EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
lmao, yea imagine if anyone on the list can open the target.... guilds going to be planting deep cover operatives for expansion races

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
lmao, yea imagine if anyone on the list can open the target.... guilds going to be planting deep cover operatives for expansion races

Holy shit, this has the potential to have even more cross guild moles than a big Eve heist. I can't wait.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
so, how does one who has not played EQ in 20 years go about reacclimating to EQ in the modern age of high resolutions, ultrawide monitors, etc?
any basic walkthroughs for UI setup, etc?

likely would play a War or SK, maybe box a Sham

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
so, how does one who has not played EQ in 20 years go about reacclimating to EQ in the modern age of high resolutions, ultrawide monitors, etc?

No need to! EverQuest UI is still firmly in the two decades old era so you can recapture that nostalgic feel!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Q: What is EncounterLocking? What isthe goal for Encounter Locking?
A:The Encounter Locking feature will allow the first person that engages an NPC the ability to prevent others from interfering with the fight. A primary goal with adding this feature is to mitigate issues we've seen regarding kill-stealing and training in the early TLP experience before content becomes more instance based as the expansions unlock.

Q: How is the lock applied?
A: The lock is applied to the first player that gets added to an NPC’s hatelist. This could be via a player attacking the NPC directly or the NPC attacking a player.

Q: How is the lock removed?
A: The lock is removed a short time after the NPC leaves combat. If someone on the lock list attacks the NPC within the period before it unlocks, the countdown will be reset, and the NPC will remain locked.

Q: Can members be added mid fight to the group or raid?
A: Yes. The lock is owned by an individual player. The group or raid that they currently belong to is the one that “owns” the lock. Players that are currently in the same group or raid as that player will be able to attack. Those that are not will not be able to attack.

Q: Will this prevent assisting/helping other players?
A: No. If a player would like assistance from someone outside their group or raid, they can target the NPC and use /yell. This will semi-unlock the NPC and allow anyone to attack it. Once unlocked using /yell, the NPC cannot be locked again until it leaves combat, and the original lock is removed.

Confirmation that this server is cursed. The yell part is even funnier imo. Let me just dump this mob on you...

I like that they combined OoW and DoN. Great and long overdue change. ...except it's only like a quarter of what they need to do. Also combine DoD+PoR, TSS+TBS, and most importantly by far, PoP+LoY+LDoN.

TBH OoW+DoN is probably the least important of those four combines...

• 2Like

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
No need to! EverQuest UI is still firmly in the two decades old era so you can recapture that nostalgic feel!
I recovered my original 1999 account and rolled up an ogre shaman on FV to dip my toes...
I did DL a Drakah Chrome UI overlay, but I haven't figured out how to get my window layouts to look all neatly arranged like lots of the screenshots I see

first time doing the tutorial, got to lvl 12 pretty quickly and had some fun!

I wonder if my old characters are still on the account, or if they've been split off? My account got hacked and was being used for years while I was unaware...
I guess I'll poke around on the server list and see if I can find anything.

*edit* looks like all my old characters have flown the coop

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm not making any kind of promises or claims, but so far the only guild I'm seeing with a large roster of degenerates from previous "top" guilds is.

Mabbu tapped out. Unless there are major changes or a parallel server with a different ruleset he's not leading the guild and is skipping the server entirely. I don't know how willing his crew are to go forward without him. If they all bounce I'm not sure the server is even going to have a batphone guild.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

They're actually redoing the UI engine right now, biggest feature is supporting 4k monitors. I wouldn't let a shitty UI block you from playing though, since I doubt it'll get thaaat much better in the next few months. Test Update 03/21/2023 - Discussion | EverQuest Forums

To answer your question, it depends on if you're going to play on a TLP or live. I'd recommend rolling on Mischief and asking EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot) what classes to play and for advice.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The Mischief bazaar has way more cool twink gear to buy than the FV bazaar. The choice is clear.

• 2Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mabbu tapped out. Unless there are major changes or a parallel server with a different ruleset he's not leading the guild and is skipping the server entirely. I don't know how willing his crew are to go forward without him. If they all bounce I'm not sure the server is even going to have a batphone guild.
Does it need a OW guild when you can just run alts in DZ's and transfer the gear.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Like I said, it's gonna be Rapiers vs Soxx Puppets, battling for server first on an expansion after the following expansion comes out, camping rats in the barren, apocalyptic ruins of civilization. Two bedraggled warrior tribes, locked in combat at the end of the world.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Does it need a OW guild when you can just run alts in DZ's and transfer the gear.

It's more loot and it doesn't require alts. On fifteen minute raids like Nagafen or Venril Sathir that's a ton more loot over the course of a week to get the open world targets.

Like I said, it's gonna be Rapiers vs Soxx Puppets, battling for server first on an expansion after the following expansion comes out, camping rats in the barren, apocalyptic ruins of civilization. Two bedraggled warrior tribes, locked in combat at the end of the world.

who.gif

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
That guy probably just did this

View attachment 469295

and for the TLP subforum Oakwynd was in the lead.

edit - looks ahead in the Vet's Lounge also

View attachment 469297
Holy shit. Look at that. I've still got the most replied to thread (non-pinned) in the Veteran forum! Suck it bitches!

For the record, there were some really nice ideas posted in that thread, and some actually got implemented in the game. So... in a way... I am responsible for EQ being a better game today LOL. You can send your kronos to me now.

Pretty sure 100 concurrent viewers puts you in like the top 0.5% of twitch.

View attachment 469360
You can always get some nice bumps during server launch.

View attachment 469363
That's unsurprisingly true. People think that that streamers get uber numbers, but reality is that the small number of people that actually have a following get less than 10 viewers on average per stream, and those people are considered to be doing good. The vast majority of streamers get like 0 average viewers lol.

I think my maximum at one time was around 70 due to you crazy people on here trolling me. Thanks by the way, you got me to affiliate status by doing that LOL! My real average these days is around 3 viewers with spikes upwards of 25 at times. I stream a ton (like every night) for many hours a night, so my average is really low seeing as the majority of that time, it's like 1 or 2 people. Then during my peak times, it goes up to between 10 and 15 usually.

Those people everyone sees on the main page with thousands of viewers, that is a microscopic number of streamers. I also wonder how many of those are actually paid bots watching their streams.

• 1Like

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I recovered my original 1999 account and rolled up an ogre shaman on FV to dip my toes...
I did DL a Drakah Chrome UI overlay, but I haven't figured out how to get my window layouts to look all neatly arranged like lots of the screenshots I see

first time doing the tutorial, got to lvl 12 pretty quickly and had some fun!

I wonder if my old characters are still on the account, or if they've been split off? My account got hacked and was being used for years while I was unaware...
I guess I'll poke around on the server list and see if I can find anything.

*edit* looks like all my old characters have flown the coop
You check all of the servers for your old characters? The merges tended to move folks around. Although, I think anything level 10 and lower might have been wiped. Keep strong security on that veteran account ... they're valuable.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
You check all of the servers for your old characters? The merges tended to move folks around. Although, I think anything level 10 and lower might have been wiped. Keep strong security on that veteran account ... they're valuable.
i checked all the live servers, no old characters anywhere to be found.
what's the value of the veteran account?