EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
How would you guys compare Oakwynd to Yelinak? I played on Yelinak for like the first 2 months or so and it was pretty casual. The "top guild" pretty much just did raids during scheduled times and the leadership hadn't played EQ in a long time, I think I remember them being a group that came over from EQ2. It's hard for me to imagine Oakwynd being more casual then that but it kinda sounds like it might be.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
It's hard to imagine Yelinak being worse when Oakwynd has a guild full of people happily announcing that they are from p99.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Take a drink every time someone says something completely and utterly wrong but does so with unshakeable confidence.

What's going to cause me to completely freak out are all the people rolling on shit for their Nth alt. I get wanting all the best gear but people are being selfish pigs over anything that pops up in the loot window whether it makes sense or not. I'm having fucking flashbacks to playing DnD when I was 12.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Take a drink every time someone says something completely and utterly wrong but does so with unshakeable confidence.

What's going to cause me to completely freak out are all the people rolling on shit for their Nth alt. I get wanting all the best gear but people are being selfish pigs over anything that pops up in the loot window whether it makes sense or not. I'm having fucking flashbacks to playing DnD when I was 12.
Yeah I was wondering how much the heirloom / character lockouts are diluting the gear pool. Seems like initially it'll be pretty bad, but might clear up when the server matures and anyone who actually plays their 5 alts will be able to rotate gear as they keep them leveled.

Joining a luclin group with a guy leveling his third monk that is decked out in normally no-drop BiS velious raid gear would make getting geared and leveled pretty easy.

Last edited:

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
How would you guys compare Oakwynd to Yelinak? I played on Yelinak for like the first 2 months or so and it was pretty casual. The "top guild" pretty much just did raids during scheduled times and the leadership hadn't played EQ in a long time, I think I remember them being a group that came over from EQ2. It's hard for me to imagine Oakwynd being more casual then that but it kinda sounds like it might be.

I'm level 42 currently

Have yet to really have any memorable bad encounters with anyone that were organic.

Never had a single mob stolen from me and everyones played really nice.

Server is extremely enjoyable and the people seem decent.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's kinda different/interesting not getting trains dumped on you in Unrest, stuff just walks by on the way back.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
So far the main thing FTE has changed is that the camp lines have blurred and in some cases vanished. You can sit in the back yard in unrest and basically pull the entire zone without worrying about them sticking to other groups or the other pullers taking your mobs. For someone with an unfair advantage (eyes) they can essentially lock down all of the xp mobs from anywhere they're willing to run from. The only extra thing that comes with the pulls now are the pullers of other groups who follow the pull to /rude the group. Hey, you guys asked for this shit, not us. lol

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
I heard another guild used its batphone from a previous server to ask people to come play on Oakwynd. Desperate times.
You're right, because opting into something and staying in voluntarily into something where you had years to opt out of or delete is exactly like getting openly randomly solicited by people you don't know at all. You are comparing like random junkmail you'd get from your favorite MLB team for half priced tickets or a special promotion geared towards something you've done and liked in the past vs some Nigerian spam caller "How are you doing my friend...my name is John".

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Only issue I’ve had is the charm pet window being weird and not going away when charm breaks (FTE side effect evidently). Not having trains dropped on you is nice.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
You're right, because opting into something and staying in voluntarily into something where you had years to opt out of or delete is exactly like getting openly randomly solicited by people you don't know at all. You are comparing like random junkmail you'd get from your favorite MLB team for half priced tickets or a special promotion geared towards something you've done and liked in the past vs some Nigerian spam caller "How are you doing my friend...my name is John".
So why'd you bat phone a bunch of people from an older discord?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
So why'd you bat phone a bunch of people from an older discord?
Batphone from people who opt'ed in another batphone? I dunno, some people who opted in might wanna know who still have the app installed. "Hello my buddy friend, send me $50 target giftcard and I will send you $1million USD and promise you the world". See when you form up alliances and friendships with people in EQ the best way to reach out to those people is go through past interactions and way they interacted in the past. Randomly putting in general chat for recruiting and PM'ing people you don't know is a better option? Good to know. Some take a more "realistic" approach on recruiting and some have a smooth brained mongoloid way of recruiting...lets cast as WIDE Of a net as possible with spam copy pasta lines to PM dozens of people you have had zero interaction with in the past is a terrible look, just reeks of (as the kids would say) cringe and desperation. But somehow reaching out to people you've played with in previous years and common applications that were used with said people is equally as bad? Good to know.....the more you know
1685648691506.png

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Send someone a tell in a multiplayer game that’s 50% chat room = Nigerian Scammer
Send message to someone’s phone for a guild that ceased to exist over a year ago = friendly interaction.

Are you retarded?

• 2Like
  • 2Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
Send someone a tell in a multiplayer game that’s 50% chat room = Nigerian Scammer
Send message to someone’s phone for a guild that ceased to exist over a year ago = friendly interaction.

Are you retarded?
Sending a message to a friend you've known for years and played with = friendly interaction
Randomly phishing general chat and sending out copy pasta's to people you have ZERO history with = Nigerian Scammer

The fact that I have to explain how cringe and odd sending copy pastas out to random people you have no gaming history with what-so-ever who are already guilded maybe I should be asking YOU if you are on the spectrum if you think that's normal...holy fucking shit. Is this the current state of gaming where you just PM and entire zone and search guild names and do the same shtick? Just stay in general chat like all the other heathenistic mass recruiting destitute bums out there that is WAY less awkward and autistic for sure. Bunch of corky's over here.

You are malding at your old age Zaide, getting body bagged on the race to 50 then throwing all your "friends" under the bus for being shit for the dozens of people to watch. I can see the lack of social skills oozing from you. Not a good look friend, here is a social tip...keep that stuff private and hold your frustrations to yourself then rip them a new one offstream...people social climb for years to try and get into race groups with you. To just get thrown to the wolves like that and cut down in one fell swoop is demoralizing to your loyal viewerbase and future donations to your charities. I always saw you in a more positive light but this server...true colors shining real bright this go around.

1685652186163.png

1685651851017.png

Last edited:
  • 1Imbecile
  • 1Salty
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Oh man, "I need X loot for when I start a Baby Druid" people are insufferable in the best of times and now we'll have a whole server full of them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

That you Vicious?