EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1680751889440.png

2000 hours in paint. Best I can do is an elbow and Riley's eyes. That's all a real man would need anyway.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is one reason I wish they would do 2 TLPs a year separated by about 6 months apart. This way they dont have to worry so much about rulesets as long as they are not terrible aka Vaniki.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Mangler, Selo and Vaniki all got massaged before their releases after bad press so I do expect at least some improvements.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Being able to train people with mobs that cannot be cc'd was something I overlooked in my previous complaints. I may indeed play on this server after all. It won't even be big trains. It'll be stuff like finding the most pathetic level 1 npc I can agro on others that cannot be contained and just listening to the rage and frustration from it.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Being able to train people with mobs that cannot be cc'd was something I overlooked in my previous complaints. I may indeed play on this server after all. It won't even be big trains. It'll be stuff like finding the most pathetic level 1 npc I can agro on others that cannot be contained and just listening to the rage and frustration from it.

Yeah I don't think that's how it will work, see the Niente screenshot a page or 2 back, if you FD they stay locked to you. Not openly stated but probably means they won't attack anyone else in that timeframe.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Mangler, Selo and Vaniki all got massaged before their releases after bad press so I do expect at least some improvements.
I helped them with Mangler and Selo on the forums back when that train wreck was incoming. This one on the other hand is pure shit.

They wasted a year on a shit idea that fundamentally fucks with one of the key elements of the EverQuest game engine. This encounter locking thing will fuck up some of the core features that makes EverQuest feel like EverQuest.

This is not good. This is very bad. This is indicative of a very serious problem with the people in charge of the game, and sends a signal that they truly have no concept of what defines EverQuest. It raises a major red flag.

Right now it's just a really stupid rule set for a new server. What happens when they make another really fucking bad design change in an expansion that completely fucks EverQuest, and nobody finds out about it until they have spent a year working on it and reveal it as their new expansion? They're not going to scrap a year's worth of work on an expansion just because the customer base tells them it sucks.

Who ever is making these decisions over there needs to be replaced for the sake of the IP.

• 2Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Raid forming for Trak. Log in your monk at poop mountain and javelin him then run through the raid back to jails. If he still aggros he will smoke them. If he doesn’t then just get LoS with Trakanon while he’s near them for an instant AE dot on the whole raid. Wow it’s going to be some juicy forumquest.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
A bard could control an entire zone if it's big enough to kite in. A lot of exploits have already been mentioned in this thread, and many more will surely be thought of.

Kill stealing and DPS racing are things that many players on these servers have complained about for a long time now. I think they truly believe they are solving this problem, and don't realize just how abusable this will be. This will likely be the most toxic TLP server we have ever seen.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A bard could control an entire zone if it's big enough to kite in. A lot of exploits have already been mentioned in this thread, and many more will surely be thought of.

Kill stealing and DPS racing are things that many players on these servers have complained about for a long time now. I think they truly believe they are solving this problem, and don't realize just how abusable this will be. This will likely be the most toxic TLP server we have ever seen.
The only thing that will come from these servers worth watching, is the drama that will ensue from that new agro system. The good news is, I do not have to play on the server to enjoy that.

• 2Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The basic consensus seems to be

Legacy chars - Neutral
Server wide bonuses - Positive
Encounter locking - Mixed leaning negative

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
If they stick with this locking thing they should implement it such that once engaged it’s locked to people in raid/group/zone at that time so you can’t stall for a raid force. Additionally it should unlock if it isn’t reduced to say 95% after 5 minutes of engage or something similar.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe even next step and anyone previously locked to an engage can’t re engage for 10 minutes or something to prevent juggling within a group

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The basic consensus seems to be

Legacy chars - Neutral
Server wide bonuses - Positive
Encounter locking - Mixed leaning negative
Mixed leaning negative? its literally everyone burning them down for FTE. Theres maybe 1% who is for it.