EQ TLP - Yelinak (True-Box Timelocked Progression)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Rhatagar: @everyone

Hey guys,

As many of you know there have been some shifts in the guild recently. While these were implemented for future guild health with split raiding and open world content in mind, it has led to a divided leadership and drama that has been bleeding over in to our real lives. This has taken away from the enjoyment of the game.

Victorem as it stands is unfortunately dissolving; we will try to provide some good options for everyone going forward. We'd like to say there are no hard feelings at all wherever folks decides to land

All the best to everyone going forward

Rip victorem, another guild lost to the causal / mediumcore / ow divide
Damn couldn’t even last 90 days?

rangen

Bronze Squire
You are right. We had to team up with darkwind to race you guys as we can’t field 2 raids like you have. You had 100+ the first few OW traks and EQ is a numbers game. No guild is going to beat 100+ with 60.

Not sure it’s a big deal for guilds to help each other when they can. It came down to teaming up to get kills or not at all - so why not?
Hey so all the drama and back and forth aside, let me ask a serious question.

If you can't field those kinda numbers this early, what is your plan for post velious\luclin when half the server has left? Any guild having trouble fielding 60 in kunark is going to be hard pressed to field a single split in VT, maybe even NToV after expansion attrition.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey so all the drama and back and forth aside, let me ask a serious question.

If you can't field those kinda numbers this early, what is your plan for post velious\luclin when half the server has left? Any guild having trouble fielding 60 in kunark is going to be hard pressed to field a single split in VT, maybe even NToV after expansion attrition.
That a valid question and the reality is I don’t think Yelinak survives the next TLP cycle opening.

I figure maybe 2 guild survive pop, and it gets worse from there. Just look, victorem died. Darkwind has 43 people, ect. This server isn’t populated to last long term.

edit: Looking at it honestly and non-biased, both guilds are full of serial TLP rerollers. They might say this is the last time or they are staying, but we all know that isn’t true. There is no TEB or Faceless here. But until then, it’s fun.

Last edited:

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
No reason we can't scoop up people from victorum, syu, darkwind, one last time and even some from resurgence. Not everyone is happy with their current situations and as the attrition of TLPs continues more and more guilds will lose players, some in more critical classes leaving no choice but to find another home.

The long term outlook on any TLP requires consolidation, i think it's still too early to throw in the towel, the best expansions are still ahead.

I and many others have no interest post pop and if yelinak lasts long enough to finish the usual path then I'll still consider it a success.

I'll add as well that very very few guilds that launch on a tlp survive kunark. In 6 months i wouldn't be surprised if the raiding scene is very, very different.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I am sure much like your guild we have alot of people from Faceless/TEB etc. Some say its their last hoorah. As far as longevity we will see.

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
6 people in LGuk one morning, 49 people in commonlands another morning. Never seen #'s so low ~10 weeks into a TLP in the last dozen of em. When the self proclaimed server first "best" guild does the worlds slowest clear of VP with the highest # of people on their first attempt (Pre and Post nerf of Charming Voices) just shows the lack of motivation/desire and skill on this server so yes, this server will fade away faster than a fart in the wind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cymbaline

Trakanon Raider
No reason we can't scoop up people from victorum, syu, darkwind, one last time and even some from resurgence. Not everyone is happy with their current situations and as the attrition of TLPs continues more and more guilds will lose players, some in more critical classes leaving no choice but to find another home. The long term outlook on any TLP requires consolidation, i think it's still too early to throw in the towel, the best expansions are still ahead. I and many others have no interest post pop and if yelinak lasts long enough to finish the usual path then I'll still consider it a success. I'll add as well that very very few guilds that launch on a tlp survive kunark. In 6 months i wouldn't be surprised if the raiding scene is very, very different.

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
Can someone post the picture that has members in Resurgence so bent out of shape? Between all this petty drama I can't seem to find it on these many content pages of this server.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Can someone post the picture that has members in Resurgence so bent out of shape? Between all this petty drama I can't seem to find it on these many content pages of this server.
Try reading the thread? Literally only like 20 posts back.

• 1Like

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
Try reading the thread? Literally only like 20 posts back.
itsaman.jpg

I found it, thanks

Yuno

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I and people like myself who enjoy expansions after POP (at least that I've spoken to so far) are hoping on relaxed truebox to help the server to limp through the OOW-TBS segment and that no truebox after TBS would make it a little more lively then. I don't think any of us counted on it being a low pop server but you know, they really missed the ball with the releases this year.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I and people like myself who enjoy expansions after POP (at least that I've spoken to so far) are hoping on relaxed truebox to help the server to limp through the OOW-TBS segment and that no truebox after TBS would make it a little more lively then. I don't think any of us counted on it being a low pop server but you know, they really missed the ball with the releases this year.

Yelinak limping through OOW-TBS is waaaay far off, and by then other TLPs will be out for the serial-hoppers to hop to.

At least Vaniki is getting most of that section of the game all at once, which will make it waaaay more bearable (and quicker).

Also another thing I haven't seen anyone bring up is that instance size gets capped at 54 at some point early on. So "your guild can only field 50 people" literally stops mattering after the first few expansions, and that 100-person zerg is no longer necessarily a strength.

In other words, it's better to have 50 great players who stick around than it is to have 200 medium players who are TLP-hoppers.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Once a new tlp comes out, there's no real replacements. So 50 awesome players can become 48 after a few months, and then 47, and then 44, then 42... so you're raiding vish with 50 thinking this is perfect, and you're raiding lethar with 40 thinking this is manageable, and you're stuck halfway through underfoot with low 30s considering a disband or merger. Attrition happens to everyone.

Also, since there is absolutely nothing special about the ruleset, it seems silly to think the restart new tlp rate will somehow be less than others. Previous phinny clones it always happened, and even servers like aradune/selo and mischief/thornblade with special rulesets it still happened if a bit less severe.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
the-room-you-are-tearing-me-apart-lisa.gif

Anyone got the scoop on what tore Victorem apart? How does EQ drama bleed into people's personal lives in 2022?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Anyone got the scoop on what tore Victorem apart? How does EQ drama bleed into people's personal lives in 2022?
Whenever I read something like "bleeding over in to our real lives" I want there to be some backstory like a fight that broke out in the local Denny's but kinda just assume they don't want to deal with the bullshit anymore and think they'll look better if they play the "personal lives" card.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Whenever I read something like "bleeding over in to our real lives" I want there to be some backstory like a fight that broke out in the local Denny's but kinda just assume they don't want to deal with the bullshit anymore and think they'll look better if they play the "personal lives" card.
I just assume it means "staying up til 3am fighting with retards over Cobalt BP's and whether Batphones should give RA% is making me want to hang myself when I wake up for work 4 hours later" because that's how I usually feel after dealing with manbabies in EQ during Classic-PoP.

• 7Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 9 users

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
That a valid question and the reality is I don’t think Yelinak survives the next TLP cycle opening.

I figure maybe 2 guild survive pop, and it gets worse from there. Just look, victorem died. Darkwind has 43 people, ect. This server isn’t populated to last long term.

edit: Looking at it honestly and non-biased, both guilds are full of serial TLP rerollers. They might say this is the last time or they are staying, but we all know that isn’t true. There is no TEB or Faceless here. But until then, it’s fun.
I don't even think it's going to last that long. It sounds like it's basically a live server at this point - people just AFK or raid log.