EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Do the Vaniki players have any plans or intentions of going back and doing the older challenges?

If somebody rolled up there today would they be shit out of luck on the previous rewards?

Also is the experience rate higher than Yelinak?

1) Yeah, a lot of people missed the early challenges and we already determined that it'd be easy to de-level and do them again later (given that equipment has no level req, in theory we could go back and group 50 cheevos with like, COA-geared 60's)

2) For now, but better to not miss any further ones IMO.

3) Vaniki leveling is way faster than Yelinak. Like it isn't even close. It's the first TLP since Phinny that I actually enjoy AAing on.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1657944616794.png

Kei now exists on Vaniki at 55, we did it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
Enchanter ornate pants have clicky Tranquility at level 40. Pretty sure you need to be 46 for it to land on you anyways, hehe

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1657944743279.png

1657944753979.png

About as good as it gets with MOTM

Should I get Combat Fury or Weapon Affinity next? Got pretty much all the other important AAs.

SK, mostly seem to DPS rather than tank, have a strong proc weapon (250+75 damage). WA also won't be autogranted in a couple weeks while CF will. On the other hand I'll probably get all of the above anyway and CF is super strong IIRC.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gotta imagine the box crews took a hit in the last wave of suspensions. Or maybe not. Rizlona should've just been a free macroquest server.
Well, it's same as on Live servers, where the "very vanilla" version was supposed to be ok, but I think they are going completely against that. I hope no one on Riz got hit.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1658024617449.png

Is this a joke? Ornate molds cost like 2/3rds of a krono at minimum and the stats aren't any better than what you get from Natimbi or Lavastorm quests. I'm pissed that I didn't just sell the mold 'cause this isn't even an upgrade.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Is this a joke? Ornate molds cost like 2/3rds of a krono at minimum and the stats aren't any better than what you get from Natimbi or Lavastorm quests. I'm pissed that I didn't just sell the mold 'cause this isn't even an upgrade.

Cleric version has FT2, i'd imagine that is what is driving the cost.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You didn't look it up before making it?

Nope. Won it in BoT right as a raid was called, and had to very quickly forge it and get to the raid.

I'm not well-versed on PoP or its equipment since I only really cleared PoP once, in 2005. Most of my EQing is either Classic-Luclin or post-GoD. I thought pre-elemental PoP gear was much better than it actually is.

Cleric version has FT2, i'd imagine that is what is driving the cost.

That makes a lot more sense.

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
How many guilds have killed AoW (in DZ) so far? Kinda wondering if that should have been an achievement rather than CBQ.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Rajaah sucking up cleric gear to put in his bank confirmed.

I definitely woulda passed it to a cleric if I knew any of this beforehand

How many guilds have killed AoW (in DZ) so far? Kinda wondering if that should have been an achievement rather than CBQ.

Only Bind Rush to my knowledge, but I heard another guild killed AOW today (don't know which)

Best part was he said it was an upgrade when it dropped. :emoji_laughing:

Hey, times are tough, half of us are still dressed like we're homeless and using PoK quest gear. I had a 30 HEM bracer (Barnacle) and thought Ornate was like 70 HEM so I rolled. Turns out it's 40 HEM and I was robbing a cleric. The joke is on me

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1658117834496.png

Mith Marr at minus ten levels was the hardest/best fight I've had on TLP in a while

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
Very nice!

We (Deja Vu) took down AoW last night, was a tense but very fun fight. Hardest thing we've done for sure. Got 4 monk legs, BoC, barb illusion mask and the bow.

Would have thought rusty willsapper would have killed him too, but maybe they have been concentrating on other shit.

Can't wait for 60 to see what other shit is gonna be killable!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think Anguish bosses will be killable at 60 once people are geared up more. At least, everything up to OMM. However, I might be crazy.

That's a ways off though. As far as closer to 60 launch, with less gear... PoTime, definitely. Qvic, maybe some of Tacvi.

Looks like the big boss at 55 is gonna be PoP Sol Ro and it's going to be rough. Not even sure how doable that or Cragbeast Queen will be at 55 and I'm talking about doing Tacvi and Anguish at 60...

This server is resisting the usual post-PoP dropoff by putting all the 70 expansions together and not actually having a post-PoP era until we're sneakily already doing new stuff. I don't think it'll see any population issues until level 70 in Secrets of Faydwer. That one is gonna be brutal at 70, will be the sole thing we get at that level raise, and chances are most people are still gonna keep farming other existing stuff rather than going after SoF targets. A lot of the "challenge things at lower level" appeal is gonna die down around then too. So I think by the time we hit 75 and SoD/UF, the server will die down.

Regardless, it's a good time, like a second Quarm event server.

• 1Like

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
I think Anguish bosses will be killable at 60 once people are geared up more. At least, everything up to OMM. However, I might be crazy.

That's a ways off though. As far as closer to 60 launch, with less gear... PoTime, definitely. Qvic, maybe some of Tacvi.

Looks like the big boss at 55 is gonna be PoP Sol Ro and it's going to be rough. Not even sure how doable that or Cragbeast Queen will be at 55 and I'm talking about doing Tacvi and Anguish at 60...

This server is resisting the usual post-PoP dropoff by putting all the 70 expansions together and not actually having a post-PoP era until we're sneakily already doing new stuff. I don't think it'll see any population issues until level 70 in Secrets of Faydwer. That one is gonna be brutal at 70, will be the sole thing we get at that level raise, and chances are most people are still gonna keep farming other existing stuff rather than going after SoF targets. A lot of the "challenge things at lower level" appeal is gonna die down around then too. So I think by the time we hit 75 and SoD/UF, the server will die down.

Regardless, it's a good time, like a second Quarm event server.
Thing that concerns me is once 60 is out, doing anguish we're not only 10 levels behind we're also 3 expansions worth of AA behind which I think is going to be a huge disadvantage. Endurance MPG trial is going to be tough as fuck, if that can be done then Anguish should be possible I think, up to OMM, although Jevlan event gonna be shitty too, heh. At least this time got 12 weeks to gear up and attempt the challenges/progress which should help a bit.