EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Funny they fix this after FTE was put in lol.

It's strange for sure. We've had people arguing about how dots work for years now but I don't think anyone had "oops, they count as double" on their scorecard. There was some speculation that you got an extra phantom tick or they counted as full when initially applied which we can now see weren't completely crazy speculations.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I get that words are hard for you, but neither of those quotes mention the company as a whole and are referring to 1 or a few employees.

If you fucked off, the retardation would be back in line with where it should be
Awkward Season 9 GIF by The Office

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah there was a conversation in discord with Meeko where people were telling him that dots were applying full damage towards kill credit because that's what was somewhat widely considered. He went away and tested then came back and said nope that's not what's happening but refused to elaborate.

I suspect that's the main reason he is fixing it now, because it was only brought to his attention somewhere around Oakwynd launch.

Atabishi Forgot Password

Silver Squire
Yeah there was a conversation in discord with Meeko where people were telling him that dots were applying full damage towards kill credit because that's what was somewhat widely considered. He went away and tested then came back and said nope that's not what's happening but refused to elaborate.

I suspect that's the main reason he is fixing it now, because it was only brought to his attention somewhere around Oakwynd launch.

They have known about it since shortly after Agnarr release but I'm assuming Meeko didn't personally know about it, and tested it enough to prove the prior devs wrong. I had a conversation with one of the dev's about it shortly after Agnarr launch which is where the whole "you get an extra tick when the DoT lands" thing came from. Through my testing I proved it wasn't doing full dmg right away regardless if it had only done one tick which contradicted the "dots are doing full dmg upon cast" theory at the time, and the Dev i spoke to tested it and is who told me that DoT's were doing 1 extra tick upon cast and gave the explanation that it was intended in the event that the mob died before the server tick allowed actual tick dmg to land.

I spoke to Meeko after this was brought up again, and he also agreed at the time that the extra tick is most likely what is happening and causing this "full dmg upon cast" theory. I'm guessing he looked in to it harder and saw the prior dev's were wrong.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Maybe it just seemed that way because the prior dev or whatever was testing against classic contested mobs which is where these kinds of shenanigans were most common. Low HP of classic mobs may have given wrong impressions

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
They have known about it since shortly after Agnarr release but I'm assuming Meeko didn't personally know about it, and tested it enough to prove the prior devs wrong. I had a conversation with one of the dev's about it shortly after Agnarr launch which is where the whole "you get an extra tick when the DoT lands" thing came from. Through my testing I proved it wasn't doing full dmg right away regardless if it had only done one tick which contradicted the "dots are doing full dmg upon cast" theory at the time, and the Dev i spoke to tested it and is who told me that DoT's were doing 1 extra tick upon cast and gave the explanation that it was intended in the event that the mob died before the server tick allowed actual tick dmg to land.

I spoke to Meeko after this was brought up again, and he also agreed at the time that the extra tick is most likely what is happening and causing this "full dmg upon cast" theory. I'm guessing he looked in to it harder and saw the prior dev's were wrong.
To be fair, I have heard atabishi going on about this for years - likely back to his necro freeti autism

Needless

Toe Sucker
theres been so many tlps at this point i dont even know what the fuck ruleset each one has anymore lol
other than the GOAT mischief ofc

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
theres been so many tlps at this point i dont even know what the fuck ruleset each one has anymore lol
other than the GOAT mischief ofc

Yo im happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but Combine was the greatest ruleset of all time. Of all time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cyrr

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like Sic or Spiken or Maskoi who all used to make a bunch of mq2 videos when Nar still worked there. The people who are listed in the ss there are like big RMT shitters who do not make videos afaik.
Yeah, Maskoi made videos way back when, Spiken did/does? the Everquestbot stuff, and Sic twitch streamed his MQ2 group once and got perma'd on all of them, had to reroll his whole setup. Iirc that was back around the time it was more or less agreed to be OK to be doing that stuff and there was some talk about what RG and them were going to do next if DBG was taking actions like that all of a sudden (not keeping with the "agreement" , but i can't remember for sure the specifics of all that stuff.

