EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
This guy talks like a fag, and his shit's all retarded

Bring It Fight GIF by Idiocracy
idiocracy GIF

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
So Zaide screwed your guild by placing the rival of his guild in the top spot? The one where they were in a hilarious month long Ice T meme war with?

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity
I miss the Ice T wars. Someone bring it back.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Google searching that quote brought up no results.
Not to beat a dead horse from years ago, but when I looked it up back on Aradune, many sites that track spreedruns, not just speedrun.com, encourage adding old times in order to fill a leaderboard that is otherwise empty for a game as long as they were publicly posted somewhere as speedruns. For example you want to start a leaderboard for a game that doesn't currently have one but has run times posted on something else. There is no "rule" on a statute of limitations in a run submission, but it's pretty easy to browse the forums searching the topic that the community generally frowns upon it unless it for the case above. The actual general rules regarding run submissions on speedrun.com are left up to the community consensus of that game, not the moderator.

The fact that it was years old isn't even really the main point, it's the fact that to my knowledge it's the only non-classic server start to appear on there, and is also the only special ruleset server to appear on there since phinny launch. You played on selos, you knew what their time was. If you were adamant about it being on there, you would have posted it there at the time it happened. If you were adamant about the site having the most up to date time and about being a good moderator, you would have made sure it was posted on there prior to the PoP launch on Aradune considering you were fully aware that we were going for the record and were only shooting for a time under what was currently posted, 52h. It's only there because you saw an easy opportunity after the fact to stop TEB from getting the final record, and you know that's true. If you don't think it's true, then you'd have to admit that you are a poor moderator and your decision to not keep it up to date has caused discrepancies in the runs, and maybe should leave it to some one who will keep it up to date.
You know that just like anyone else, if it was posted there prior that it would have easily been beaten by TEB. Lol to make things even worse, the fact that given the context of selos ruleset and what happened there with PoP launch, that should have been a sub 24 hour run. 45h is insultingly slow for that server.
To me it sounds like you violated a few moderator rules such as remaining impartial in the treatment of community members, and no preferential treatment of any type.
It’s the responsibility of the runner to submit the run. It’s not the responsibility of the moderators to monitor all potential runs and then submit the runs themselves. Moderators can independently submit runs if they’re brought to our attention such as in this case, but it’s not required in any way.

I didn’t play on Selo during PoP. Amtraks time was brought up to me many times after you completed PoP because you talked so much about your time and people love to correct someone on the internet when they’re wrong.

Also, try doing it as fast as you can next time :)

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The website staff actually say “You should try to accept runs whenever possible, including past runs”

You should go explain the “general understood rule in the gaming speedrun community” to the speedrunning community so they can fix that guidance.
Nobody should ever talk to or interact with the 'gaming speedrun community' in any way.

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boy the last page in this thread has turned into a spicy meatball. Got everything from the classic autistic(whoever this choker idiot is), to atabishi talking about his QB days in high school(Go Polk High!).

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
It’s the responsibility of the runner to submit the run. It’s not the responsibility of the moderators to monitor all potential runs and then submit the runs themselves. Moderators can independently submit runs if they’re brought to our attention such as in this case, but it’s not required in any way.

I didn’t play on Selo during PoP. Amtraks time was brought up to me many times after you completed PoP because you talked so much about your time and people love to correct someone on the internet when they’re wrong.

Also, try doing it as fast as you can next time :)

lol so you're going with the excuse that you was never aware of when amtrak completed pop and it's not your responsibility, and didn't intentionally add a special ruleset server because of personal vendetta that took twice the amount of time to finish than it should have taken. I smell fish.

I'd like to submit some miragul times to go on there under the same category as the rest of the servers.

Hey, i mean don't ever blame me for no one caring about that stuff anymore. I promoted it as much as I could back then, and still do to this day to some extent when new servers launch (why I even post about it each server launch to try and piss some people off enough to try and break a record out of spite). I managed to get 100's of people caring and hyped about eq raid speedrunning in TEB throughout classic-pop. You were the one that made the choice to make a joke of and destroy the leaderboard you started and the very thing you moderate in the same very server that 100's of people even realized that there is an EQ section on speedrun.com.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Zaide: "Hey man, you should submit some past clear times you made!"

Atabishi:

asr.png

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If I could start this server over and it were up to me FTE woulda played it a lot more similar to roosters - more time spent focusing on fear/hate armor farms and sky keys.

We brute forced our way through CT and draco but it's a mess for sure, and I'm not actually sure it would be possible with our current lack of gear to do it clean without caster bind zerging on draco. Just too many people in banded and other trash still that even celestial pots can't really cover it.

Most/all of the actual leaders still have p99 brain where they think this stuff can just be rolled over with big DPS, but that's just not the case here. I suspect bees will be a hilarious mess on our first try, mostly cause they keep just nervously laughing/think I'm joking when I tell them the queen bee hits for ~1800 and can't really be tanked reliably.

• 1Solidarity

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the population is fine. Much better than some anticipated!

Business is good, people are happy, kronos be flowin~

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
lol so you're going with the excuse that you was never aware of when amtrak completed pop and it's not your responsibility, and didn't intentionally add a special ruleset server because of personal vendetta that took twice the amount of time to finish than it should have taken. I smell fish.

I'd like to submit some miragul times to go on there under the same category as the rest of the servers.

Hey, i mean don't ever blame me for no one caring about that stuff anymore. I promoted it as much as I could back then, and still do to this day to some extent when new servers launch (why I even post about it each server launch to try and piss some people off enough to try and break a record out of spite). I managed to get 100's of people caring and hyped about eq raid speedrunning in TEB throughout classic-pop. You were the one that made the choice to make a joke of and destroy the leaderboard you started and the very thing you moderate in the same very server that 100's of people even realized that there is an EQ section on speedrun.com.
You're saying I should be aware of Amtraks time when you were in Amtrak. You cared about the PoP timer, you were in the guild that beat you, you should have known better, try again next year or maybe just keep crying for three more years.

The rules are clearly listed in every category, here is PoPs.
"The timer starts the moment the expansion opens and ends once Quarm has been slain. Runs done while The Planes of Power is not the current latest expansion on the server are not eligible for consideration."

Selo has no special advantage over previous servers with times on that board. If anything PoP was harder on Selo since they had vastly less time to gear, farm clickies, work tradeskills, and organize guilds / launch plans.

No amount of crying you do is ever going to change the fact that you weren't the fastest PoP clear. But the good thing is, no one cares and no one has ever cared.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Agnarr was faster than Coirnav and Phinny but slower than Ragefire and Lockjaw which were slow than Sleeper and Combine. Going forward Agnarr became the standard.

• 1Solidarity

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
Agnarr was faster than Coirnav and Phinny but slower than Ragefire and Lockjaw which were slow than Sleeper and Combine. Going forward Agnarr became the standard.
Ever SINCE Agnarr server launched it's become the "standard" exp rate (even though AT THE TIME it wasn't)...so it be known and so it be decreed between all of us important EQ players here. Is this the same council who came up with the EQ raid race records making said decree?

Last edited: