EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Atabishi is just desperate to claim Aradune was the largest server because he thinks he “won” it and that means he beat the most people. Likewise he seeks to downplay the populations of the servers his “competitors” play on.

The big issue is he can’t just exaggerate like a normal person, he has to say dumb shit like Aradune had 41 raiding guilds and he beats up 3 Navy SEALs simultaneously.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AtabishiRetired

Peasant

Only zaide would have the reading comprehension of a 3 year old and take me saying "there were less mass boxers than other servers" and then post a mass boxer on aradune as some sort of gotcha lol. Big yikes. Learn to read. Let me rewrite it maybe more clear so you can hopefully understand this time: All servers since agnarr have had the mass box armies, aradune had the least of any.

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
Atabishi is just desperate to claim Aradune was the largest server because he thinks he “won” it and that means he beat the most people. Likewise he seeks to downplay the populations of the servers his “competitors” play on.

You couldn't be more wrong. I've only ever claimed Aradune was the most populated due to covid lockdowns and was the king of OW racing in terms of modern day tlp servers, which isn't really something I even have to argue, it's undeniable. It was not the king of expansion racing, I would have to reluctantly give that one to Mangler just in terms of how many different guilds won expansions on that server and how many different guilds actively competed in racing each expansion on that server. It's also not the king of rivalry's, that would go to Phinny with OGC vs AoS.

I just don't buy in to your alls BS propaganda. The ONLY servers you guys EVER say were highly populated are the servers YOU have run guilds on lol. Even by Mangler you guys were still claiming Agnarr was the most populated TLP ever on these forums. The irony in your statement is wild.

Last edited:

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
Lol who tf cares about this population numbers argument. I'm more interested in the actual numbers that got leaked. Was that all servers?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'd love to hear your explanation of why what I said is a lie or retarded.

That Mischief only had 1 or 2 guilds with over 100 active players through PoP?

That's a lie AND retarded because anyone that played on Mischief knows there were far more than that. Hell, due to more work schedule I had a very niche time I could raid and I still had 4-5 options that had over 100+ active members.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
What casuals are going to play on this server? Why would a casual be interested in this server? It is nothing new save for locked out expansion based progressive benefits that mean nothing until a lot later and a brand new cannot possibly be exploited agro system.

Whoopie........................
Because every TLP sees a big contingent of casual players. There's a large subset of non-P99 classic enthusiasts who "won't play on an emu" and would gladly give Daybreak money each TLP.

Even Yelinak saw some people and no major guilds joined up during Mischief's run - it was also undoubtedly more populated than Vaniki and likely made more money.

Because Oakwynd keeps to the normal TLP cadence (albeit without random loot) it's more likely to succeed financially. FTE won't affect casuals, the account bonus also won't really hinder them, and the random bonuses are beneficial to them.

Financially, I think Oakwynd won't be much different from Yelinak in terms of revenue.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You couldn't be more wrong. I've only ever claimed Aradune was the most populated due to covid lockdowns and was the king of OW racing in terms of modern day tlp servers, which isn't really something I even have to argue, it's undeniable. It was not the king of expansion racing, I would have to reluctantly give that one to Mangler just in terms of how many different guilds won expansions on that server and how many different guilds actively competed in racing each expansion on that server. It's also not the king of rivalry's, that would go to Phinny with OGC vs AoS.

OGC vs AOS was definitely the biggest Big Dick Contest in EQ history. Selo was a likely second-place, but didn't have the longevity. Phinny's war went until Buried Sea, Selo's fizzled out way before then (and with shorter unlocks).

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's not the same. Like I said, all general chat is a good indication for is the amount of boxers are on a server, which can highly fluctuate depending on the server and it's ruleset. Some servers have tons of mass boxers, some don't. Some servers have had little boxing and some have had a ton. When you have a server with 5-6 72+ boxers and they put all their characters in the chat channels, that's going to skew the numbers vs a server who didn't have any or very little 72+ boxers.

Why would people use general channels on massed boxes? If anything his numbers are going to skew HIGH for aradune, and low for rizlona, not the other way around. Since you're arguing that aradune has less massed boxes it should appear more populated chat-wise since the human being to character ratio is up. Likewise, rizlona felt full of characters but had less human beings, and its chat channels were far more ghost town that you'd think it should be based on the numbers.

Also happy songkran buddy.

yerm

OGC vs AOS was definitely the biggest Big Dick Contest in EQ history. Selo was a likely second-place, but didn't have the longevity. Phinny's war went until Buried Sea, Selo's fizzled out way before then (and with shorter unlocks).

