would be very popular. Maybe just free trade, or just random loot, etc. Hot zones at launch. Decreased respawn timers. So many things, that would be very popular in my opinion, but instead they seem to want to give us things that are largely unpopular.

Hey, I get they have to balance a lot of things. Some of which, I am probably not even aware of. Maybe I'm in the minority, but they seem pretty tone deaf to me.

Its clear that free trade causes an issue with every other non free trade server. The further we get away from Mischief the less the addiction of the free trade will hold. Allowing another free trade servers will just renew that addiction.

IMO they should never ever do another free trade server even though I loved Mischief.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I still think the absolute toxicity of having agnostic items would be fun at least for a season. There was a ton of weapons and items that were Ranger only that were arguably wayyyy the fk better than anything a Warrior could equip. Talk about shit stomping raid targets - oof. Free Trade I wouldnt care all that much about, but they'd absolutely have to have 4X drops or something. There would be so much fkn overlap and so many rage quits. DKP bids to the moon! Just kicking platinum out the door and offering Krono etc. Hell - make all items No Drop if you're really trying to add some flavor. Gotta be there to equip it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Having gear be server/account bound isn't a terrible compromise and it's not like Oakwynd doesn't have some bonus loot but it's just all a step backwards. After half unlock timer Selo I don't consider raid lockouts attached to characters instead of the account to be all that much of a bonus.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Binding accounts makes sense on this server for the legacy bonus, but also in the sense that hitting people and giving them a 'vacation' takes out their entire box group. :oops:

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
He's a cuck and lead an awful guild. I was part of it for a short time and ended up leaving because it was an absolute mess. He ended up changing how DKP was done on the first raid because he realized he made a wrong decision that would not work well for Everquest. I would steer clear and be happy that you don't involve yourself in a gigantic pile of shit.

Yeah kinda what I was worried about, he's been asked a couple of times in his own recruitment thread about who he was and what makes his guild the "premiere" when it hasn't even launched, canned responses that amounted to "because".

Just looking for a guild that will get shit done with minimum drama, doesn't have to be the best, just not be run by retards.

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
Anyone have any Goss/Intel on some chode named Kindran, was involved in a guild named Legacy in Progress on Yelinak that folded in short time. Now he is going full Atabishi and claiming that he will lead the "premiere" guild on Oakwynd.

If he's going full Atabishi like you say, then Legacy will undoubtedly be an incredibly successful TLP guild.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I'm so bored of every other game atm i'll cave and play this shit anyway, it sounds like watching the grief-fest alone will be worth a month sub

The forum salt is pretty glorious, IMO people are over thinking and overblowing the impact of the FTE thing but nothing I can do to change their minds.

stages-of-grief-640x640.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
But... but... what about the rainbow bunnies they devote resources to make every year? Surely that means they care what the players want. Right?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like