EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
Here’s the secret:
Launch in classic. Add new level ranges/expacs every 8 weeks.

Casual players will not try servers that don’t launch in classic/Kunark. Time after time we see it. If they’re having fun they will play long past Luclin and PoP, but they will not even start a character on a server that starts on or past them.

Which is a shame really. Many expansions have a much more interesting level progression than classic does. Sure, guk will always have it's charm...but surely people must be getting sick of it.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Which is a shame really. Many expansions have a much more interesting level progression than classic does. Sure, guk will always have it's charm...but surely people must be getting sick of it.
nope they arent getting tired of it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
There's a ton of people that play Classic-SoV to just level up and then they quit. Even in SoL the leveling process is very different and a lot of those people don't really care for the game.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There's a ton of people that play Classic-SoV to just level up and then they quit. Even in SoL the leveling process is very different and a lot of those people don't really care for the game.

What's the pinnacle of character resale value?

I'm thinking mid-Kunark. Cause you're topped off on level, maybe you have an epic, Velious is on the way. I imagine it drops incrementally from then on, until you get to live level and then it goes up again. A Time-geared character mid-PoP might be up there too, except that's probably when a lot of people cash out.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Early PoP with a BiS weapon from PoTime is probably the best there is. Gear gets less coveted GoD+ because 2nd best shit is always just like a 5-15% decrease in stats from top end.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Has any of the big names decided to do a guild yet?

I'm still trying to decide on a class, but I am throwing around either Wizard for the pew pew or Ranger for the plink plink lol.

Yeah Vicious and his guys are planning a guild, one of their crew passed recently so they are doing a guild in his honor. He has already said he won't be leading it because he doesn't have time. Elaida and many of his other regulars are onboard, but how long it lasts is anyone's guess.

RIP Yace Ogre

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

I'm thinking mid-Kunark. Cause you're topped off on level, maybe you have an epic, Velious is on the way. I imagine it drops incrementally from then on, until you get to live level and then it goes up again. A Time-geared character mid-PoP might be up there too, except that's probably when a lot of people cash out.

Don't sell toons.
But a Early pop DBoW+bloodfrenzy+AHR glove Warrior based on what things go for in gDKP.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I just had a dumb idea. Maybe if I make snazzy art of new race/class combos it will inspire desire for these combinations.

What would be a good pet for a high elf beastlord?

As far as I know all Beastlord races take a pet from their starter zones. So run around Gfay and pick something that isn't already taken. Woodies took the tree things, the wolves are already taken, so wasp, brownie, orc pawn are about all that is left.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Don't sell toons.
But a Early pop DBoW+bloodfrenzy+AHR glove Warrior based on what things go for in gDKP.

What's wrong with selling toons? Never have before, and it usually crosses my mind well after their expiration date.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What's wrong with selling toons? Never have before, and it usually crosses my mind well after their expiration date.

How it usually goes is someone makes the decision they are going to quit and then engages in a series of behaviors to maximize their cash out. These behaviors can be pretty shitty. When the wizard blows all their wizard DKP on wizard shit that's typically whatever but other times it's the first or second week of Velious and the guy dipping out is one of the warriors you've funneled a mountain of loot on to. You needed X geared tanks so you could do more, faster splits and although he knew he was quitting he soaked up key resources anyway.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
How it usually goes is someone makes the decision they are going to quit and then engages in a series of behaviors to maximize their cash out. These behaviors can be pretty shitty. When the wizard blows all their wizard DKP on wizard shit that's typically whatever but other times it's the first or second week of Velious and the guy dipping out is one of the warriors you've funneled a mountain of loot on to. You needed X geared tanks so you could do more, faster splits and although he knew he was quitting he soaked up key resources anyway.

Oh right, yeah, we had this discussion a few weeks ago here. Super shitty to get a bunch of raid loot and sell your toon.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Oh right, yeah, we had this discussion a few weeks ago here. Super shitty to get a bunch of raid loot and sell your toon.

A lot of the time people act like normal human beings on their way out and no one gives a fuck but everyone's had at least one person they or the guild was really counting on stuff their faces and bounce.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah what Arb said, Warriors are often the worst culprits, they get funneled high value loots in the early expacs, BoC, HoRZ, Bloodfrenzy, Darkblade of War etc at any point during the Velious-PoP era you can cash out for a decent amount and many do. Is it worth doing over flipping burgers, probably not, but doesn't seem to stop at least one degenerate per guild per server from doing it.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

I think prices are highest
1. Early Velious Warrior with AoW/Vulak/ST loot.
2. Flagged PoP Warrior with Quarm loot and Dbow.
3. Omens char fully flagged with epic 2.0 done. Especially Shaman and Bard when DPS players decide they want to box a 2.0 epic click.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think the Velious Warrior problem is exacerbated by the fact that Kunark is trash and bis classic gear is primarily group loot. So you have Warriors who stack dkp for 3-6 months and dump it to sell in like 2-3 weeks at Vel launch.

• 1Like

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Your best month was 7k usd? So if someone is earning >82k salary they have you topped? Shit man. I hope this krono farming is a labor of love or a side gig.

It's something like that. That's probably more like an average then best. I've always worked alone and always have tons of excess stored, I can't sell it all. Many times I'd sell krono to the plat selling websites. I also work full time, so it is a side gig I guess. I'm not trying to brag here, just answer kronolord questions :)

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bragging about having the best pixels on your toon in game is one thing. Bragging about being a kronolord and manipulating markets is an entirely different level of autism.

I know you don’t come to this forum for career advice, but put your effort into something more investable. The very last thing you want is to depend on us paying your bills.

No one is bragging. People are asking questions and I'm trying to answer. I think bragging about your lifestyle and money is tacky. I always low ball my profits, I don't want to be a target.

There are some really rich people in this game. I know many of them and to my knowledge, we aren't trying to manipulating the market. We keep the right amount of stock and keep prices in line with each other. Thats why youll never see a kronolord do a big undercut in prices.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who would have thought that someone boasting about being a huge kronolord and dropping innuendo are not as big a player as they think.

And that's with taking the claims at face value.

It would be foolish to list your earnings. I don't want anyone trying to figure out who I am, or worse, employees tracking me. Believe it or not, I don't like to brag. I'd much rather stay in the shadows. The bottleneck for the kronolords is finding people to buy. I always have tons of stock.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you think you can do better than that while living in the jungles of Cambodia I'd like to hear it.
1678454860678.gif