EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This post makes me doubt Elderan's pop numbers more than any other on the forum.

Not trying to say its popular. I would rate is a 3.5 of 10 right now from people I talked with. 1 being least popular and 10 being most.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
They want it like 2016 WoW, since even WoW gave up on mob tagging and uses shared credit now. If you tag the mob at all you get credit/loot. Let them add that feature if they want to prevent DPS racing.
This is the solution I ended up going with on my custom emu box.

Everyone gets personal loot (though in my case, the max group size is 6) that gets credit for the mob.

In Daybreak's case, this would work a lot better to just have to tag the mob or have an average damage credit above the average of everyone tagging the mob.
Meaning, if you were below 10% (a reasonable threshold for most group and raid content being dps raced) you would get your own loot from the mob.

There's code I wrote for emu that also hides corpses from people, they could do something similar and only send the corpse spawn and 'decay' packet to people who have fully looted the mob. If you haven't gotten credit on the mob, you can't see the corpse at all, as you technically have 0 items and thus it doesn't spawn - and in the case of mobs killed while you're in the zone, it instantly decays.

Kaines

Potato Supreme

Everyone gets personal loot (though in my case, the max group size is 6) that gets credit for the mob.

In Daybreak's case, this would work a lot better to just have to tag the mob or have an average damage credit above the average of everyone tagging the mob.
Meaning, if you were below 10% (a reasonable threshold for most group and raid content being dps raced) you would get your own loot from the mob.

There's code I wrote for emu that also hides corpses from people, they could do something similar and only send the corpse spawn and 'decay' packet to people who have fully looted the mob. If you haven't gotten credit on the mob, you can't see the corpse at all, as you technically have 0 items and thus it doesn't spawn - and in the case of mobs killed while you're in the zone, it instantly decays.
If you're basing on damage, how did you give healers credit?

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

I get the feeling they really really want to try the system they announced though since they put a lot of effort into it already.

If they just change the server to FV loot and left the encounter locking I think most people would just accept it at that point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not just going by forums post. People almost never post positive messages.

The internet in general is like that. Post "10 best games of 2022" and "10 worst games of 2022" videos on Youtube and the worst list will get like 4-5x as many views. Happened with literally everyone who did it.

And if you want a question answered... posting a question might be met with silence, but if you phrase it in the form of a statement, people will be tripping over themselves to correct you.

i.e. "what stats are good to invest in as a sorcerer?" might get met with silence, but if you instead say "as a sorcerer, I'm gonna pump all my points into charisma" you'll get a bunch of "no, idiot, put your points into int/wis/endurance" responses.

The internet, and the negativity of people on it, is very predictable.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I'd say the consensus is all three are hostile. Legacy chars and server-wide bonuses are positive impacts but are misguided. The only people bringing them up say it's a non-factor and probably not worht the time to code. It's all a symptom of the same problem: the developers are totally out of touch with TLP players and aren't willing to communicate with the playerbase to correct their behavior.

TBH i hope they have the balls to go through with encounter locking. I think people are overplaying the negatives and i think some very large boxers that the Phinny Clone enthusiast hate, did a really good job gaslighting the community as a whole into thinking this idea is worse then it actually is.

The griefing aspect will really only come into play in OW raid content and early era content that's already a complete shitshow regardless.

• 2Picard
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
TBH i hope they have the balls to go through with encounter locking. I think people are overplaying the negatives and i think some very large boxers that the Phinny Clone enthusiast hate, did a really good job gaslighting the community as a whole into thinking this idea is worse then it actually is.

The griefing aspect will really only come into play in OW raid content and early era content that's already a complete shitshow regardless.
I hope they go through with it too. If it's a disaster I hope they re-evaluate how they design and develop TLPs. That's unlikely though. Vaniki was a disaster from player population perspective, partially because they did a poor job tuning it and didn't re-evaluate post-release, and I dont' think they learned any lessons from that.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
A bard could control an entire zone if it's big enough to kite in. A lot of exploits have already been mentioned in this thread, and many more will surely be thought of.

Kill stealing and DPS racing are things that many players on these servers have complained about for a long time now. I think they truly believe they are solving this problem, and don't realize just how abusable this will be. This will likely be the most toxic TLP server we have ever seen.
Pretty much, people complain now about KSing but just wait until people can pull from and through your camps with zero recourse. Can’t even pull or agro off the person, just gotta sit there with dick in hand and take it like a bitch.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I hope they go through with it too. If it's a disaster I hope they re-evaluate how they design and develop TLPs. That's unlikely though. Vaniki was a disaster from player population perspective, partially because they did a poor job tuning it and didn't re-evaluate post-release, and I dont' think they learned any lessons from that.

MoTM was a disaster when it was first added. They made some tweaks and it's mostly a positive thing for TLPs now.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Raids in a traditional sense would be a thing of the past because every fight would just be a mindless zerg-tag with everyone ungrouped to maximize loot. Every time a target is called by any guild, people from all over the land would be running over to take a potshot at the mob. Loot prices would be extremely low. Any fight that requires strategy and coordination would have to still be raided normally by somebody, with stragglers outside the raid blastin' for loot. People would be dropping raid with mobs at 5% just to get their own loot pool. Rivers and seas would be boiling! Mass hysteria!
Yes,

It would be wonderfully different. At this stage of the game, why not try something like this rather than attempting boring rule sets that nobody would be interested in. This is the kind of experiments I want to see. They did this wonderfully 2 years ago and then flopped like fish out of water with no conceptual ideas that would be interesting. Examples of actual fun rulesets.

Continue with all loot tradeable and a tweeked random system then add things like...

1. All mains are automatically level/AA capped for each expansion. Expansions will cycle every 2 weeks. Loot is doubled/tripled to compensate for short time.

2. All Races can be any Class, Merchants are now available at level 1 for this server. Reputation systems are maxed and crafting is maxed for all mains.

There would be two servers that would be a lot more interesting than the stuff that have dished out since Mischief.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Pretty much, people complain now about KSing but just wait until people can pull from and through your camps with zero recourse. Can’t even pull or agro off the person, just gotta sit there with dick in hand and take it like a bitch.

From? Through?

I'm going to sit in the middle of your party enjoying the safety it provides while poaching at my leisure.

1680802608974.png

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Another feature they could steal would be the ability to link accounts so that the XP bonus worked across linked accounts, that way more than 4 people will benefit from the 10% xp bonus.
Or just have different account subscription levels that allow you to log in multiple characters per account

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Everybody is raging out over encounter locking and I'm over here flipping desks over fucking 8+week unlocks.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
No its not. It didnt do anything but make fights go from thirty seconds to one minute.
Dude I have to disagree with this. Content was so retarded in early eras before MoTM.

From melee engage to dead in 28 seconds

FTE seems like it would just turn every OW raid mob into a poopsock right like when GMs enforced FIF and FTE on the 2011 TLPs.

My whole thing with FTE is that a normal player or group of players can generally have hope of out dpsing a bot crew. But bots will 100% react and get fte before humans every single time they come into contest.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Maybe it was a clerical error and they accidentally swapped the April fools server with the real one in the producer's letter.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Dude I have to disagree with this. Content was so retarded in early eras before MoTM.

From melee engage to dead in 28 seconds

28 seconds Seems slow

When it comes to FTE i think it will change the Zerg mentality OW guilds have, since you no longer have to engage with enough DPS to beat the Zerg and just enough to kill the mob. Maybe we can have a server with actual expansion races again instead of a contest to see who can recruit the most retards into one guild. Maybe i'm wrong though and nothing changes on that front.

Either way i'm glad they're beta testing it on a Phinny clone i have no intention of playing on.