EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Subtle rape joke is like 3/10 cringy on an eq tlp. Also still a better name than original gangster club or amtrak. I've learned not to judge by the quality of the name.

Also, if you join a random tlp guild and expect the guild bank to go anywhere EXCEPT into the leaders wallet sometime between kunark and gates and maybe again before tss, you're a real optimist. Getting a parcel on selo was quite unexpected. At this point it's like the US government to me. I just assume.

I will be honest, I am the same way. And really if I was in charge and had to corral the idiots I see on TLPs, I would expect it as my payment. More so if I had to raid lead too, otherwise split with the raid leader.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
A month of classic gives you time to farm up epic items and figure out who on your roster is completely hopeless. Starting at Kunark would be pretty crazy as everyone tries to get organized basically on the fly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A month of classic gives you time to farm up epic items and figure out who on your roster is completely hopeless. Starting at Kunark would be pretty crazy as everyone tries to get organized basically on the fly.

Oh no, having to do hard fights like gore without knowing who sucks yet, oh no oh no

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Oh no, having to do hard fights like gore without knowing who sucks yet, oh no oh no

You've still got to do Hate, Fear, Sky and Phinny for epic pieces while trying to figure out VP keys and gear people up. You're going to have to relay on people you already know from prior TLPs and some pretty quick impressions of everyone else on the roster. Some of those people are going to be potatoes. I'm not really against a Kunark start but those first couple of weeks are going to be a total clown fiesta. That could make for a really interesting time but it could also be a major fuckaree.

My personal hangup is going to be the loot rules. I got really fucking used to Vaniki's double loot and am not sure I could go back. It's not just the raid drops either. It's the being able to accumulate tradeskill items and complete two quests for the time investment of one. Every shitty grind is just so much fucking faster.

yerm

I just don't see why you need to beat your dick against posky to work out your roster. You could start in velious and figure it out doing aow and vulak just as well. Selo started in luclin and people figured it out. There should simply not be a purgatory period before the game is fun; if it means you have to do some "real" content with potatoes while you figure it out, so what?

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I just don't see why you need to beat your dick against posky to work out your roster. You could start in velious and figure it out doing aow and vulak just as well. Selo started in luclin and people figured it out. There should simply not be a purgatory period before the game is fun; if it means you have to do some "real" content with potatoes while you figure it out, so what?

If you don't want to go to Sky then don't go to Sky but a guild is still going to have to go there and go there a lot regardless of whether or not they started in Classic or Kunark.

yerm

If you don't want to go to Sky then don't go to Sky but a guild is still going to have to go there and go there a lot regardless of whether or not they started in Classic or Kunark.

If people are going to do it anyway, what's the harm in doing it with kunark open? I just wholly reject the idea that we need classic only for some kind of plebbing out process, or for almost any reason really. Let us level in dalnir and nurga and shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Gotta think the company is eyes-emoji'ing Mischief being so popular in TSS that the population crashed the server last night. I'd bet my house we see free trade or bonus loot on at least 1 server.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
With TBS being the last really weak expansion for a while, with zero AAs and one raid zone, them dropping a Mischief-like server during that era makes a lot of sense for getting people to jump ship and start over. Which is unfortunate because SoF is really good, but so it goes. At least TSS is getting some real play for a change.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Gotta think the company is eyes-emoji'ing Mischief being so popular in TSS that the population crashed the server last night. I'd bet my house we see free trade or bonus loot on at least 1 server.

Free trade really should be the norm. Everything valuable being nodrop is really lame

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Free trade really should be the norm. Everything valuable being nodrop is really lame

I just hope they dont try and get to weird. A mischief copy would be fine, but doing something weird aka vanaki is just a waste of time.

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's really hard to show an employer that I haven't worked since 2015 and have them believe that it's because I went through stage 4 cancer from 2016-2020 and years of recovery after. Even Chewy probably wouldn't hire me.
You’re an idiot. People have dug themselves out of worse holes. Chewy definitely wouldn’t hire you though… Not sure what job you think you’d do there

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The free trade is cool and all, but for me it's the random loot that I have to have now. It was such a "holy shit, why didn't they think of this sooner??" moment for me on Mischief.

I've never had as much fun in EQ since probably 99-01ish as I did the first few months of Mischief. I'd still be playing if boxing wasn't such a big PITA. Total game changer for me. It seems like such a simple thing, but adding the ARPG element of "random" loot explosions really ties into the psychology of why shit like PoE, Diablo, etc. are so addictive.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If I could have my perfect wish list for a new TLP server, it would be...

Mischief clone, with the following tweaks. Cut all the 12 week expansions down to 8 weeks. Hot zones in at launch. Cut open world raid mob and rare mob respawn timers in half. Open world shit is just fun. Guild competition is fun. If you don't like it, get your DZ on. True Box rules will be relaxed to allow for 3 clients per computer. When Planes of Power unlocks, True Box will be removed.

Last edited:

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
I really wish they'd try having the same ZEM in every zone on a TLP. It would really be fun leveling in different spots for once.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

yerm

I can't think of any good reason to either start before kunark and/or not put relaxed truebox in day 1 if it's going to get put in. Waiting until the server is dying to throw out boxing is just salting the wound; let people develop their alts and get comfortable with their playstyle BEFORE planes of power and burnout, and skip classic-only to avoid the nuisance burnout up front.

• 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I can't think of any good reason to either start before kunark and/or not put relaxed truebox in day 1 if it's going to get put in. Waiting until the server is dying to throw out boxing is just salting the wound; let people develop their alts and get comfortable with their playstyle BEFORE planes of power and burnout, and skip classic-only to avoid the nuisance burnout up front.
I see them holding strong to "trying it" on Yeli first so probably won't get it on TLP 2023 launch. My guess is that this round will have the OoW unlock like Yeli and TLP 2024 will get it from day 1.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You’re an idiot. People have dug themselves out of worse holes. Chewy definitely wouldn’t hire you though… Not sure what job you think you’d do there
Are you just looking through my post history for comments to troll? Because you seem to not understand the context of the comment

Screenshot_20230207-104624.png

As for "people have been through worse," my oncologist assures me that I've been through more than 99% of her patients, literal "uncharted territory" as she calls it. She's a researcher at University of Michigan, she even contacted the doctor that ***invented the chemotherapy regimens I was taking*** and they were both baffled by my case. Then I came out the other side with no immune system in the middle of a pandemic, and no support system because my family are bigger pieces of shit than I am.

Anyway, you think people have dug themselves out of worse holes, but you admit that I'll probably have a hard time getting hired anywhere? I know that a lot of the time when you hear this on the internet it's just pussy shit. When I was younger I would've questioned anyone I saw say it. But 4 years of intense chemotherapy / radiation / stem cell transplant / surgeries has left me with debilitating chronic fatigue. I tried working a retail gig and literally couldn't do it. And Michigan is an "at-will employment" state so being disabled doesn't really give me an easier time finding work like it does many places in the country.

Karma is a bitch btw, and you're a fellow Christian (so you claim), careful trolling cancer survivors. "Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, you do to me."

Last edited: