EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Will FTE be a thing in instances? Seems like you could split one group off just to kite trash or whatever and the lock and reset mechanism would really change what you could skip.
With mobs remaining locked for 20 seconds after a player FD's it means two monks can just nullify the entire Emp add component pretty easily.

I wonder how it works if I aggro Draco and then another guild engages CT warping draco to CT in pet mode? Does it break the FTE lock? Can I send folks charging down a hallway in VT then run my group to the boss past the trash?

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Let's say you're in a group doing Fungi King and some Necromancer just starts standing around. Can he solo that camp? Sorta? Can he solo a King that is all by itself? Yep.

No a necro can't solo the camp and not he can't solo King.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
can't solo King.

1681184769067.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Have casuals tried just accepting that they don't deserve everything

Whenever I've been lower play time I've just accepted it as that and not

"Omfg take key quest away from VT and make instances repop daily"

These people DISGUST me

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
With mobs remaining locked for 20 seconds after a player FD's it means two monks can just nullify the entire Emp add component pretty easily.

I wonder how it works if I aggro Draco and then another guild engages CT warping draco to CT in pet mode? Does it break the FTE lock? Can I send folks charging down a hallway in VT then run my group to the boss past the trash?
I'm thinking skipping growth trash, for instance, will be much simpler if they have to "go home" back to spawn before resetting. No clue how it will actually work though.

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
I'm thinking skipping growth trash, for instance, will be much simpler if they have to "go home" back to spawn before resetting. No clue how it will actually work though.

Everything I've seen people post so far on here or the EQ forums is already doable via other methods though, however FTE would make it more "dummy" proof and allow less coordinated guilds to abuse and bypass things. Don't think I've seen anything posted yet in terms of bypassing trash that isn't something already done in other ways.

All the abuse guessing could be mostly for nothing though. It could very well be the case that FTE doesn't even work inside DZ's.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
There isn't a named a Necro can solo that is in a camp they can't handle solo anyways. In the age of pick zones why contest a named when you can just go to an open pick and camp it.
That's the point, it doesn't have to be a necro anymore. It can be a warrior and his cleric box and they can take 45 minutes auto attacking the king down in front of you while you watch.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider

As stupid as this rule set really is, the truly bad part of all of this "experimentation cycle" they are planning will be all of the knee jerk development reactions they implement to combat the stupid shit people are going to do on this server. For example, think of how they "fixed" the charm/gate exploit of named mobs where instead of actually coming up with a fix for the specific problem they just made all named mobs non-charmable. They're like, "Slap the biggest fucking band aid you can find on the issue! Who cares if it makes the game less fun to play!"

One thing's for certain though... Sleeper is going to be interested.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Everything I've seen people post so far on here or the EQ forums is already doable via other methods though, however FTE would make it more "dummy" proof and allow less coordinated guilds to abuse and bypass things. Don't think I've seen anything posted yet in terms of bypassing trash that isn't something already done in other ways.

All the abuse guessing could be mostly for nothing though. It could very well be the case that FTE doesn't even work inside DZ's.

It would make a lot of sense to just disable it inside DZs since it could be exploited alot easier there. OW on the other hand could be interesting. You could park your CH rotation under Yelinak outside of the FTE raid and never take an AE, or get aggro or take a faction hit.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

This real Atabishi or an imposter?

It would make a lot of sense to just disable it inside DZs since it could be exploited alot easier there. OW on the other hand could be interesting. You could park your CH rotation under Yelinak outside of the FTE raid and never take an AE, or get aggro or take a faction hit.

I'm curious how AEs are gonna work in general. I assume they're still gonna hit everyone in the area regardless of whether they're on the list for the mob's engagement or not.

As stupid as this rule set really is, the truly bad part of all of this "experimentation cycle" they are planning will be all of the knee jerk development reactions they implement to combat the stupid shit people are going to do on this server. For example, think of how they "fixed" the charm/gate exploit of named mobs where instead of actually coming up with a fix for the specific problem they just made all named mobs non-charmable. They're like, "Slap the biggest fucking band aid you can find on the issue! Who cares if it makes the game less fun to play!"

One thing's for certain though... Sleeper is going to be interested.

Sleeper is gonna like, gank one person at a time slowly I guess.

What always got me was the urban legend that the Sleeper has a "zone-wide death touch" and people talking about this like it was really cool and bad-ass. There's nothing cool about everyone in the zone just insta-dying immediately even if it were true.

I've never gotten to wake the Sleeper, probably the one thing I have left to do.

Wonder if my 120 berserker on live could solo Kerafyrm in his "unbeatable" form. Probably pretty quickly/easily, regardless of its high regen. Maybe even the SoF Awakened version which I think is a fair bit stronger than the Velious version overall (except it has like 50M HP instead of 3B or whatever...unless that was also an urban legend). Maybe it can be spawned on Test and I can take a whack at it or something.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

The AE situation really needs to be explained but I'm sure it's just mob invulnerability, oog clerics will still be eating ae's.

You just won't be able to ks or assist in any way with a tagged mob. You can heal, buff a player engaged with that mob but I'm sure you will still get aggro and have unkillable mobs beating on you, using resist damage as an example of doing no damage but getting full aggro.

There's still a good chance damage shield power leveling will work with it's lack of ownership for the damage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm sure it's just mob invulnerability

Probably? The strange part is the last bit -

1681230159680.png

So the puller dies or the raid wipes and the process is for the NPC to lose aggro for X seconds, return home, presumably heal to full and THEN unlock as the last step? If it is possible to get on the aggro list as someone that is outside the raid this is going to be such a pain in the dick when an invulnerable beater comes at your crew permanently locked to all the dead people in the competing raid. If you see a group getting wrecked and you heal someone you better hope they win because if not whatever killed them is coming at you with invincibility turned on.

I can't really believe it works as initially explained. Unlocking as the last step in the process means any train that forms is invulnerable until it fully resets. You won't be peeling anything off of one. Trains are going to be a little more likely to form because no one can help out if a group snags too many. "Hey, can you take one" basic interaction between players won't be a thing. The entire mechanic is a pair of handcuffs on a game whose selling point is it's so old it doesn't have those modern features. In Fear if two raids are clearing and one pulls too much than it's going to kill everyone. Having your raid wiped due to invulnerable mobs is going to be another thing that gets people to log out and never log back in.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I wonder when this server dies a month in to its existence if they will use the "experimentation" part of it as an excuse to completely change the rule set to another "experiment".

I just can not see this server lasting long at all. It's going to be a cluster fuck on steroids.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wonder when this server dies a month in to its existence if they will use the "experimentation" part of it as an excuse to completely change the rule set to another "experiment".

I just can not see this server lasting long at all. It's going to be a cluster fuck on steroids.

I guess it depends on what you mean by die. Yelinak held a decent player average every expansion. This new server will have a higher population on average than Yelinak for each expansion because of three main reasons. One is the weird expansion bonuses, most casuals seem happy with it. Two is that we are now 2 years away from Mischief release. Three there is no third server. The encounter locking will generally only deter those people whom you want it to deter.

Yalinak Average max players per Expansion
  • Classic 2200
  • Kunark 1910
  • Velious 1720
  • Luclin 1345
  • Pop 1655
Mischief Average max players per Expansion
  • Classic 2750
  • Kunark 2245
  • Velious 1955
  • Luclin 1770
  • Pop 2150