EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Oakwynd has OoW and DoN combined right? That was a really good call if so. Any other expansions get rolled up?

IMO they also need to do:

PoP+LDoN
DoDH+PoR
TSS+TBS

Basically anything with zero AAs needs to be rolled into something that does have them. Halving the time spent at level 70 is also a good idea.

I think a Mischief 2.0 that combines all of these would definitely be the thing that I'd return for and go all-in with. A little concerned that it'd cannibalize Mischief 1.0 so hopefully by the time of the 25th people are ready for something new regardless. By then Mischief will be (I think) going into Veil of Alaris which is generally a pretty weak time for a server and not the worst time to start over.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
None of these suggestions involves dbg running some racket. Some devs or former devs mass boxing on tlps, sure. A criminal organization? Leave that for tards on the official forums

None?
There's gotta be someone inside running a protection racket, certain crews having immunity regardless of how many reports and how much evidence is present suggest they are greasing the right palms. Probably not a huge insight for people here but it's annoying none the less.

Cracks me up that anybody doesn't realize that certain employees do this to offset the insane cost of living out there working for a shit company that barely pays them anything.
The pilled retardery on this forum eclipses anything I've seen on the official forums.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
None?

The pilled retardery on this forum eclipses anything I've seen on the official forums.

I get that words are hard for you, but neither of those quotes mention the company as a whole and are referring to 1 or a few employees.

If you fucked off, the retardation would be back in line with where it should be

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah when I said "protection racket" I thought it was obvious that I was exaggerating.

Not implying that some kind of international cabal has taken over EQ. Or maybe one has, who knows?

More like a corrupt DMV (oMg FeDerAl EmPlOyee) worker taking kickbacks to give out fake drivers licenses, of course that would never happen.

Easier to believe that people running a dozen or more automated characters in multiple zones 24/7 are passing every GM AFK check than it is to believe that they could be getting their beaks wet in exchange for looking the other way, or at least giving a heads up before they make their rounds.

Atabishi Forgot Password

Silver Squire
Yeah when I said "protection racket" I thought it was obvious that I was exaggerating.

Not implying that some kind of international cabal has taken over EQ. Or maybe one has, who knows?

More like a corrupt DMV (oMg FeDerAl EmPlOyee) worker taking kickbacks to give out fake drivers licenses, of course that would never happen.

Easier to believe that people running a dozen or more automated characters in multiple zones 24/7 are passing every GM AFK check than it is to believe that they could be getting their beaks wet in exchange for looking the other way, or at least giving a heads up before they make their rounds.

I don't think it's likely that we will ever know what is really going, there has just been so many "weird" things that have happened across the servers in regards to the afk botting that makes it very hard to speculate that there isn't something more nefarious going on.

I can give you 3 examples from the same bot crew that ran on mangler that I personally witnessed and are not just a story I heard from someone. There was a bot crew that ran in every pick of solb on Mangler afk farming. It was 1 group per pick and the monk puller wasn't warping, but was ran on a script that would go to the mob and actually pull it. I used to spend all day in solb on mangler waiting for naggy to spawn just to mess with RI out of boredom and force them to do naggy with no charm pets and not using the wall trick so I would often watch people mess with this bot crew.

Tell me if you can justify the suspensions that these 3 different people got:

1. Since the monk puller was ran on a script that would run to the mob, tag it, then return to camp waiting for the mob to arrive, someone decided to wait for the monk to tag a mob and then they mezzed it. The monk returned to camp waiting for the mob to arrive. This mob was pretty far away from where they were pulling to. The bot crew was inactive for over an hour while the guy just kept the mob mezzed since the monk still had that mob targetted the whole time waiting for it to get to their camp. About an hour and half in to it, the guy mezzing that one single mob got a 7 day suspension. In what world could a person get suspended for chain mezzing a random mob in solb?

2. From many people watching the monks pathing over time, we noticed that there were some corners that the monk would turn very sharply so if you simply stood in their way they would sometimes get stuck. An ogre SK decided to just FD at one of these corners and the monk puller got stuck there. The ogre wasn't blocking the path, he was just simply FD'd at the corner leaving tons of room for any normal person to walk by. Any normal player could have just taken 1 step to the side and went around it. After the monk was stuck there for a while, the ogre SK got a 7 day suspension. Is it against the rules to FD now? He wasn't afk. He was at his computer, we were chatting in tells. He never got any tell from a GM asking him to move or if he was afk.

