EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Thing that concerns me is once 60 is out, doing anguish we're not only 10 levels behind we're also 3 expansions worth of AA behind which I think is going to be a huge disadvantage. Endurance MPG trial is going to be tough as fuck, if that can be done then Anguish should be possible I think, up to OMM, although Jevlan event gonna be shitty too, heh. At least this time got 12 weeks to gear up and attempt the challenges/progress which should help a bit.

Yeah, the AA situation is a problem. At next unlock we're getting SoL and possibly PoP autogranted, but we won't have the levels to actually get any of the PoP AAs. There are only a few AAs available in the 50's from PoP/GoD/OoW/DoDH, so in reality we're gonna have very little to get. The SoL autogrant by itself is gonna just give us most of the AAs we could be working on, so much so that if I were the devs I'd disable autogrant on Vaniki.

Regardless, we'll have a zillion AAs to get in 60-65 and 65-70 but not much for now. It's going to be tough, especially for tanks without defensive AAs.

As for Anguish, I think the MPG trials are doable. Ture and Hanvar should be raided on lockout as early as possible. Even if Jelvan can't be downed (which also excludes AMV I think), you can still get 2.0 orbs from Ture/Hanvar until defensive gear catches up.

We're also gonna have to do Loyalist faction which is like 2000 kills in OOW. Usually it's pretty quick, a few hours in Dranik Scar. However being down 10 levels is gonna make it a process. I might do my 55-60 group in OOW for this reason. Wall of Slaughter is gonna be great for gear on this server, some VT-level drops there IIRC.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just did the research on Raidloot. Looks like OOW/DODH have dick for AAs in the 50's, at least for SKs. Basically one spell slot and two buff slots, that's it.

GoD has Weapon Affinity and Persistent Casting that won't be autogranted and are available in the 50's, so definitely go for those. YMMV depending on class, but look for GoD AAs in the 50's.

Looks like there's no need to save up 110 AAs before the next launch. Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure most AAs will be autogranted before we even get to them on this server. Which is kind of a bummer, AAing will be pointless after 60.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm just sad nobody streams any of the exciting stuff. Would be cool if Ellohime would stream raids.

I recorded an Aerin Dar raid, I'll put it on Youtube.

Always really liked Aerin Dar because it's like getting to fight the Sleeper. It is kinda weird that the devs just threw that model away on a low-level PoP raid mob. By PoP the devs had largely changed over away from Brad/Verant if I'm not mistaken and the new devs presumably wanted to de-emphasize dragons. Aerin and Rydda are both cool fights, and Quarm is basically the dragon God so we got that at least.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm just sad nobody streams any of the exciting stuff. Would be cool if Ellohime would stream raids.

Here ya go. I'm not up close and personal with the boss, but I tried to keep it in the frame. I'm also a little rusty with kiting, this was my second time kiting during a boss on this server (first was Agnarr and his minis, a bit of a trial by fire).

Speaking of which, on the Agnarr fight I was supposed to kite one particular mini, and he absolutely refused to chase me for a bit. Was beating on the main tank while I got yelled at, even though I was dumping aggro spells into it (snare, terror, couldn't HT because summon). Finally pried it off the tank, then it proceeded to peel off me and go attack another warrior that was on the boss (but not tanking). That other warrior wasn't doing much of anything, and the mob decided to ignore me spamming snare/terror to run back and hit said warrior for no apparent reason.

None of it made any sense and was frustrating as fuck. If anyone has any insights / advice it'd be appreciated. Nothing like that has happened since so it might have just been some anomaly in that fight. Also had issues kiting a mini earlier in BoT because he was constantly breaking off of me to run to the raid every time someone got low-health aggro. At least that time it made goddamn sense, unlike the Agnarr fight...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

Here ya go. I'm not up close and personal with the boss, but I tried to keep it in the frame. I'm also a little rusty with kiting, this was my second time kiting during a boss on this server (first was Agnarr and his minis, a bit of a trial by fire).

