EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
The time to do this was a month ago when it didn't work in the first place, or maybe when the servers economy imploded

They are trying to bail water out of the titanic at this point.
I know a lot of people that were playing on Oakwynd and said fuck this shit after the last exploit and aren't going back. Nearly the whole guild went to WoW SoD because they were fed up with DBG's bullshit. The way they handled the last exploit apparently was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know a lot of people that were playing on Oakwynd and said fuck this shit after the last exploit and aren't going back. Nearly the whole guild went to WoW SoD because they were fed up with DBG's bullshit. The way they handled the last exploit apparently was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

They really screwed this one up for sure. Was funny when they basically blamed the players for not letting them know, even when multiple people were screaming about it for almost 7 days before they did something. I would still like to know where their 2.2% number came from.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
I still think Jchan meant 2.2% of all servers, but if he just meant oakwynd man o man is there a lot of duped plat hiding out.

XP bonus is fine, between that and legacy some people are going to bank a ton, and most people are on a raid schedule so it doesnt interfere with it much anyway. Im still sad, I really liked the server, but my trader got killed during the dupe and there just isnt motivation to start over with it again.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

Yea RI is done as well and the core all moved to WoW, just why continue? At every opportunity they've proven they either entirely don't care or are entirely incapable of actually managing the game in any real way.

I'm sure some amalgam of roosters/FTE/RI will still be able to raid, but the server is a wasteland of box armies and PL services all undercutting each other trying to sell their loot and services to the remaining few actual players.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I still think Jchan meant 2.2% of all servers, but if he just meant oakwynd man o man is there a lot of duped plat hiding out.

XP bonus is fine, between that and legacy some people are going to bank a ton, and most people are on a raid schedule so it doesnt interfere with it much anyway. Im still sad, I really liked the server, but my trader got killed during the dupe and there just isnt motivation to start over with it again.

She said 0.44% was all servers. 2.2% was just Oakwynd. Which even by itself makes no sense considering how much legit plat should exist on other servers vs Oakwynd

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The duper required vendorable tradeskill materials. I don't play past GoD, in terms of sheer platinum, do later xpacs have resources that are able to scale quickly to take advantage? What is a normal amount of plat on live? People were handing out millions of plat on Oakwynd. It feels like a younger server is going to be a more ripe target for exploitation if you're limited to x million per hour.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
She said 0.44% was all servers. 2.2% was just Oakwynd. Which even by itself makes no sense considering how much legit plat should exist on other servers vs Oakwynd
There was about 750 mil to 1 billion plat in circulation on Oakwynd before the dupe. There is about 15 to 18 billion plat in circulation now after the dupe and cleanup.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There was about 750 mil to 1 billion plat in circulation on Oakwynd before the dupe. There is about 15 to 18 billion plat in circulation now after the dupe and cleanup.
lol.

Jchan... what happened? She was doing pretty good there for a bit. Now lies on top of incompetence? Sad way to see EQ die.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Even if there was some way it was true in a technical sense, like there was some other dupe in play and a couple people had 100,000,000,000 in plat on them for shits and giggles and the total increase in the server from the tradeskill depot was indeed only a couple percentage points, why the fuck would you even attempt using that as an argument? After the fix krono settled at what, 10x their old price? With a mountain of other fuckery about? You don't get a 10x from a couple percentage points of extra plat.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Based on what

I keep track of whats happening on the current tlps. I know the crews that exist and what they are doing. I can get a very good estimate of how much plat each is making, how much krono is selling for, how much items are selling for. I have some inside sources as well that help provide some of information that I add to my estimates. I have been doing this for a long time...

Juvarisx

Florida
Apparently they removed the red wine quest from Oakwynd (haven't heard about other servers), I assume because legacy + bonus + pp inflation means you can actually get to level 40 or so off of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Apparently they removed the red wine quest from Oakwynd (haven't heard about other servers), I assume because legacy + bonus + pp inflation means you can actually get to level 40 or so off of it.

Watching those quests get slowly whittled down one TLP after another is beyond shitty.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Watching those quests get slowly whittled down one TLP after another is beyond shitty.
Emu also whittled them down. They're low-effort, high-reward quests when you can turn in one thousand of them at a time. Even excluding that, you know people will just macroquest characters to 50 if you let them sit there and turn in the quests using a script.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Emu also whittled them down. They're low-effort, high-reward quests when you can turn in one thousand of them at a time. Even excluding that, you know people will just macroquest characters to 50 if you let them sit there and turn in the quests using a script.

Don't get me wrong. I understand how they can be a problem. My issue is that anything other than a competent group feels awful and as time goes on there are fewer and fewer alternatives that don't involve just paying someone. We're really deep in to the TLP cycle for exp to be as shit as it is.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just checked on Mischief and he is indeed gone. RIP. Man finally got enough wine to live out his life on his terms.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I red wined six characters to 43 on Mischief when I was at my in laws for the holidays a few years ago, heh. What a goddamn degenerate I was.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users