EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The rogue gimmicks are gone. Corpse dragging is no longer done, exploring is not done and there's shit like maps now, and pick lock can be handled by bards which are both the simplest box and frequently most useful, so everyone can find one. Rogues are just dps now. So, if you are picking a rogue, the question is why? Is it because you have some weird mentally ill fascination with the idea of the class you must live out? If not, just pick a different class. Ranger if you're gonna quit after pop, monk if not, berserker if you plan to decide later.

The only rogue advantage left is that because they suck so much shit for so long, and even after semi balancing its still literally years until the dagger fix so classes like beast won't compete... nobody touches your shit except other rogues, who are also cucks playing a shit class. So rogue is suddenly ideal if two conditions are met and you need both to be met:

1. You have limited or unreliable playtime which may mean lower earned dkp or less reliable access to bis drops. You don't want to fuss over your gear.
2. You have real friends playing the game who are going to consistently group with you and not make you pug. This isn't a casual thing either, I'm talking an actual team of bros you can count on.

If both of those are not true, especially #2, and you aren't trying to vicariously exist in everquest as the fantasy class of your dreams (why is this rogue anyway you fucking weirdo) don't play a rogue.

Anyone who tells you to play one if you want to and any class is fine is a liar and an asshole. There is literally nothing special about rogues anymore. If you want to play dps, which is all a rogue is, there are other options and they're all superior. Ranger is extra superior here because the gear so easily becomes berserker gear in a snap before the 70s era falloff.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The rogue gimmicks are gone. Corpse dragging is no longer done, exploring is not done and there's shit like maps now, and pick lock can be handled by bards which are both the simplest box and frequently most useful, so everyone can find one. Rogues are just dps now. So, if you are picking a rogue, the question is why? Is it because you have some weird mentally ill fascination with the idea of the class you must live out? If not, just pick a different class. Ranger if you're gonna quit after pop, monk if not, berserker if you plan to decide later.

The only rogue advantage left is that because they suck so much shit for so long, and even after semi balancing its still literally years until the dagger fix so classes like beast won't compete... nobody touches your shit except other rogues, who are also cucks playing a shit class. So rogue is suddenly ideal if two conditions are met and you need both to be met:

1. You have limited or unreliable playtime which may mean lower earned dkp or less reliable access to bis drops. You don't want to fuss over your gear.
2. You have real friends playing the game who are going to consistently group with you and not make you pug. This isn't a casual thing either, I'm talking an actual team of bros you can count on.

If both of those are not true, especially #2, and you aren't trying to vicariously exist in everquest as the fantasy class of your dreams (why is this rogue anyway you fucking weirdo) don't play a rogue.

Anyone who tells you to play one if you want to and any class is fine is a liar and an asshole. There is literally nothing special about rogues anymore. If you want to play dps, which is all a rogue is, there are other options and they're all superior. Ranger is extra superior here because the gear so easily becomes berserker gear in a snap before the 70s era falloff.

200.gif

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Didn’t mention pickpocket, easy epic, or bad boy cool guy status. This is an unfair rogue smear campaign.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
if all else fails, turn to the musings of the past.

Rogues:
The Quon has an uber Bracer of the Hidden just for See Invis cause these mutherphuckers will sneak up on you like a yeasty queef in the night. They'll poke those tiny fingers up under your nose and shit and be all like "smell that". The Quon don't fall for that shit, he knows you stick your fingers up that Orc's ass while you're trying to pickpocket. And The Quon knows it ain't no accident. When The Quon was younger and newer to the ways of EQ love, he hooked up with this Halfling Rogue chick. She was mad nutty and had hands like one of those little diaper wearing helper monkeys. We got to it and she was all over The Quon, talking nasty in that secret Thief language about some shit The Quon didn't care about and sticking her fingers in every opening The Quon has. The Quon was hella turned on until she put her finger in his mouth. The Quon is dry heaving now thinking about. Plus it's a motha phuckin fact that they don't take care of their cha cha's if you get The Quons meaning.

Any time a rogue is in The Quon's group he send them a /tell right off, "Yo asspoker, if you want healed after you take a beatin because you can't control your own aggro you best be splittin that Pickpocket money with The Quon, 50/50 biatch. That doesn't include the DoT money you owe me either." Respect.

The Quon also likes to dog them about their poisons. "So you dropped mad cash and farmed green mobs for weeks to hit that mob with a 300 hp dot? Whoops, The Quon accidentally cast Sound of Force...220 damage and a stun for next to no mana, whoops, just did it again." Pwnd.

The Quon's healing strategy for rogues: Evade motha phucka. If the rogue has forked over phat platz then they will get a celestial here and there as needed, if not they better have a piercer that summons bandaids and shit.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Takp is going to be something like 20 years out of date. It'll still be close to accurate for 1-20 and pop zones though...

For classic, guk unrest and befallen are the top tier low level, then sola is the best of anything for its small range, and solb is a bit better than lguk which is a bit better than oot at the end.