ROI vs FOH was a far better contest. Both guilds had expansion wins and the race targets were divided in each expac before FOH dissolved. Most races since have felt a lot less even. OGC never gave me the impression that it was sparring anywhere close to evenly with AOS until AOS had basically defeated itself.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
ROI vs FOH was a far better contest. Both guilds had expansion wins and the race targets were divided in each expac before FOH dissolved. Most races since have felt a lot less even. OGC never gave me the impression that it was sparring anywhere close to evenly with AOS until AOS had basically defeated itself.
It’s really hard to compare the AoC servers to the pre AoC era where survival meant competition. Every mob each day being a guaranteed race/sock/drama was insane.

I do think for racing for server firsts I’d say OGC vs AoS was peak competition imo. Iirc FoH died in Velious, so while they split the first three expansions it was pretty short. OGC was often right behind AoS right? They won Luclin and Didn’t they lose Omens by a few minutes? I know this DoN video shows that OGC literally had Vishimtar at 0% when the AoS Vishimtar died for the server first. Unbelievably close.

AtabishiRetired

Peasant

Yeah OGC vs AOS was definitely the best 2 guild rivalry out of the modern TLP's, at least in terms of the expansion racing and just normal every day interactions between OGC and AOS members. I can't really think of many more. I don't know if I would put Selos up there since it was so short lived, considering it was over as soon as Amtrak won the initial launch, however it would prob be #1 in terms of pre-launch shit talking. There have been some other decent rivalry's on other TLP's like RI vs (cant think of name of guild) on coirnav, Mess vs M&M vs BT on Mangler. TEB vs Rampage on Aradune. Unaware if Mischief and Yelinak had any but I'm sure each had at least one, but none will be as remembered as the OGC vs AOS.

Why would people use general channels on massed boxes? If anything his numbers are going to skew HIGH for aradune, and low for rizlona, not the other way around. Since you're arguing that aradune has less massed boxes it should appear more populated chat-wise since the human being to character ratio is up. Likewise, rizlona felt full of characters but had less human beings, and its chat channels were far more ghost town that you'd think it should be based on the numbers.

Also happy songkran buddy.

People tend to not take autojoin off on their boxes. I know I'm guilty of this and most boxers I know are guilty of this. Also one of the things that were called out in prior server general chat postings was that the mass boxers, 36-72+ people, had all of their characters permanently in multiple general chat channels. Authority had called this out before on 2 different servers where he saw the group of people who all 72+ box had their entire armies filling up 3-4 general chat channels with only their boxes.

How did you know it was songkran? lol

I think the conversation was more about modern day tlp's, as in phinny+, at least that's what I was talking about. Any time I ever mention TLP's I don't go any further back than phinny.

yerm

That's fair. Another note for the aos vs ogc era is that phinny had way way way more people both in and around. Roi got blasted for zerging if numbers went over 60, while guilds today might field 5x that. There is a lot to be said for winning a field with a dozen competitors vs winning against like 3 (combine) or 1 and a half (selo).

I'll be on koh larn in an hour or two.

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
I do think for racing for server firsts I’d say OGC vs AoS was peak competition imo.

I can't objectively agree that phinny was the peak for server firsts as much as I would want it to be. Phinny was only 2 guilds racing, and the expansion racing didn't start until Luclin. Tmk OGC didn't race classic or kunark, and the only racing they did in velious was to try and get in to ST before AoS woke sleeper, was never a plan to go for Vulak for the win. The first expansion where Dima actually had a plan to race for server first was Luclin.

Even though I think mangler was the worst TLP I played, and the guilds that played there are not ones I like to give credit to unless I can't justify a reason not to, but Mangler I think has to objectively take it for server first racing. They always had at least 3-4 guilds racing in every expansion, was constant back and forth on who won, all kinds of cross guild collusion and spying and sabotage going on. I do sort of regret not playing on there during all those races.

I'll be on koh larn in an hour or two.

Oh really? That's where a lot of my friends are for songkran. I don't like to travel for Songkran though so I'm staying local lol. Do you live in BKK?

yerm

A lot of the anticompetitive outcomes with one dominant or only 2 guilds is because they crush competition too hard. The servers with a lack of top players may be more competitive but it's not necessarily to their credit.

Sriracha.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
It’s really hard to compare the AoC servers to the pre AoC era where survival meant competition. Every mob each day being a guaranteed race/sock/drama was insane.

I do think for racing for server firsts I’d say OGC vs AoS was peak competition imo. Iirc FoH died in Velious, so while they split the first three expansions it was pretty short. OGC was often right behind AoS right? They won Luclin and Didn’t they lose Omens by a few minutes? I know this DoN video shows that OGC literally had Vishimtar at 0% when the AoS Vishimtar died for the server first. Unbelievably close.

They lost OoW by multiple days because they fucked up MPG trails

Wild Treasures had a 42 man raid for DoN launch.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
They lost OoW by multiple days because they fucked up MPG trails

Wild Treasures had a 42 man raid for DoN launch.
Was it GoD that was just a few minutes apart? Omens was where zoning out of MPG trials the correct way was part of getting the flag which fucked them right?

• 1Like