Speaking of which, on the Agnarr fight I was supposed to kite one particular mini, and he absolutely refused to chase me for a bit. Was beating on the main tank while I got yelled at, even though I was dumping aggro spells into it (snare, terror, couldn't HT because summon). Finally pried it off the tank, then it proceeded to peel off me and go attack another warrior that was on the boss (but not tanking). That other warrior wasn't doing much of anything, and the mob decided to ignore me spamming snare/terror to run back and hit said warrior for no apparent reason.

None of it made any sense and was frustrating as fuck. If anyone has any insights / advice it'd be appreciated. Nothing like that has happened since so it might have just been some anomaly in that fight. Also had issues kiting a mini earlier in BoT because he was constantly breaking off of me to run to the raid every time someone got low-health aggro. At least that time it made goddamn sense, unlike the Agnarr fight...

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Which one of you cucks come over to Yelinak general chat?

1658200696551.png

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
That dude has been trolling for weeks.

Also saw Secrets post in Yelinak general from Varsoon a day or 2 ago, didn't even know you could do that.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs

Is that a pop fight? I don't remember that place at all

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
Just did the research on Raidloot. Looks like OOW/DODH have dick for AAs in the 50's, at least for SKs. Basically one spell slot and two buff slots, that's it.

GoD has Weapon Affinity and Persistent Casting that won't be autogranted and are available in the 50's, so definitely go for those. YMMV depending on class, but look for GoD AAs in the 50's.

Looks like there's no need to save up 110 AAs before the next launch. Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure most AAs will be autogranted before we even get to them on this server. Which is kind of a bummer, AAing will be pointless after 60.
Oh, what level is mnemonic retention? Thought that was 61+. That will be nice to get for this 60 stretch. Not much else though you're right for most classes.

Edit: looked it up, level 55 for first rank, bonus!!

Gonna be fun seeing how far we can get at 60, didn't think AoW would be doable but proved myself wrong there. Hoping we can get emp in the next couple of weeks or so, but will see how that goes. I was all about the actual achievements when the server first opened, but now just want to see what is possible!

I think they should have done a different route for the rewards though, have the rewards for different tiers available and then have raid mobs give currency for beating them to maximise going after mobs that help you gear up and also do the achievements, for example AoW should have given some currency, emp does, ct2.0 etc. Might post it as a suggestion on the official forums and see how much shit it attracts, hah!

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Some thoughts on the cheevos:

1658251218659.png

40: Definitely the easiest set, as it turns out. Cazic was the only semi-tough one. Good choices, but might as well have thrown Inny in there too.

1658251332987.png

50: Nothing too serious here, Gorenaire and Yelinak are the main challenges. Seemed doable for a bunch of guilds.

1658251386016.png

55: Significant step up in difficulty from the others. Sol Ro seems like the big challenge here, but it might turn out that CBQ is. Haven't tried either yet (or the other two), we'll see. LDON and Emp won't be much of a problem thanks to VT gear being available.

1658251485772.png

60: RSS bosses probably won't be too bad. I'm curious as to how much of Anguish can be taken down at 60, if anything. Hanvar? Vishimtar is mechanic-heavy so it should be doable if people execute. Don't remember Deathknell 1, but at least it's the first event. Prolly would have made that cheevo for the Theater of Blood bosses instead. Lastly, Sendaii is probably gonna be the roadblock in this tier. That one is going to suuuuuck. It's a fight tuned for Anguish-geared 70's, much less 60's in Time gear.

1658251654747.png

65: Unsure if this means Lethar 1 or Lethar 2, there's a huge difference between the two fights. If it's Lethar 2, that'lll be a tough time. At 65 it'll be substantially easier to farm 70 raid zones for gear, though, so at least the gear level will be much higher here than the previous tier. Solteris 1 probably won't be bad at all. I'm thinking Solteris events 1-5 will be doable at 65, not sure about the last two.