Kunark, it was mega normalized aka made shit, kaesora dalnir droga and nurga are ok (the last two are still shit even with wild xp because they all ht and bullshit), while overthere and com are mega nerfed and loio is still bad but not as bad as past zem lists.

Velious who still xps but if you do tofs is now #1 by far in its range and velks crushes after. Sg is no longer god tier if you see an old list.

Luclin is just griegs or ssra or you aren't after good xp. Excepting ae group shit. Fg still has anti fun mechanics from 2001 and sucks, grey is still the worst xp zone for its level in eq. Grimling related shit was nerfed sometime after selo so eg acrylia isn't as good anymore, but they aren't terrible. None of them compare to velks still.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
The one thing I can say about rogue is that you get the best gear with the least effort because nobody plays them. You want the best in slot weapon that drops for a rogue on week one of an expansion for minimum DKP? You got it buddy.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Jasker is clearly projecting, given his schizophrenia and deeply emotional outbursts he has from time to time.

Right click on the spell slot. It should bring up a menu to choose a spell.

It's actually a really nice system because the spells are logically grouped into different categories. As you get deeper into levels and have more spells it's a lot better than trying to flip through the spellbook. You can also save combinations of spells as a spell set and quickly switch between them. Again, not all that useful at level 50, but it can be very useful later on, especially if you're a buffer.

That said, I think if you just left click on the gem in the spell book it will automatically scribe into your slot.

As for the UI windows getting misplaced, that didn't happen to me when I played. You might try playing full screen or windowless full screen. I guarantee most people don't have this problem but I do recall an issue with the game not starting you in the same screen border option and when it does the switch it screws up the windows.
Thanks but what you are describing is how to memorize spells. I was asking how to hotkey/move a mem'd spell to your hotbar. I asked in game and eventually got the answer (you have to hold down left click for 3s and it turns into a button you can drag and drop)

I found out last night that Blizz is dropping JJ today at reset so instead of grinding out levels in wotlk classic i refired up this and gave it an honest go.

The ui randomly reseting to randomly placed windows every time you login is still happening but it seems it is related to the game not staying in Full screen. Idk why it doesn't remember this setting either but it "snaps back" to the layout i setup when i go in to full screen mode.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I hate that I am getting excited for this server to open because I truly hate the FTE that is being forced on us, but I am fucking getting excited for this server to open. The thing is though, I am not excited about the server rules. I am excited purely because of EverQuest classic era. I always enjoy EverQuest before any expansions open. It's my nostalgia button that hits straight at the heart. I really hope FTE isn't the shit storm I expect it to be.

• 1Like

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I hate that I am getting excited for this server to open because I truly hate the FTE that is being forced on us, but I am fucking getting excited for this server to open. The thing is though, I am not excited about the server rules. I am excited purely because of EverQuest classic era. I always enjoy EverQuest before any expansions open. It's my nostalgia button that hits straight at the heart. I really hope FTE isn't the shit storm I expect it to be.

Same!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have a reliable link to current ZEM's?

Does this still seem accurate?

What Yerm said. Off the top of my head, good zones for ZEM vs difficulty, in level order:

Classic:
-Befallen
-Unrest
-Sol A
-Lower Guk and Sol B
-OoT and Hole

Kunark:
-Dalnir
-Chardok

Velious:
-TOFS
-Velks

Luclin:
-Grieg's End
-Ssra Temple

PoP:
-PoNightmare
-Crypt of Decay
-PoFire

GoD:
-Riwwi
-Vxed
-Kod'Taz and Yxxta

OoW:
-Bloodfields
-Muramite Proving Grounds

• 1Like

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
You guys not excited about the rules because they're too modest and other stuff has been better? I agree that FTE challenges a lot of mechanics - but things like potential for another loot item, increased aa, increased xp, dont seem too bad? I know the ratio isn't super out there but 25% is at least something?

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You guys not excited about the rules because they're too modest and other stuff has been better? I agree that FTE challenges a lot of mechanics - but things like potential for another loot item, increased aa, increased xp, dont seem too bad? I know the ratio isn't super out there but 25% is at least something?

For me, it's just the FTE thing.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
The server rules (except for FTE) are interesting after you get a number of expansions down the road. It's the classic era that doesn't really have anything interesting, and that's the part of the game I like the most.

And, while I am an altaholic, the experience bonus for maxed level characters on same account is so poorly implemented that it's pretty much useless even for someone like myself. Altaholics like myself don't play one character up to max level and then make another alt. We make a ton of alts and level them all at the same time generally. Therefore, the experience bonus won't matter for altaholics like me. By the time we start getting a decent experience bonus for max level characters, the next expansion will open, and that will erase all of the experience bonuses.

They could do a much better job of selling this server if they changed how the bonus experience is earned and didn't erase it the second each expansion opens up.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hopefully this server has the same person that accidentally gives away 20 Krono in EC tunnel and spams auction for 1 month asking for it back.

• 1Worf

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So yeah I am once again asking about actual classic experience?

Is p99 or some other private server the only classic eq gameplay experience out there?