EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
FTE has some peculiar rules, which just adds to the info gap between the 'haves' and 'have-nots'. The funny part is it doesn't really stop what it purports to solve, other than inadvertent training. PLing is intact and in fact is probably more disruptive to the zone (puller is /ying every mob in his pull).
I think when FTE is broken like that it turns into a normal dps race for 51% or something?
The intention is that if something attacks you, you will be able to respond. There is some specific weirdness around rares though, with PLers noticing that rare mobs would poof when unlocked and raced. Leveled two characters from 1-50 the first weekend and we had one situation where we were racing a mage box army for a spawn. The rest of the time it was pretty un-intrusive other than the fact that we pulled the entire zone and we didn't have to worry about other people pulling through our camp.

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
I think when FTE is broken...
Too late, they already are. `Bishi kicking the crap out of Navy Seals and Seal Team getting bodybagged on Oakwynd...not a good time to be a Navy seal when it comes to EverQuest

Last edited:
  • 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
In general it's fine. You can't really get trained and it's nice knowing that some boxer can't take anything you got the first hit on but I find it very frustrating not being able to provide help casually.

Agree with this and what G Greyman stated. A few jerks ... being autistic jerks. Nothing off spectrum yet for a TLP launch or any other mmo.

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
In Oakwynd related news RI neglected to loot a Vox belt in favor of donating it to the local Goblin hunting population as they laughed through the night. Confirmed Robinhoods of Oakwynd
BrokeWynd.jpg

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol I've missed you joker.

I'll eventually level and take part in the shenanigans.

• 1Like

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
In Oakwynd news, FTE (the guild) tried Seal Team tactics only Jessie the Body Ventura would be proud of on a prime time Naggy...they sadly didn't work and ended up getting beat worse than the 3 that Bishi slapped down in a barfight. 7 day head start and 200+ members not enough of a headstart for a PREMIER EQ OW GUILD. Next TLP I am sure time the paths cross on a future TLP (i.e probably never) I am sure a larger headstart will be "planned" to compensate. It is also confirmed that contested DKP was given out for the kill, I wonder if participation trophy DKP was given out as well for the opposing side.

Last edited:
  • 1Moron

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
Skimmed through the podcast to hear Kegadin's favorite group was a 1hour group that gelled together well on Selos. That is awesome to hear that someone can have a fun time impromptu static group. Way better than having a terrible time and putting group mates on blast for dozens to see for being REALLY bad amirite?

• 1Moron

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Zaide's broken this man to the point where he's putting in full time work hours crying about it

• 1Picard

Xevy

Log Wizard
This is why we have ignore. I keep thinking something worth reading is happening and it's just sad shitposting.

It's the Chuk Rule.

• 1Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
This is why we have ignore, for the people who got picked on in school who couldn't act socially acceptable and didn't know how to avoid the awkward IRL confrontations i'd get in---my butt still hurts from the atomic wedgies and I have a bald spot on my head from all the swirlees in the urinal. I am acting as if I am not reading this and I will let EVERYONE know that I am not reading it but I can't resist because it's just top quality shitposting.

It's the Cuck Rule.
You are right, I should ignore him

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
For some reason you think this is your personal blog, I guess.

Whoever is making those videos can you guys have a fundraiser for him to get a monitor with a bigger resolution? EQ UI is HIV positive enough without going full-blown AIDS like that guy has it.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is why we have ignore. I keep thinking something worth reading is happening and it's just sad shitposting.

It's the Chuk Rule.

I dunno what it is. I wanted to say Mr.Sox's twin, but this retard is actually playing a game. I am not sure if its just some lonely guy with no one to talk to. So he is just screaming for attention. Or its all troll job by someone even more crazy than some of the crazies we have had.

Man EQ sure does attract some of the most autistic/crazy people I have seen. At least when it comes to video games.

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
I dunno what it is. I wanted to say Mr.Sox's twin, but this guy is actually playing a game and clearly winning with all the responses here. I am not sure if its just some lonely guy with no one to talk to or is he talking with 30 guildmates, handling IRL work, watching YouTube, Giving it the Twist, Winning MMR in actual Multiplayer Games, Checking in on Sports scores Texting the Girlfriend---it is amazing how many dogs can be walked on a forum in a thread where only 3-4 people play on the server but dozens of unique accounts come up to reply to shitposting on it...how does HE DO IT? Is it 10% luck..20% skill...15% concentrated power of will...5% pleasure and 50% pain and 100% to remember the name?

Man EQ sure does attract some of the most autistic/crazy people I have seen. At least when it comes to video games.
I agree, what kinda personality type actually "says" they are ignoring someone on a msg board no less.
1686026422803.png

Last edited:
  • 1Moron

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
For some reason you think this is your personal blog, I guess.

Whoever is making those videos can you guys have a fundraiser for him to get a monitor with a bigger resolution? EQ UI is HIV positive enough without going full-blown AIDS like that guy has it.
You see the name in the of whom it is in game, you can send him a msg if you have complaints or are you one of the dozen people on here just replying to shitposting that doesn't even play on the server?

Last edited:
  • 1Moron

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
breaking news GIF by ATTN:

BOY HAVE I GOT THE SCOOP FOR YOU GUYS. GUYS GUYS

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
I scoured a bit here on FoH and I saw a StreetFighter 6 thread. I wonder if I went in there and I talked about how awesome I was at StreetFighter 2 Super Turbo and I could beat the whole arcade 1v1 with just 1 token even though I have zero interest in StreetFighter 6....
1686030696885.png

Last edited:
  • 1Moron
  • 1GreNeg

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
Now for your news action 12 team Oakwynd Media Gem for the day.

Excuse my lack of knowledge of the Oakwynd server and the FTE mechanids surrounding it, but how is an OW raid boss like naggy even contested? Person says in guild chat that it is contested. Wouldn't it just come down to whichever tracker tags it first then runs in a circle preventing naggy from moving, locking it to him for whichever guild they are from to come secure the kill? Don't understand why any raid boss on oakwynd would be contested past the initial trackers who are calling the batphones.

• 1Like

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
Excuse my lack of knowledge of the Oakwynd server and the FTE mechanids surrounding it, but how is an OW raid boss like naggy even contested? Person says in guild chat that it is contested. Wouldn't it just come down to whichever tracker tags it first then runs in a circle preventing naggy from moving, locking it to him for whichever guild they are from to come secure the kill? Don't understand why any raid boss on oakwynd would be contested past the initial trackers who are calling the batphones.
RI likes to keep their shitlording and things they find on the server close to the vest, as you can see FTE and TGR have been on the butt end of some of these newly developed tactics given the visual evidence. But if a `Bishi and Vicious merger is in the works in the near future I am sure something can be worked out

1686031760859.png

Last edited: