EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You guys can always start up here: Project 1999 Guidebook - Project 1999

Seems like a better option. ;)

Yeah instead of agro lock lets have built in lists. Instead of waiting until god to relax truebox lets have enforced onebox. Yeah man, great fucking idea. We also get like 90% of the most autistic eq posters of other forum sections. Woo boy. Hard pass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I see this server as being slightly more popular than yelinak but less popular than mischief.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
And how is locking going to work? We all going to have to run around with instant shit to lock named stuff in dungeons???!?

How it's going to work is someone is going to warp in and insta tag something and you will have absolutely zero recourse. You can't pull it off them. You can't snare it, spam an aggro click, have your group move up and dps race it, charm it or anything. Hope you've got a cuck fetish.

Even setting aside the big cheats if you're in a contested situation it's just 100% who gets aggro first. Let's say that you want a camp and another group wants the same camp. Instead of the stronger group winning the races and getting the kills it's just going to be whoever is faster on the trigger. You're not actually going to be able to keep people out. No matter how weak a group is comparatively all they need is to get aggro first. Normally people just fuck off somewhere else when it's clear they're outmatched but with this you'll just end up splitting the camp in half and it'll be shit for everyone but not shit enough for one group to leave.

It's also going to blow if someone's just hanging around by themselves or with a parter or box eating spawns. Hell, an asshole could just stand right in your camp where it's safe and pull frogs to your group and you can't do a single fucking thing about it. What are you going to do, leave? People are going to lose their fucking shit when some solo duder is kiting their mobs around their camp and they just have to put up with it.

Here's what an S+ tier item is going to look like on Oakwynd

1680729433779.png

Any class that doesn't have an instant click like a Staff of Temperate Flux is going to be a little shittier than it used to be. Any guild that's slow to assemble for an open world target just needs one member who knows what they're doing and is willing to kite around King Tormax or Talendor or whoever until enough people show up. Did your guy get aggro first y/n. Kiting around a full wing of Vex Thal to get yourself a Xakra? Take all the time you need. It's not like your server's premier uber guild is going to jack it. Traditional contesting is dead as disco. Racing strategy is dead. The meta is kiting. Just kite forever while your team finds their dicks.

People are going to loathe encounter locking once they see it in action. The loading screen for the server should have this Oakwynd chick getting gangbanged because that's what you're going to be spending a lot of time doing - watching someone else fuck your girl.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is why they should not have done FV rule sets ever... every server will suck compared to it and its like getting someone off crack almost impossible. Its going to take years to get people to forget about Mischief.

• 1Like

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why not have who ever tags it gets part of the xp and loot. no more KSing. Locking will be abused. Just count the ways.

• 1Like

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
Do they use reverted oasis and reverted itemization graphics for these things? Or is it all basically current era stock?

• 1Like

Brael

Golden Knight of the Realm
This is why they should not have done FV rule sets ever... every server will suck compared to it and its like getting someone off crack almost impossible. Its going to take years to get people to forget about Mischief.
Also, the whole Legacy character thing would make more sense to me with free trade to gear out said characters. Who wants to gear out all these alts without it?

This is going to be interesting to watch. Terrible to deal with trolling. However, they are lucky in that I believe by late Velious I think this will solve itself in that the player population will be low enough to not have much drama going on.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What a fucking stupid way to kneecap your own ruleset. Literally the only time your special rule is beneficial you disable it.

BC355E86-5668-4645-BB6F-89F845A88B1A.jpeg

• 8Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
If I play this, will the server die if it's not a success? Are there dead EQ prog servers? What do they do with them?

Will I eventually have to buy expansions if my EQ client I have doesn't catch up with the client type being released?

I don't know if I should resume project 99 or do this. I'll probably do this though.

• 1Like

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I will be playing. Don't mind another nostalgia run up through Quarm.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The amount of griefing you can do to 'normal' players with these rules is out of control. This is the most degenerate server in a long time.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What a fucking stupid way to kneecap your own ruleset. Literally the only time your special rule is beneficial you disable it.

View attachment 467558

Yeah, it's confusing. I get it's to encourage people to roll alts but it could also have the added benefit of rewarding players for being sweaty with faster leveling during new expansions.

Xevy

Log Wizard
No random free trade loot? Sad. There goes any shot of me playing. Though it will be funny watching motherfuckers burst of flame hill giants in Rathe Mountains.

• 2Like

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Being able to interfere with other player's or other guild's progression has always been a part of the original EQ experience. No denying there will be some toxic moments due to the new "tagging" mechanic.

There will be rage! There will be furious smashing of keyboard buttons! There will be auto-muting of Discord voice channels! It will be glorious!

• 1Like

Zish

Trakanon Raider
So fucking stupid.

All they had to do was release Mischief again.

Who even plays multiple characters on the same account?

Last edited:
  • 1Like