1658251776048.png

70: This tier only has one cheevo and it's a doozy. Meldrath is a bad-ass in-era at 80 and geared-up. The one way I can see Meldrath not being a total monster on this server is if Crystallos isn't locked for some reason. The majority of Crystallos bosses are easier than Meldrath (Earth 1, Earth 2, Ice 1, Wind 1, Fire 1, maybe Fire 2 with good burst DPS) and the four non-dragon bosses could be farmed for gear on lockout. If Crystallos is locked, then it's gonna be all about farming Solteris as much as humanly possible I guess. I could see a lot of people skipping this one, especially considering the reward for this cheevo appears to be a teleport to Meldrath's Mansion which is a super odd reward.

1658252064322.png

75: Pallorax is an easy fight. Fippy is the very first boss of Underfoot, and a total beast regardless. Still, both of these should be doable without a ton of fuss, provided the server doesn't fall apart on the 70 tier if no one can beat Meldrath.

1658252195060.png

80: Cazic is one of House of Thule's toughest fights. I could see this being another Sendaii or Sol Ro situation where it's a process. I do think it's doable though. House of Thule will have a bunch of easier raids to farm so gear will be less of an issue.

1658252346030.png

85: This is a VOA raid, tier 2 I think (out of 4 IIRC) but I remember it being a beast of a raid in-era. So again we're not getting a layup here at all.

1658252458291.png

90: And then on the flipside, 90 gives us the easiest ROF raid and a tier-1 COTF raid (not quite the easiest but low on the list). These won't be any real issue if anyone actually gets to this point.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1658259202976.png

95: Innoruuk is a tier-zero Broken Mirror raid, won't be much of an issue. Defense of the City is the first raid in TBM, and even though Arx isn't a pushover I think it's doable. Lastly Doorstep of War is the first raid of EoK and while it's tougher than the other two, it's a farm-status raid at launch in a normal 105 situation.

ATTENTION DEVS. Defense of the City should be 95, that's a 105 raid. Someone let them know, because it'd be impossible at 90.

1658259277069.png

100: Fight Fire will be easy, it's more about execution than anything else. Balance of Power, however, is the hardest tier-1 raid in RoS and will probably kick people's asses at 100. It's AOE-heavy and those AOEs will destroy people. This one's gonna suck.

1658259305816.png

105: Once again, it's the first raid of two different expansions. Griklor is easy, Tantor isn't. No clue how things'll look at this point.

1658259325394.png

110: Doomshade isn't what I'd call easy but it isn't what I'd call hard either. Again, no clue how things will look by this point.

My prediction is that the server will start to have issues on the Meldrath tier, and that there's a good chance the server's raid guilds will tap out at 100 with Balance of Power. I could be completely wrong though.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My prediction is that the server will start to have issues on the Meldrath tier, and that there's a good chance the server's raid guilds will tap out at 100 with Balance of Power. I could be completely wrong though.
What would you think about the concept that level increases and expansion unlocks happen not only because of timed unlocks, but also when a server achieves those achievements for the first time? Such that level 65 is only unlocked when someone kills Sendaii.

Animosity

What would you think about the concept that level increases and expansion unlocks happen not only because of timed unlocks, but also when a server achieves those achievements for the first time? Such that level 65 is only unlocked when someone kills Sendaii.
Id prefer that over time locked. A couple weeks between level unlocks feels very rushed to me. You almost have to be gear farming nonstop.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I agree with Animosity Animosity on this, I'd vastly prefer kill-unlocks.

It'd put more priority on server firsts (as everyone wants to be the one to unlock the next tier) and stir up more competition, and it'd give us more time to chill and gear up. Right now it's like a constant race against the timer, that I barely have time for. Things will slow down a lot at 60 since we finally have a decent amount of time between unlocks, so that'll be good.

• 1Like

Evernothing

I cannot imagine how you could do Tolling of Dissonant Bells @ 60. It's a straight up DPS check.

It's tuned for 70s in DoDH gear.