3. A couple days after these two instances, a necro went and FD'd in the middle of their camp. I was talking with him in tells and he said he was recording them and sending the video. About 30 minutes or less after he sent in a petition, his character went LD. He messages me in discord with a SS of his 7 day suspension. Is it against the rules to petition someone?

How in any of these cases was their suspension justified? I'm sure you could lawyer quest a reason, but it's not something that would normally get any person in trouble. Would you not agree that things like this is why players heavily speculate about connections between botters and GM's?

edit: Just to add, I believe the first 2 cases the suspensions were labelled as zone disruption and the 3rd was harassment.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
I get that words are hard for you, but neither of those quotes mention the company as a whole and are referring to 1 or a few employees.

If you fucked off, the retardation would be back in line with where it should be
Where did I mention or bring up the company as a whole?

Do you believe "one or a few employees" have a secret business arrangement with cheaters?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Where did I mention or bring up the company as a whole?

Do you believe "one or a few employees" have a secret business arrangement with cheaters?

The post you quoted and were responding to. Jesus, learn to fucking read

If you think employees skimming from work has to be a crazy conspiracy theory, then you don't know shit about the world

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I don't think there is any cabal or widespread conspiracy to protect botters.

CS does seem to look the other way more with some botting situations, because they don't want the headache, or because those people are bringing in a lot of revenue, who knows.

Lol this legend dev generated and RMT'd $2.4 million USD worth of gold/items over the course of a few years.

Did they get away with it? Damn, that's pretty sick if so. I don't think it breaks any laws.

I don't think it's likely that we will ever know what is really going, there has just been so many "weird" things that have happened across the servers in regards to the afk botting that makes it very hard to speculate that there isn't something more nefarious going on.

I can give you 3 examples from the same bot crew that ran on mangler that I personally witnessed and are not just a story I heard from someone. There was a bot crew that ran in every pick of solb on Mangler afk farming. It was 1 group per pick and the monk puller wasn't warping, but was ran on a script that would go to the mob and actually pull it. I used to spend all day in solb on mangler waiting for naggy to spawn just to mess with RI out of boredom and force them to do naggy with no charm pets and not using the wall trick so I would often watch people mess with this bot crew.

1. Since the monk puller was ran on a script that would run to the mob, tag it, then return to camp waiting for the mob to arrive, someone decided to wait for the monk to tag a mob and then they mezzed it. The monk returned to camp waiting for the mob to arrive. This mob was pretty far away from where they were pulling to. The bot crew was inactive for over an hour while the guy just kept the mob mezzed since the monk still had that mob targetted the whole time waiting for it to get to their camp. About an hour and half in to it, the guy mezzing that one single mob got a 7 day suspension. In what world could a person get suspended for chain mezzing a random mob in solb?

2. From many people watching the monks pathing over time, we noticed that there were some corners that the monk would turn very sharply so if you simply stood in their way they would sometimes get stuck. An ogre SK decided to just FD at one of these corners and the monk puller got stuck there. The ogre wasn't blocking the path, he was just simply FD'd at the corner leaving tons of room for any normal person to walk by. Any normal player could have just taken 1 step to the side and went around it. After the monk was stuck there for a while, the ogre SK got a 7 day suspension. Is it against the rules to FD now? He wasn't afk. He was at his computer, we were chatting in tells. He never got any tell from a GM asking him to move or if he was afk.

3. A couple days after these two instances, a necro went and FD'd in the middle of their camp. I was talking with him in tells and he said he was recording them and sending the video. About 30 minutes or less after he sent in a petition, his character went LD. He messages me in discord with a SS of his 7 day suspension. Is it against the rules to petition someone?

How in any of these cases was their suspension justified? I'm sure you could lawyer quest a reason, but it's not something that would normally get any person in trouble. Would you not agree that things like this is why players heavily speculate about connections between botters and GM's?

edit: Just to add, I believe the first 2 cases the suspensions were labelled as zone disruption and the 3rd was harassment.

That's very WTF. Assuming all 3 of those stories aren't leaving anything out, it sounds like the box crew itself might have been a GM or a friend of a GM.

That or the person was actively engaged in monitoring their automated crew (not enough to take one step around a feigned ogre, but enough to petition them).

Sounds truly bizarre either way.

Atabishi Forgot Password

Silver Squire
I don't think there is any cabal or widespread conspiracy to protect botters.