Atabishi Forgot Password

Silver Squire
Yeah, Maskoi made videos way back when, Spiken did/does? the Everquestbot stuff, and Sic twitch streamed his MQ2 group once and got perma'd on all of them, had to reroll his whole setup. Iirc that was back around the time it was more or less agreed to be OK to be doing that stuff and there was some talk about what RG and them were going to do next if DBG was taking actions like that all of a sudden (not keeping with the "agreement" , but i can't remember for sure the specifics of all that stuff.

Heh I laughed so hard when Spiken's eqbot database got hacked. I had heard rumors that a few individuals were pissed when Spiken released eqbot, the rumor being that he had stolen it and released it to the public to make profit without the consent of the others who created it, no clue if that is true or not, just rumors that heavily circulated during the coirnav/mangler times when it was new. Although I will say that the original creator of the first MQ that was usable on phinny is one of the people who claimed this. However, someone hacked his user database during early Mangler which contained the discord names of everyone who had made purchases. Fortunately, most people were too stupid to make an alternate discord account and simply used their main one. People had to provide discord names in order to get specific roles inside Spiken's discord. The part that made it so comical to me was that nearly half of RI's raid force roster at the time it happened on Mangler were users of eqbot or other hacks that he provided. Part of the leak got posted on the official forums that showed several of the RI members as users, not sure if it got deleted or not.

Certainly didn't age well with Vicious going so hard on the daily right now calling for DBG to punish all cheaters and claiming that if there were absolutely no cheats allowed (including SEQ) that RI would be unbeatable.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If I ever raid-lead a competitive guild during launch rush I'm going to make sure everyone is on an adderall+morphine drip cocktail.

Also ass-steroids

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Anybody know if you can have multiple monks do the turn ins at the same time on some of the steps?

My guild has 3 or 4 monks all ready to do the PoSky, Nurga, and Lake of Ill Omen steps. Do you have to do them all 1 at a time and wait on respawns of the turn in mobs? I'm curious because the double drops on some items on Oakwynd makes me wonder if you would be able to do the turn in to A Presence in Plane of Sky on one monk, and then if it drops 2 Breath of Gwan can one of the other monks pick it up and use it in the next step OR will they not be able to use it because they technically didn't hand the scale in to A Presence to spawn Gwan in the first place.

Oakwynd is presenting some interesting situations with these double loot drops from epic mobs.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I don't think we ever saw two drops on Mischief from an extra roll, but I could be wrong. I think the only sneaky thing we found out with the monk is that you could yoink the item from the last guy and do the turn in for the item if you were on the step to kill the guy.

Aelfwine

Trakanon Raider
Anybody know if you can have multiple monks do the turn ins at the same time on some of the steps?

My guild has 3 or 4 monks all ready to do the PoSky, Nurga, and Lake of Ill Omen steps. Do you have to do them all 1 at a time and wait on respawns of the turn in mobs? I'm curious because the double drops on some items on Oakwynd makes me wonder if you would be able to do the turn in to A Presence in Plane of Sky on one monk, and then if it drops 2 Breath of Gwan can one of the other monks pick it up and use it in the next step OR will they not be able to use it because they technically didn't hand the scale in to A Presence to spawn Gwan in the first place.

Oakwynd is presenting some interesting situations with these double loot drops from epic mobs.
We've gotten two demon fangs twice. I haven't seen double on the other fights yet. And my monk was able to loot a demon fang and skip all the fights from Eejag to LOIO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Have seen double drops from many epic fights or camps, seems like they all can potentially double as long it comes from killing an NPC.

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
JFC, is level 8 plus Lizardman Mystic that rare? Doing Shaman Guildmaster quest for doing "Bedder Shaman" collect three dolls and a bag that drops off dem necks.

Wasted time doing the lowbie Mystics only to learn that those medicine bags only drop off the higher ones from across the river. Been camping the three Lizardman spots, only warriors been spawining all night....

Edit: Came across a camp with one and got one on the first kill. Necklace reward is better than nothing as I has stats at least. Lowbie Cleric Yaulp clickie

Last edited: