EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
This is like one of the few possible benefits of the rule. Your PBAoE's shouldn't hit the mobs unless they FD.... for 15 seconds based off what Niente.

"Additionally, this server will be our first attempt at encounter locking. In short, once an NPC is engaged, it will be locked to that character, group, or raid. Characters not part of the lock cannot contribute damage. Spells from outside characters will not land on the NPC. "
Depends on if they actually handle this in a 'first aggro' way or 'first damaged'.
If you don't damage the NPC, does it lock? That is an important distinction - damage vs aggro.

In EQ2, you could run around with unengaged NPCs and walk them up to people whom would engage them via pbaoe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
It really depends how it's handled on the code side, and I'm sure knowing EQ it's going to be hilarious. The fact that you can't damage/land spells on things you're not engaged with means any 'aggro leaking' between people not in the encounter can be used to essentially stick mobs on a group with them having no way to get rid of them. If healing aggro leaks aggro, then you can park a loosely tagged mob next to a cleric in a group and now they have a new friend until they zone. If it doesn't? Park all your clerics in a second raid and they can heal/rez with no worry of pulling aggro.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Depends on if they actually handle this in a 'first aggro' way or 'first damaged'.
If you don't damage the NPC, does it lock? That is an important distinction - damage vs aggro.

In EQ2, you could run around with unengaged NPCs and walk them up to people whom would engage them via pbaoe.

People can proxy agro and train you now.
If it's first damage they can't break your mezzes and dispel your roots once they drop it on you.
If it's first to agro it will be harder to train you.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If a tagged monster is impossible for anyone to interact with plus it is impossible for it to interact with anyone but the person/group/raid it's locked to than this would sorta work but you just know it's not going to be like that. You're going to be occasionally dealing with damage immune and spell immune monsters hitting your group while someone skips merrily away.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Looks like the Official Discord server.
Yeah, I couldn't find it there.

If a tagged monster is impossible for anyone to interact with plus it is impossible for it to interact with anyone but the person/group/raid it's locked to than this would sorta work but you just know it's not going to be like that. You're going to be occasionally dealing with damage immune and spell immune monsters hitting your group while someone skips merrily away.
Also makes it easy for oog monks to clear a path through all the trash for you :)

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Also makes it easy for oog monks to clear a path through all the trash for you :)

Ambiturner hit the nail on the head.

How aggro is affected by this will fuck stuff up either way.

Either A: They can still aggro normally and now we have invincible trains that you can't fight back against
or B: They don't aggro and a lot of mechanics can now be broken and split easily and OOG healers are now invincible

Greyman

Trakanon Raider

How do you walk an unengaged NPC to somebody without engaging it?

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mischief has so many players still they don't want to launch another Mischief until they're sure they won't be cannibalizing the first one.

Is what I'm telling myself.

I dont think DB ever wanted to do a FV TLP and never want to again.

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
It's almost like a bunch of Mischief players were jonesing for a reason to start over and are now disappointed that they have to stay in Mischief.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I was looking forward to making some new toons to level up with family like a diablo 3 season. Play for a bit like Vaniki.

This does not look appealing at all.

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
The ruleset is so bad that even Zaide can't be fucked making a new thread for it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
NSFW content in a SFW forum
Sol A camps gonna be like

You missed a few spots. -amod

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Amod Amod After you nuke that picture of so many uncomfortable drakes request a change to the thread title. Please change to -

Abacab

Amod Amod After you nuke that picture of so many uncomfortable drakes request a change to the thread title. Please change to -

I can only get so hard for uncomfortable drakes

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Sol A camps gonna be like
sfw version
Drake GIF

xmod2

<Gold Donor>

Only the first person to engage with this thread is allowed to change the title.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Abacab

I'll start a guild called <Uncomfortable Drakes> cause every drake we tag is just gods plan

• 1Like