CS does seem to look the other way more with some botting situations, because they don't want the headache, or because those people are bringing in a lot of revenue, who knows.

Did they get away with it? Damn, that's pretty sick if so. I don't think it breaks any laws.

That's very WTF. Assuming all 3 of those stories aren't leaving anything out, it sounds like the box crew itself might have been a GM or a friend of a GM.

That or the person was actively engaged in monitoring their automated crew (not enough to take one step around a feigned ogre, but enough to petition them).

Sounds truly bizarre either way.

I'm not sure, didn't look in to it past watching the video. According to the guy who made the video, he's facing possible prison time or at the very least could be sued.

I assume in those situations he wasn't actively monitoring it non-stop but returned at some point to see what was going on. In all of these instances, they weren't the first time to happen.

I did the FD on corner thing several times to him and didn't get in trouble, I also trained his groups out many times without getting in trouble. However I only ever did it during AM hours.

Bishi is well known for his truthful storytelling

I mean these instances are pretty well known for people who played mangler at that time. There's a video someone posted of doing the same mez trick to the botters in lguk live side around that same time and he also got suspended. There are far more cases of people getting suspended for messing with the solb and lguk botters from mangler, I just only posted the ones I was present for. It was a pretty well known thing that doing anything to the botters on mangler resulted in a very quick suspension because of the amount of people who got suspended.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I had a run in with some scripter in Greg's End on Mangler, maybe the same guy. Somehow their monk puller got attached to my group and was pulling and DPSing for me for roughly an hour without ever responding while his group was still in the cubby doing nothing. I wonder if I messed it up since I crawled with my box group instead of camping a spot and pulling to it. After a while I was worried I'd be accused of being a cheater so I walked up to his group and then the monk started pulling for his group again.

Atabishi Forgot Password

Silver Squire
I had a run in with some scripter in Greg's End on Mangler, maybe the same guy. Somehow their monk puller got attached to my group and was pulling and DPSing for me for roughly an hour without ever responding while his group was still in the cubby doing nothing. I wonder if I messed it up since I crawled with my box group instead of camping a spot and pulling to it. After a while I was worried I'd be accused of being a cheater so I walked up to his group and then the monk started pulling for his group again.

Yeah probably the same guy as he was the only one I ever saw on there that tried to look legit with a monk that pulled to a camp. Maybe there was others but I never saw it, and I've never seen that bot script again on another TLP since Mangler so either he quit playing or he decided to stop trying to look legit and just warp/far taunt mobs like all the rest do it.

Crazy how insane the botting was on Mangler. I have never seen it even close to that bad on a truebox TLP before mangler and never seen it even close to that bad on any of the truebox TLP's since. Usually what I always noticed was the mass botters staying pretty hidden for the most part in classic and kunark (outside of CoS camp) and becoming more visible in velious+. Mangler in classic had 24/7 afk bot farming in every single pick of lguk, every pick of solb, ocean of tears, kedge keep, several epic camps, etc etc and even had THREE different 36-72 boxers that perma farmed the entire plane of hate zone including t2's. It only got worse from there as expansions released.

Wonder what happened after mangler that made a lot of them disappear?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah probably the same guy as he was the only one I ever saw on there that tried to look legit with a monk that pulled to a camp. Maybe there was others but I never saw it, and I've never seen that bot script again on another TLP since Mangler so either he quit playing or he decided to stop trying to look legit and just warp/far taunt mobs like all the rest do it.

Crazy how insane the botting was on Mangler. I have never seen it even close to that bad on a truebox TLP before mangler and never seen it even close to that bad on any of the truebox TLP's since. Usually what I always noticed was the mass botters staying pretty hidden for the most part in classic and kunark (outside of CoS camp) and becoming more visible in velious+. Mangler in classic had 24/7 afk bot farming in every single pick of lguk, every pick of solb, ocean of tears, kedge keep, several epic camps, etc etc and even had THREE different 36-72 boxers that perma farmed the entire plane of hate zone including t2's. It only got worse from there as expansions released.

Wonder what happened after mangler that made a lot of them disappear?
Yeah, the full raid box armies were insane and the fact that there were three of them even more so. I knew some 18 boxers on mischief but I never saw anything like what Mangler had.

