EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Interested to see how Cragbeast Queen goes. In OW you could theoretically pull it to the Magus and bind at Wayfarer Camps, but for the achievement you have to do it I'm a DZ and the DZ NPC is nowhere near a bind point. Between her regen and damage output, she'll fry guilds without geared tanks and maybe guilds with geared tanks. A gimpy "kite in circles" strat might end up being the solution.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone live stream this stuff? Who will try this first? ( cnq sol ro) I've watched some paladin in BR before and he's pretty funny. It makes good background noise.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Anyone live stream this stuff? Who will try this first? ( cnq sol ro) I've watched some paladin in BR before and he's pretty funny. It makes good background noise.

1658710767139.png

Sol Ro is down 2x by <Bind Rush>

Only target left is CBQ which we haven't attempted at all, I heard other guilds got her to like 97% so I'm not exactly optimistic about that fight. At least it's only a currency mob, which is the least-crucial of the cheevos. It's good if you play on Live.

I might record some more boss fights and put 'em on Youtube, IDK.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Whos the pally in BR that streams? I know a mage named ork boy does. The pally has audio up and you can hear vicc, he's pretty fucking funny.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Whos the pally in BR that streams? I know a mage named ork boy does. The pally has audio up and you can hear vicc, he's pretty fucking funny.

Stoopkid is like the only pally. Not sure who streams. I don't think Orkboy is around anymore.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Ellohime is a great streamer in that guild, but I guess he thinks his normal viewers wouldn't want to watch it.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Ellohime is a great streamer in that guild, but I guess he thinks his normal viewers wouldn't want to watch it.
Have those people tried, like, not watching while he streams EQ?

Unless he is streaming OTHER games while raiding Vaniki, then I don't see why he wouldn't just pop up the stream for people to watch that want to.

"My stream doesn't like it" is such a dumb reason to stream nothing versus streaming Vaniki stuff.

• 1Like

Vicus

N00b
Rusty Willsappers is the first guild to complete the three achievements combined below ( Loving the Magus Summon). One shot all of these but were still challenging. We are loving the server. Cragbeast is left but will be a toughy. A dev has stated they believe it might be unkillable but we are still going to give it another shot. Fully Elemental flagged and looking forward to 60.

Curse Reborn.png
Emp.png
Sol Ro.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Rusty Willsappers is the first guild to complete the three achievements combined below ( Loving the Magus Summon). One shot all of these but were still challenging. We are loving the server. Cragbeast is left but will be a toughy. A dev has stated they believe it might be unkillable but we are still going to give it another shot. Fully Elemental flagged and looking forward to 60.

View attachment 424202View attachment 424203View attachment 424204
hell yeah, nice work.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Heh, a number of Bind Rush members sure talked some shit about Rusty Willsappers previously, but they haven't taken down Curse Reborn yet.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Heh, a number of Bind Rush members sure talked some shit about Rusty Willsappers previously, but they haven't taken down Curse Reborn yet.
As a spectator Vaniki is the only interesting raid scene in EQ. The live raid scene that optimizes around scheduling raids to maximize flagging requirements is a joke as is the TLP competition around open-world kills.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

We never actually tried Curse Reborn until last night because we were in no rush to get to it and were gearing our tanks instead. We're doing a very different route than Rusty. We have five warriors around 8k/700+ which sets us up for the next round of bosses (Time/GoD) where tank durability is a requirement and, in GoD's case, you're limited to 54 people. Those 60 fights are still going to wreck though. Sendaii with Time/Tacvi gear is gonna be hilarious.

As for last night, got very close to a Curse Reborn win on the first raid (20% or so on the final Focus). A few mistakes were made, I personally fucked up at one point. We called it early because starting a new instance made more sense than continuing, given the chaos of that instance. We got some rest, tonight we'll beat it down.

Cragbeast is the one I'm concerned about and the only unbeaten achievement on the server. If it's beatable I'm sure someone will do it. It's a currency reward so it's pretty skippable at least. We haven't tried it, probably won't until close to the next unlock.

I think most of the shit-talk is because when any of us run into Rusty people, we're frequently met with a ton of weird hostility. Has been like that for a while. EDIT: Just heard from Rusty about why the hostility, sounds like some training BS went on when I wasn't playing.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1658883545764.png

LDON done, that raid's about as tedious as a root canal.

• 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think most of the shit-talk is because when any of us run into Rusty people, we're frequently met with a ton of weird hostility. Has been like that for a while. EDIT: Just heard from Rusty about why the hostility, sounds like some training BS went on when I wasn't playing.
Hostility is the byproduct of any good competition. Train them harder! All the good applicants are going to Rusty Willsapper because they beat the root canal LDoN raid before you, confirmed.

icegif-1772.gif

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hostility is the byproduct of any good competition. Train them harder! All the good applicants are going to Rusty Willsapper because they beat the root canal LDoN raid before you, confirmed.

They'll probably beat CBQ before us too since, like LDON, we aren't exactly rushing to get to it. I don't even know what a CBQ fight will look like on this server yet.