EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even sk shm dru works with just dotting the fuck out of everything. If you 4 box and add the bard this group is hot shit. Wizard is the rogue of casters, its great on raids and shits on all the others on races, but needs a lot of outside buffs and debuffs and shit to be good.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ranger tank was good fun up to GoD era.

With glyphs any class can tank raid bosses if they can hold agro. Flame lick is amazing for keeping the mob locked on you. I had a blast on selo tanking various plane of time mobs then it hit a wall with mob damage output in GoD,

Yeah I think I might go Ranger instead of SK next time I play a launch tank. They're better at no-damage aggro from an early point than SK, as well, which can be really good if tanking a mez-heavy group.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think I might go Ranger instead of SK next time I play a launch tank. They're better at no-damage aggro from an early point than SK, as well, which can be really good if tanking a mez-heavy group.
Knights suck balls until Luclin and even until PoP, really. SKs fare a little better because of DT and FD, but Paladins are absolute ass until Luclin.

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Looking at 4 boxing myself, most likely SK main driving the group.

Thinking SK/Shm/Brd + Either Wizard or Mage, Do I want Wiz for ports and maybe Flux staff FTE shit, or do I just go Mag for pet dps. (SK and SHM will be Ogre and ill have to run the othes to meet up)

or

SK/Enc/Clr/Mag at launch and let a charm pet carry to 50 then later bring up the Shaman and Bard (Will probably go DE with this combo to all start in one city)
I run SK/Enc/Clr/Mag on Mischief. Started at launch and still playing the same crew. Charming is absolutely doable, especially with a cleric. I put the charm pet in xtar 1 on the enchanter & cleric. Then set up a *stun/tash/charm macro on the enchanter and a stun macro on the cleric. Keeping the charm pet in the cleric's xtar window is great for setting up a heal macro as well. (you'll be doing lots of charm pet CH'ing until Gates).

At some point I had a mage macro that would /pet attack, re-malo, taunt the charm pet, and then /taunt off. That was really only for PoP - Gates though when charm breaks are especially nasty.

I box w/ Multiplicity and basic numpads btw.

*edit: forgot to mention the PBAE stun on the enchanter. (chanter stunning phases in and out through the eras and goes away completely in OOW)

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Even sk shm dru works with just dotting the fuck out of everything. If you 4 box and add the bard this group is hot shit. Wizard is the rogue of casters, its great on raids and shits on all the others on races, but needs a lot of outside buffs and debuffs and shit to be good.

Adding a dru to my trinity would make a lot of sense since it would cover the port weakness and help the DPS.

From there you might as well go to 6, so I'd add a couple DPS. Two zerkers can really dish it out with program assistance but aren't available for a while. For maximum laziness, two Rangers would be good, especially once Luclin comes out, they'd murder even with the nerfs.

So I guess the extension of my Ideal 3-Box From Classic To Live would be SK/Shm/Bard/Dru/Rng/Rng. No chanter or cleric needed and very little stress. Course none of this matters without a Ragefire type server unless you want to circumvent all the rules and so on.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This is classic classes and races, right? No iksar or zerker shananigans?

Nothing fancy but with the launch of Kunark you can buy a race change potion for a very gentle 2500 Daybreak Points(tm).

Doing a BL with Luclin or a Berzerker with GoD you'll be able to move all your gear right over to them as all non-epic gear is flagged heirloom.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
Are there class and racial penalties in these TLPs?

I'm probably going to play this then maybe bounce to the new WoW classic servers if they come.

TurtleWoW pretty big with the server outages

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Are there class and racial penalties in these TLPs?

I'm probably going to play this then maybe bounce to the new WoW classic servers if they come.

TurtleWoW pretty big with the server outages

Also; they do PoK stone with these vanilla versions?

No race/class penalties of any kind and the old bonuses for halfling, warrior and rogue are also gone. PoK stones are turned off so you gotta hoof it everywhere or make friends with a porter. If you're rolling someone that has a hard time getting around (no bind no gate) the biggest quality of life upgrade you can give yourself is a druid or wizard box of your very own.

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Doubt the soulbinders in Gfay area will be safe for a DE, could always just start as a High Elf or Dwarf and change later, or get the DE mask.

Tested it tonight. It works. Have to invis up and then bind far back behind the empty building, but doable. No guards will agro you there and the SB will bind you there.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Before LDoN launches the soulbinders at the camps are there either alone or alone with like one merchant. You can walk yourself in to some danger if you aren't paying attention but they're otherwise safe.

• 1Like

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Before LDoN launches the soulbinders at the camps are there either alone or alone with like one merchant. You can walk yourself in to some danger if you aren't paying attention but they're otherwise safe.

Thanks. I have heard conflicting things about that. Someone said the SB in BB isn't there at launch.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Thanks. I have heard conflicting things about that. Someone said the SB in BB isn't there at launch.

The magus isn't there nor are the quest npcs or anything but the soulbinders are there at each camp. It's pretty convenient for team troll/ogre to be able to bind in Oasis not too far from Innothule, the commons makes for a pretty decent guild bind point for the sweaty open world raider types, etc.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
No boats either, you TL so worst case you can get from continent to continent as fast as sow will let you. It’s really not bad runs for us oldies or p99 players

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I remember the south ro soulbinder being up in classic, not sure about the BB one IIRC it wasn't but happy to be wrong

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For some reason I only remember sro being in. I could be wildly mistaken but I do not think the ef one near ice giants was in. The good news is, you can just not go to faydwer and be fine. Unrest is overrated and overcrowded.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
For some reason I only remember sro being in. I could be wildly mistaken but I do not think the ef one near ice giants was in. The good news is, you can just not go to faydwer and be fine. Unrest is overrated and overcrowded.
I thought EF was in because melee would bind there for faster Vox batphones. I don’t recall the BB one being in but I never fuck with Faydwer. SRO is 100% in.

Edit: Checked my discord history and I was telling people to use it in 2017.
713F0270-42BD-4A76-8530-884F60C1FE60.jpeg

• 1Like