Tubbins was able to do PoP, God, and OoW, which seems hard to believe. There were real person guilds that were less successful than him. He was a English speaking guy and I'm guessing some type of hardware or software nerd in real life who probably looked at it as a challenge. Maybe DPG did something to make virtual machines more of a pain after that or he was just tired of doing it. If there ever was a person who I thought might have been an employee it would be him. It was just so blatant and everyone on the server knew and he seemed to never get hit with any punishment.

Ryoz

<Donor>
As an officer in a guild back in the pre prog server days, I can tell you GMs had a relaxed attitude with MQ2 and botting even back then. I would often get messages from one or two GMs on our server alerting me when guildmates were fucking around (warping, botting, etc). They basically said as long as people aren’t reporting it, they would just ignore it.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider

Part of what led me to believe that some crews enjoy greater protection/immunity than others is that I was able to easily get some crews suspended/banned.

I hid/snuck a Rogue down to the crews that operated in that long hallway in LGuK live side, pulling King and Crusader. As soon as I got to their camp they would stop pulling, I'd leave it parked there for 30-60 mins then log off for a while, eventually he'd get sick of his script being interrupted and turn the prox detection off and let it run while I was present. So that's when I'd log out, write a petition with the names of the chars, the zone, pick and location, boom gone the next day. Got rid of a few of those groups all with the same class makeup, similar names, running same script etc.

If I had to guess they were not Elfpie's, who seems to get away with a lot, more likely Sallypepsi who seemed to specialize in the live side stuff based on always having king loot for sale in the tunnel.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe it was just a mentally ill TLPer or high as shit and thought he was in your group

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
re: kill credit change in the next patch
Let's talk kill credit! With this month's patch, multiple bugs are being fixed with how damage is credited to attackers. An important thing to note is that the actual damage done isn't changing in any way. We're simply fixing a few bugs that awarded damage to someone that didn't actually count towards killing the NPC.

Bug 1: The attack that killed an NPC wasn't limited to only the amount of damage that was actually done. Instead, the full potential damage amount was credited to the attacker. As seen in the example below, the spell's full base damage amount of 24,408 HP is credited to the attacker even though the NPC only had 10,000 HP. This fix applies to direct damage spells, DoTs, and melee attacks.

You begin casting Ander's Bite.

You hit Dragon for 10,000 points of poison damage by Ander's Bite.

You have slain Dragon!

Before Fix:

Killshot Potential Damage

Damage Credit: 24,408

After Fix:

Min( NPC Remaining Health, Killshot Potential Damage )

Damage Credit: 10,000

Bug 2: DoTs were applying double the amount of damage they actually did towards kill credit. This is an example on an NPC that has 3,000 HP at the start of the fight.

You begin casting Bane of Nife.

You hit Dragon for 259 points of poison damage by Bane of Nife. (Critical)

Dragon has taken 888 damage from your Bane of Nife. (Critical)

Dragon has taken 121 damage from your Bane of Nife. (Critical)

You have slain Dragon!

Before Fix:

Nuke + ( ( Damage * Number of Ticks ) * Buged DoT Doubling )

259 + ( ( 888 * 4 ) * 2 ) = 7,363

After Fix:

Nuke + ( Damage * Number of Full Ticks ) + Damage of Killshot Tick

259 + ( 888 * 3 ) + 121 = 3,044*

*Extra 44 HP here is from NPC's regen of 11hp * 4 ticks.

Bug 3: DoTs weren't applying extra damage towards kill credit from being twincast or the extra damage applied by the Spell Damage item stat. This has been corrected and now both of these damage bonuses will properly credit the attacker.

This example shows all three bugs in action. The killshot DoT tick doesn't get limited by the NPC's remaining HP, the DoT damage is incorrectly doubled, and the twincast damage is halved which results in an almost accurate number.

You begin casting Blood of Yoppa.

You twincast Blood of Yoppa.

Dragon has taken 2250 damage from your Blood of Yoppa. (Twincast)

Dragon has taken 1055 damage from your Blood of Yoppa. (Twincast)

You have slain Dragon!

Before Fix:

( Damage * Twincast Bug Halving * Number of Ticks ) * Bugged DoT Doubling

( 2,250 * 0.5 * 5 ) * 2 = 11,250

After Fix:

( Damage * Number of Full Ticks ) + Damage of Killshot Tick

( 2250 * 4 ) + 1055 = 10055*

*Extra 55 HP here is from NPC's regen of 11hp * 5 ticks.

With these changes, kill credit should be much more accurate and credit should be given to the person/group/raid that actually contributed the most damage towards killing an NPC.