EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
To add to the many analogies...

Getting the bat phone that was dormant is like a colleague you knew a few years ago showing up at your door, versus a chat channel being like a flier arriving in your mailbox. One's much more intrusive and desperate even if you have some background together.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
That you Vicious?
1685664071086.png

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
To add to the many analogies...

Getting the bat phone that was dormant is like a colleague you knew a few years ago showing up at your door, versus a chat channel being like a flier arriving in your mailbox. One's much more intrusive and desperate even if you have some background together.
I agree, taking ads out in the penny saver and cold calling for minimum wage work with mental morons with no TLP experience vs someone offering a similar position you enjoyed in the past is much more desperate

Last edited:

DickTrickle

I agree, taking ads out in the penny saver and cold calling for minimum wage work with mental morons with no TLP experience vs someone offering a similar position you enjoyed in the past is much more desperate
If you were such good pals with the bat phone folks and really wanted their valuable skill set, why didn't they already know and were invited long before launch?

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
But if you REALLY can't figure it out. People who stay subscribed to a service (any service for that matter) either have an "A+ would do biz with again" mentality or "Ooops, I need to unsubscribe..that notifcation bothers me...time to delete it". Implying that people detest and wouldn't want to be "in that service" ever again and think its intrusive is insulting to the people who are indifferent because its their own destiny to "use the unsubscribe button" to no longer get these annoying notifications from people they don't care for anymore and would never want to do biz with again.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
But if you REALLY can't figure it out. People who stay subscribed to a service (any service for that matter) either have an "A+ would do biz with again" mentality or "Ooops, I need to unsubscribe..that notifcation bothers me...time to delete it". Implying that people detest and wouldn't want to be "in that service" ever again and think its intrusive is insulting to the people who are indifferent because its their own destiny to "use the unsubscribe button" to no longer get these annoying notifications from people they don't care for anymore and would never want to do biz with again.
Have you ever tried to get mayonnaise out of your VCR, with a butter knife?

DickTrickle

Hey, in all seriousness, whatever it takes to help your guild survive. Whether that's the typical post-PoP transition or days after server launch, you gotta do what ya gotta do.

• 2Worf

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Oh man, "I need X loot for when I start a Baby Druid" people are insufferable in the best of times and now we'll have a whole server full of them.
I'm only L40 and have done grouping essentially in Guk, but so far everyone is really chill about loot.
Everyone need rolls everything, but checks with the group to see if anyone would use something and bows out if one of the groupies would wear an item.
I've seen 3 instances where Enameled Black Chestplate and other decent items in Guk are handed by a winner to a plate user in the group.

this is my first TLP, and first time playing in 20 yrs, so i'd defer knowledge of the community to you guys, but I think there's a lot of "this server is gonna be X" or "oh man there's gonna be so much Y" based one an anecdotal comment or a concept taken to the extreme.

I'm sure that attitude exists, and I'm certainly not in the cream of the crop or competing for anything worthwhile, but i havent seen it yet.
I've grouped with lots of really good players (of course I'm comparing to the average player 20 yrs ago, so most of these people have had practice), and nearly half have ended up on a friends list and regrouped regularly.

the most common antisocial behavior I've seen is someone 3 boxing refusing to join 2 spots in a group and hold dibs on the next replacement, or something like that... usually people that just dont want to play with others, but have to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sending a message to a friend you've known for years and played with = friendly interaction
Randomly phishing general chat and sending out copy pasta's to people you have ZERO history with = Nigerian Scammer

The fact that I have to explain how cringe and odd sending copy pastas out to random people you have no gaming history with what-so-ever who are already guilded maybe I should be asking YOU if you are on the spectrum if you think that's normal...holy fucking shit. Is this the current state of gaming where you just PM and entire zone and search guild names and do the same shtick? Just stay in general chat like all the other heathenistic mass recruiting destitute bums out there that is WAY less awkward and autistic for sure. Bunch of corky's over here.

You are malding at your old age Zaide, getting body bagged on the race to 50 then throwing all your "friends" under the bus for being shit for the dozens of people to watch. I can see the lack of social skills oozing from you. Not a good look friend, here is a social tip...keep that stuff private and hold your frustrations to yourself then rip them a new one offstream...people social climb for years to try and get into race groups with you. To just get thrown to the wolves like that and cut down in one fell swoop is demoralizing to your loyal viewerbase and future donations to your charities. I always saw you in a more positive light but this server...true colors shining real bright this go around.
giphy.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Congrats to the Roosters, the true Premier Raiding Guild currently on Oakwind...often imitated...never duplicated. I wish I got a PM from my future guild leader on the Roosters Roster :(

Crazy how this sperg out makes you look way more retarded than if you had just answered "Yes" when he asked

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
Crazy how this sperg out makes you look way more retarded than if you had just answered "Yes" when he asked
Nobody from the golden roosters reached out to me though...it was another guild. I think the roosters had members from previous TLP's and were way more established and had members from years back to set a good "core" of people so they didn't need to spam PM or put our general chat recruitment messages.

1685679454254.png

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
No, while FTE and MoM were standing off in ow fear we just picked and farmed more armor while FTE killed him. Don't see him being an issue though. Killed the bees first pull (barely) and then Eye.

Only wipe I think they have had was first pull of Inny and there may have been some lag involved, or so healers claimed.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Server is fun so far. FTE can be annoying at times, when you waste mana on a mob. Trains are funny now. It is like a Buffet. You just pick whatever you want out of the train, when they walk back. They dont social aggro when returning.

As a casual the Server is fine so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user