EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't mind that the bonus doesn't apply to the previous cap. I mind that your first char only gets you 10%.
first char to max should give 20-25%. Some of the evolving bonuses take too long to evolve as well. 25% loot bonus in kunark, then it doesn’t “evolve” again until TSS? Dumb.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Adventurers perk thing is not okay

Capture.PNG

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Wait until you get combat rezzes and you determine it's better to have a warrior just taunt and die during boss burst dps than it is to try and actually heal through it.

It's pretty great.

Needless

Toe Sucker
adventurers perk on vaniki was pretty funny you couldnt delevel if you wanted to without a necro

I should go back to this and level my lazy ass 26 wizard at some point

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wait until you get combat rezzes and you determine it's better to have a warrior just taunt and die during boss burst dps than it is to try and actually heal through it.

It's pretty great.

Tormax with all your warriors bound directly underneath him should be a hoot

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
adventurers perk on vaniki was pretty funny you couldnt delevel if you wanted to without a necro

I should go back to this and level my lazy ass 26 wizard at some point
You can, but it's a total pain for more than one level or so. Basically need to get to 0% xp, get a shroud, die, then de-shroud and you're at 99.99% of the previous level. Then you repeat for how many levels you want. Annoying as shit tbh!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
For any problems the server and its rules may have I don't miss getting trained even a little bit.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
You can, but it's a total pain for more than one level or so. Basically need to get to 0% xp, get a shroud, die, then de-shroud and you're at 99.99% of the previous level. Then you repeat for how many levels you want. Annoying as shit tbh!
lol thats a pain in the ass

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Don't need to unshroud every level, I just shroud at at my target (40) bound at the soulbinder in CR right in front of some guards, died 50-60 times, unshrouded, was 45 down from 50, reshroud to 40 and died another 60 or so times, unshrouded and was 40, you can't delevel below the shroud.

But then if you were doing it before depths then the needing a necro part would have still been true

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Or Druid’s who bid on the White Dragon Scale

They might need it for their "baby paladin" alt! They'll take that Cloak of Flames too, thanks.

xmod2 xmod2 Whoa, that's the video I recorded. I think that was after we dropped Tormax + Vindi + Statue + AoW but I might be wrong.

Charmed pets did like 90% of the damage and I think our out-of-raid enchanter group got the AoW kill, lul

Last edited:

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
Was leveling nice and slow but having a casual fun time. Got sick and end up in hospital for a week. Why do I get this weird feeling I won't be able to catch up now?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Was leveling nice and slow but having a casual fun time. Got sick and end up in hospital for a week. Why do I get this weird feeling I won't be able to catch up now?
I'm kinda curious how many people are leveling alts on Oakwynd compared to other servers. Whether to try and build up a base for that legacy XP bonus or to run multiple chars through raids.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
People leveling more alts for xp bonus "might" cancel out the mediocre population, server is certainly not dead, but also not popping like Phinny or Mischief.

Gut feeling is that the ratio of real players to Changbots is much lower than previous TLPs, plummeting prices on staples like CGS's GEB's, FBSS etc point toward this being true.

I'm working on my 1st legacy alt slowly between raids, SK #2 twink with a near full set of Umbral (I had bad luck on rolls ok) and a 41% sky belt. Also slowly building my Ranger twink set of fear/sky stuff to level as my 3rd at some point in the future. Then plan to level a Druid as Port/PL bitch on a diff account. I have ideas about leveling chars but remains to be seen if the energy and motivation levels exist to support them.

And for people that need to know who the top dog guild is on the server, at this point it appears that RI is cleaning up the majority of ow targets, TGR is now mostly focused on splitting DZ's. Naggy, Vox and CT have been split so far. Not sure what FTE is up to lately.

Rucket

Golden Knight of the Realm
Seems to me, FTE was doomed to fail since the beginning. Read through an older post when Kindran was calling the guild "Legacy" and hyping it up to be the PREMIER RAIDING GUILD for Oakwynd and he mentioned that Minibar/Barlow was his co-guild leader. This was in the beginning of May. Well, Minibar/Barlow ended up in Pixel Therapy by the time the server launch like 3 weeks later. Just doesn't sound like the promising start to a PREMIER RAIDING GUILD to me.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Majority of guilds in classic era don't exist or have merged by kunark.

In my eyes, velious launch is when the server can be judged whether it's dead or not. The classic 1 month burnout and 2nd month of kunark boredout is such a drastic drop in population that determines whether it's a good or bad server.

I think the loot bonus in kunark might hurt the server more than it helps. You should be able to get geared out extremely fast leaving a lot of people just waiting for velious and kunark is so long to me, playing p99 in kunark for years really makes that expansion tedious to me.

The laziness of not adjusting xp routes each tlp really doesn't help either.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Seems to me, FTE was doomed to fail since the beginning. Read through an older post when Kindran was calling the guild "Legacy" and hyping it up to be the PREMIER RAIDING GUILD for Oakwynd and he mentioned that Minibar/Barlow was his co-guild leader. This was in the beginning of May. Well, Minibar/Barlow ended up in Pixel Therapy by the time the server launch like 3 weeks later. Just doesn't sound like the promising start to a PREMIER RAIDING GUILD to me.

It's a weird guild for sure. There's a decent chunk of TLP vets from previous forms of Faceless/TEB and such in here mostly cause they have an aversion to Mabbu for whatever reason, but it remains to be seen if there's enough of them to drag the p99 boomers across the finish line in to kunark/velious.

After so many fucking years of TLPs it still blows my mind how there are so many people that have never done this shit at all, even down to basic shit like using the goddamn advance loot window.

I did give them the full sky tour finally so they could see just how crazy some mobs can hit with hand of veeshan, so they are starting to get an idea of whats in store for them when trak is finally available.