EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Server is fun so far. FTE can be annoying at times, when you waste mana on a mob. Trains are funny now. It is like a Buffet. You just pick whatever you want out of the train, when they walk back. They dont social aggro when returning.

As a casual the Server is fine so far.
Wait, what? You could have an oog monk pull a group with named and then pick the named out after he flops and no adds?

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Ridas

Pay to play forum
That was my experience in unrest at least. While waiting for a group I would just pick out mobs from returning trains to get exp.

• 1Weird Boner

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Congrats to the Roosters, the true Premier Raiding Guild currently on Oakwind...often imitated...never duplicated. I wish I got a PM from my future guild leader on the Roosters Roster :(

This guy talks like a fag, and his shit's all retarded

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
im casual, and gotta say of the PUGs im having, its 50 percent first time TLP players, someone who did a TLP once a while ago or P99 guys, this isnt the normal sperg militia

• 1Like

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
That’s a fast EoV kill. Have they done CT yet?
It's been about 8 days or so hasn't it? I guess compared to most servers it's relatively quick.

I'm surprised no one on the last few servers have done classic in 4 days yet. You could theoretically clear all of classic in 3 days if you had 72 really go hard dedicated people that could all get 46+ in 40ish hours, but a more realistic classic complete timeline is 4 days assuming you give 3 days to level and the server launch is smooth, which it has been for mischief/yelinak/oakwynd. Classic only takes about 15 hours +/- 3 hours for a naked launch guild to complete, that's including fully keying your entire raid up through sky and killing every raid boss in classic.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
TGR were a Mangler dz guild that never really competed for server firsts from what I recall of my time on Mangler, I wasn't with them (was in BT) but going through the progression site they were typically 3rd or 4th guild to clear expacs and outlasted many flash in the pan guilds, including Bloodthirst.

On this server the firsts were there for the taking by FTE but whatever happened happened and they split in 2 which most likely hindered their progress. TGR swooped in while the 2 split guilds were recovering and rebuilding and sniped a couple of server firsts.

You and Zaide's records whatever they are worth are most likely safe on this server.

If Relentless Insomnia pull their fingers out and don't fade away or implode then Kunark, Velious, Luclin etc will probably belong to them. Not sure what they are doing, first they were going to be an Ogre tribute guild, then they just wanted to be as toxic as fuck to "convince" DPG that FTE was a huge mistake, not sure that's going to happen though. Seeing as they couldn't seem to decide I noped out and joined TGR2 before launch so no idea what their plans are now. I wish them luck if they want to relive their BT glory days, gonna be doing it without me though, I'm getting too old for all this batphone shit.

TGR leader's philosophy seems to be aiming to be the premier dz guild, with the thinnest splits and best geared characters. Any server firsts that get left on the table will be swooped on though. I found a solid guild and intend to ride as far as I can also tired of server and guild hopping.

1685691401983.png

TLDR: I don't think enough people have enough fucks to give to race for records on this server.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
This guy talks like a fag, and his shit's all retarded
Not sure, never heard the guild leader of TGR on discord...wish him the best. I wouldn't say "his shit's all retarded" they just got EoV down so they are doing something right.

Last edited:
  • 2Moron
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
If Relentless Insomnia pull their fingers out and don't fade away or implode then Kunark, Velious, Luclin etc will probably belong to them.

TLDR: I don't think enough people have enough fucks to give to race for records on this server.

I've never cared if guilds beat the TEB records on future servers, the Aradune records were made to be beaten. The hope was that people would beat them. I'm surprised actually that they haven't been yet.

There was always 4 primary goals of each expansion launch in TEB for classic-pop and clearing the content as fast as we possibly could was not one of them. First goal was to win the expansion, second goal beat the current record, third goal was get as many people in to the end raid zone as possible, and 4th goal was to take enough time doing it without jeopardizing goals 1 and 2, where the record could be realistically beaten without major changes to an expansion. Anyone who was in the primary race raid for several expansions knows this.

For example in kunark, we finished keying 24 people in the first 48 hours and the record at the time was 100 i believe, we waited until 72 hours to finish the expansion.
Velious we finished 31 ST keys and had cleared all necessary raid mobs outside of ST in 5 hours, the record was 20ish. Since we had so much extra time, we spent another 5 hours just to get like 15 or so more keys just to make more people happy to be in the first ST clear.
Luclin, under the old VT keying system, we were rdy to have finished inside 24 hours instead of the 35.
PoP, the record posted was 52 and we were rdy for Time in 32 hours. Thinking we had 20 hours to finish, we made decisions based accordingly to that and knowing future expansions under the new keying system should be able to finish in 30 hours or less decided to keep pushing instead of taking a 6-7 hour sleep break. People choose to forget that storms key drops were bugged for the first 6 hours on aradune, so we keyed the same way we would have done prior to the storms key change.

So every expansion classic-pop can easily be beaten wayyy faster than what our official times were.

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
I've never cared if guilds beat the TEB records on future servers, the Aradune records were made to be beaten. The hope was that people would beat them. I'm surprised actually that they haven't been yet.

There was always 4 primary goals of each expansion launch in TEB for classic-pop and clearing the content as fast as we possibly could was not one of them. First goal was to win the expansion, second goal beat the current record, third goal was get as many people in to the end raid zone as possible, and 4th goal was to take enough time doing it without jeopardizing goals 1 and 2, where the record could be realistically beaten without major changes to an expansion. Anyone who was in the primary race raid for several expansions knows this.

For example in kunark, we finished keying 24 people in the first 48 hours and the record at the time was 100 i believe, we waited until 72 hours to finish the expansion.
Velious we finished 31 ST keys and had cleared all necessary raid mobs outside of ST in 5 hours, the record was 20ish. Since we had so much extra time, we spent another 5 hours just to get like 15 or so more keys just to make more people happy to be in the first ST clear.
Luclin, under the old VT keying system, we were rdy to have finished inside 24 hours instead of the 35.
PoP, the record posted was 52 and we were rdy for Time in 32 hours. Thinking we had 20 hours to finish, we made decisions based accordingly to that and knowing future expansions under the new keying system should be able to finish in 30 hours or less decided to keep pushing instead of taking a 6-7 hour sleep break. People choose to forget that storms key drops were bugged for the first 6 hours on aradune, so we keyed the same way we would have done prior to the storms key change.

So every expansion classic-pop can easily be beaten wayyy faster than what our official times were.
I agree, one small adjustment to VP key farming, exp rate (faster) will just nullify anything done previous thats what makes record chasing a little funny overall. Servers like Corinav had SLOW exp while others like Agnarr had FAST exp so comparing the two clear times its apples an oranges and its funny for people to compare servers like that because even something as small as a 25% higher exp rate changes the ENTIRE server. Only thing people can really focus is on the server people are currently play on and no doubt TEQ took care of biz on the ole 'Dune.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider

You seem to be missing the point where pretty much nobody on the server knows what those records are, or where to find them, or cares enough to try to beat them.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
You seem to be missing the point where pretty much nobody on the server knows what those records are, or where to find them, or cares enough to try to beat them.
I wouldn't say all that, there was still a pissing match for whom got level 50 first and we all know who won and lost that. BUT to your point in regards to raid clear records over the course of the last couple TLP's i'd say your spot on. Really comes down to "wanting" to break the record, very few try mostly because of the variables of the server. Is it record worthy if someone actually broke a Kunark record on Brokewind considering the following variables of the new FTE mechanic, very possible future "more casual friendly" changes and how DZ's behave along with heirloomed gear and alt/server bonuses. Its a damned if you do damned if you don't situation, if you break the record on brokewind I am sure there will be backtalk about how said server wasn't a direct Mirror of specific server X but if you don't break the record they can feel a sense of accomplishment yet again for another year and "they are the best"..."look at us being the best...bow down....I am God at EverQuest...everyone should know my name".

Last edited:

AtabishiRetired

Peasant

Just because you don't care and people you play with don't care doesn't mean there aren't some that do. While the community of people who care about the records may be a niche small community, it's still a community of people. It was definitely much larger from phinny-aradune than it is now, but it does still exist in some capacity. I have been told by several people that the records were definitely brought up in the guilds racing to get server first since Aradune, like when Resurgence did Luclin and only failed to beat the record by 1 hour.

Unfortunately a lot of the people who did care about the records stopped caring after Zaide was petty enough to delegitimize something he at least cared enough about to keep track of and be a moderator of, by adding a special ruleset servers time (Selos) years after it was done just so that TEB couldn't get 100% complete, when non-clasic start special ruleset servers hadn't been added there since phinny launched. A general understood rule in the gaming speedrun community is that you can't "sit" on runs to submit them years later. Makes things pointless when people know that if they plan accordingly for a certain hour benchmark, that something years prior could be added just so they don't get top spot. Everyone knows that if 45h was posted there before hand, TEB would have had no problem with planning accordingly to easily beat it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Unfortunately a lot of the people who did care about the records stopped caring after Zaide was petty enough to delegitimize something

So Zaide screwed your guild by placing the rival of his guild in the top spot? The one where they were in a hilarious month long Ice T meme war with?

