EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Sol Ro and these early era targets sure. Some of these later targets starting with Lethar, I am doubtful are done with two or three groups. I'd love to be proven wrong and see the stream of it, though.

How strong you think a Deleveled Heroic toon is at 65 with level 80 buffs?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
MoTM won't drop off relevant targets until a bit later. But 7th and the resist vet would be massive for something like Sol Ro the day of 60 unlock

Good point. Between vet rewards and MOTM dropping, Sol Ro would be way easier on unlock day than before that.

Mithaniel Marr at 55 without substantial gearing up first...is like standing in front of a speeding bus. Sol Ro ain't happening yet.

Yeah, should be 110.

Assuming we're getting Luclin AAs autogranted, I think it might be wise to start hoarding towards the 110 once you're done with whatever AAs are crucial for your class. In other words instead of maxing out on SoL AAs, get crucial ones and save the rest of the AAs for the next tier up. People who plow content can do both, but it's better to have 110 laying around to spend at the 60 unlock than it is to have like, 5, but you got tons of SOL AAs that are about to be free anyway.

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
We were planning on doing Sol Ro at 55 when 60 unlocks but by the sounds of it need to kill his mini's and do Rallos flag and all that entails to get into his room, so will see what happens.

I've planned on doing the twink/de-level thing for the achievements I miss, no required gear along with everything else would make a fun group to try and do them with once full boxing goes in

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I rolled up on Yelinak, and got completely involved in the leveling process as I always do in Classic. Lower Guk is amazing, SolB BNB is fun when you can pull some Fire Giants in to spice it up. Upper Guk with lowbies, Mistmoore fighting against the kronolords trying to get shit. I just love it all. Then when you reach the max, I love power leveling. It's a sweet rush to level toons super quick.

I've done this nearly entirely through PuGs on 3 different toons now. Have a 50 cleric, 46 wizard, and 44 necro. Yelinak PuGs can be bad, but usually, you can spot them from a mile away. Without fail, if there is someone that says "Man I haven't been down here in 2 decades!!" or anything similar, you know it's going to be bad. I joke with a friend that it's "NOSTALGIA ALERT". This person won't care about kill speed, or efficiency, and are there simply for the atmosphere, and to relive their glory days. This type of player slows things down typically.

I wish I had a better boxing setup, but I travel a lot for work and at least bring 2 laptops. At home, it's a bit better, but I have to use Parsec/Steam to "stream" it back to my main PC as none of my computers at home are "close". Lots of Alt-Tabbing. At first, Vaniki sounded nuts but the more I hear about it I probably would have had a better time on that server because the rulesets don't matter as much to me as the people, and there are just more people on that server that I'm familiar with (forums bros, old Faceless, old TLPers, etc). Who knows, the wizard account is completely clean and started with a Kronos so going into Kunark when they get better and AOE groups are a thing maybe I'll try and sell him off and move servers?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I rolled up on Yelinak, and got completely involved in the leveling process as I always do in Classic. Lower Guk is amazing, SolB BNB is fun when you can pull some Fire Giants in to spice it up. Upper Guk with lowbies, Mistmoore fighting against the kronolords trying to get shit. I just love it all. Then when you reach the max, I love power leveling. It's a sweet rush to level toons super quick.

I've done this nearly entirely through PuGs on 3 different toons now. Have a 50 cleric, 46 wizard, and 44 necro. Yelinak PuGs can be bad, but usually, you can spot them from a mile away. Without fail, if there is someone that says "Man I haven't been down here in 2 decades!!" or anything similar, you know it's going to be bad. I joke with a friend that it's "NOSTALGIA ALERT". This person won't care about kill speed, or efficiency, and are there simply for the atmosphere, and to relive their glory days. This type of player slows things down typically.

I wish I had a better boxing setup, but I travel a lot for work and at least bring 2 laptops. At home, it's a bit better, but I have to use Parsec/Steam to "stream" it back to my main PC as none of my computers at home are "close". Lots of Alt-Tabbing. At first, Vaniki sounded nuts but the more I hear about it I probably would have had a better time on that server because the rulesets don't matter as much to me as the people, and there are just more people on that server that I'm familiar with (forums bros, old Faceless, old TLPers, etc). Who knows, the wizard account is completely clean and started with a Kronos so going into Kunark when they get better and AOE groups are a thing maybe I'll try and sell him off and move servers?

Yeah, it's still easy to catch up on Vaniki. 3 weeks from now when they drop level 60 and like four expansions, it'll get much harder to catch up. Though still probably not too bad.

The main catch-up mechanic on Vaniki that could be a problem is PoP flags. Seems like nearly everything has been unlocked pre-PoP at least.

I also love classic. Just not for 3 months and not for raiding past the first or second time. I love the level 1-50 zones and how D&D-like they are.

Crone

Yeah, it's still easy to catch up on Vaniki. 3 weeks from now when they drop level 60 and like four expansions, it'll get much harder to catch up. Though still probably not too bad.

The main catch-up mechanic on Vaniki that could be a problem is PoP flags. Seems like nearly everything has been unlocked pre-PoP at least.

I also love classic. Just not for 3 months and not for raiding past the first or second time. I love the level 1-50 zones and how D&D-like they are.
Yea, starting at the beginning of an unlock would be crazy. You could do it but there is just so much to do. My Necro and Cleric accounts got 7 days, and so in order to not waste the bonus experience time that we had I rolled up the Wizard. The issue now is I've been so focused on leveling and getting everyone 46+ at least, that I've not done any of the pre-epic stuff for any of them. Just feel like I have so much to do to get ready for Kunark. I haven't seen Velious expansion since Vulak TLP, so I'm hoping I can last that long.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1657710741553.png

1657710780667.png

55 SK with all spell damage AAs kinda wrecks

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I hit level 38 last night on my wizard on the Yelinak server. I've been taking it super, super, insanely super slow and casual.

That being said, I'm kind of ready to get the level grind over on this character. Any one of you degenerates willing to PL my wizard to 50 for a couple krono? Fuck those guys that advertise all the time on the servers. It isn't worth more than 2 krono to finish the last 10 levels.

Shoot me a mail here if you are interested.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Get the level grind over just before kunark hits next week lol

Current guild has sky scheduled throughout kunark every week and i feel nauseated.

Rolled up an enchanter on vaniki and doing the gloomingdeep shit but server seems pretty dead just based on chat channels, just finding something to do before kunark but I'm really fucking bored and the future is not looking promising.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Current guild has sky scheduled throughout kunark every week and i feel nauseated.

Rolled up an enchanter on vaniki and doing the gloomingdeep shit but server seems pretty dead just based on chat channels, just finding something to do before kunark but I'm really fucking bored and the future is not looking promising.
Yelinak has been dead as fuck this week. I think everyone got their leveling done over the bonus experience and now is just fucking off until Kunark. Meanwhile, I hit 46 on my Necro, and now trying to look into Epic pieces I can complete during Classic and everything is camped. Lol

Zaide

TLP Idealist

Will WR beat Resurgence to PD?

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider

Sky during kunark is disgusting

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Will WR beat Resurgence to PD?

I guarantee you'll beat every guild on yelinak to PD, youll probably beat PD before they down silverwing.

1657740982057.png

Seems the server got pretty lively after all the bums woke up around 2pm est.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I was also ordered not to dps race anyone that was camping VP keys because guild reputation is important.

Im just so over it all.
Aren’t you in Without Regret? I thought they were a traditional hardcore guild?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
At least Sky at 60 doesn't take very long. You can charm better things while also having druids nabbing and super hasting griffins and just zip through.

How did Sky work on Mischief/Thornblade?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Competitively playing on Yelinak is like organizing watch parties for reruns of Simpsons.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't say Yelinak has been a complete waste of time...
1657742622595.png

Almost 1/2 of what I made in my entire time on Mischief.