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's been about 8 days or so hasn't it? I guess compared to most servers it's relatively quick.

I'm surprised no one on the last few servers have done classic in 4 days yet. You could theoretically clear all of classic in 3 days if you had 72 really go hard dedicated people that could all get 46+ in 40ish hours, but a more realistic classic complete timeline is 4 days assuming you give 3 days to level and the server launch is smooth, which it has been for mischief/yelinak/oakwynd. Classic only takes about 15 hours +/- 3 hours for a naked launch guild to complete, that's including fully keying your entire raid up through sky and killing every raid boss in classic.
It’s the second fastest (not counting Mischief) EoV kill ever; which I think qualifies as pretty fast.

It’s tempered by the lack of a CT kill though, so their full classic clear will be third place at best whenever FTE gets Eye or GR gets CT.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I agree, one small adjustment to VP key farming, exp rate (faster) will just nullify anything done previous thats what makes record chasing a little funny overall. Servers like Corinav had SLOW exp while others like Agnarr had FAST exp so comparing the two clear times its apples an oranges and its funny for people to compare servers like that because even something as small as a 25% higher exp rate changes the ENTIRE server. Only thing people can really focus is on the server people are currently play on and no doubt TEQ took care of biz on the ole 'Dune.
Agnarr had standard tlp exp. Selo was the fast exp server.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Just because you don't care and people you play with don't care doesn't mean there aren't some that do. While the community of people who care about the records may be a niche small community, it's still a community of people. It was definitely much larger from phinny-aradune than it is now, but it does still exist in some capacity. I have been told by several people that the records were definitely brought up in the guilds racing to get server first since Aradune, like when Resurgence did Luclin and only failed to beat the record by 1 hour.

Unfortunately a lot of the people who did care about the records stopped caring after Zaide was petty enough to delegitimize something he at least cared enough about to keep track of and be a moderator of, by adding a special ruleset servers time (Selos) years after it was done just so that TEB couldn't get 100% complete, when non-clasic start special ruleset servers hadn't been added there since phinny launched. A general understood rule in the gaming speedrun community is that you can't "sit" on runs to submit them years later. Makes things pointless when people know that if they plan accordingly for a certain hour benchmark, that something years prior could be added just so they don't get top spot. Everyone knows that if 45h was posted there before hand, TEB would have had no problem with planning accordingly to easily beat it.
The website staff actually say “You should try to accept runs whenever possible, including past runs”

You should go explain the “general understood rule in the gaming speedrun community” to the speedrunning community so they can fix that guidance.

• 1Worf

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
The website staff actually say “You should try to accept runs whenever possible, including past runs”

You should go explain the “general understood rule in the gaming speedrun community” to the speedrunning community so they can fix that guidance.

Google searching that quote brought up no results.
Not to beat a dead horse from years ago, but when I looked it up back on Aradune, many sites that track spreedruns, not just speedrun.com, encourage adding old times in order to fill a leaderboard that is otherwise empty for a game as long as they were publicly posted somewhere as speedruns. For example you want to start a leaderboard for a game that doesn't currently have one but has run times posted on something else. There is no "rule" on a statute of limitations in a run submission, but it's pretty easy to browse the forums searching the topic that the community generally frowns upon it unless it for the case above. The actual general rules regarding run submissions on speedrun.com are left up to the community consensus of that game, not the moderator.

The fact that it was years old isn't even really the main point, it's the fact that to my knowledge it's the only non-classic server start to appear on there, and is also the only special ruleset server to appear on there since phinny launch. You played on selos, you knew what their time was. If you were adamant about it being on there, you would have posted it there at the time it happened. If you were adamant about the site having the most up to date time and about being a good moderator, you would have made sure it was posted on there prior to the PoP launch on Aradune considering you were fully aware that we were going for the record and were only shooting for a time under what was currently posted, 52h. It's only there because you saw an easy opportunity after the fact to stop TEB from getting the final record, and you know that's true. If you don't think it's true, then you'd have to admit that you are a poor moderator and your decision to not keep it up to date has caused discrepancies in the runs, and maybe should leave it to some one who will keep it up to date.
You know that just like anyone else, if it was posted there prior that it would have easily been beaten by TEB. Lol to make things even worse, the fact that given the context of selos ruleset and what happened there with PoP launch, that should have been a sub 24 hour run. 45h is insultingly slow for that server.
To me it sounds like you violated a few moderator rules such as remaining impartial in the treatment of community members, and no preferential treatment of any type.

Last edited: