EQ TLP - Yelinak (True-Box Timelocked Progression)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I got tired of not being able to get a group on the wizard, so I rolled up an enchanter on a second account. I'm working it up right now, so I can box it with my wizard when I catch up.

Enchanter is level 25 so far.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got my essence of the vampire last night in hate, came in clutch just as classic drew to a close.

Wraith should be easy enough, i've just put zero effort into it. Have a couple statics fighting over me so the 51-60 grind should be fast as fuck.

The dying off of enchanters has only just begun and I would assume will continue to accelerate the further we get into kunark.

I remember vividly one of GIG's VP raids having 1 enchanter between all of our splits and the absolute chaos that poor guy went through where people almost refused to take the epic haste clicky without Qelyn telling them to stfu and if they don't like it they can get booted.

Between the epic being lackluster and unwanted, combined with the amount of time and effort needed to get it in the first place, other classes having wildly more satisfying epics and gear to chase in kunark, its a ticking time bomb of boredom and stress on raids as well as the constant need to be at your computer for group and raids due to charm breaks wittles down wife aggro to the point people just throw in the towel.

Definitely give some thought about the enchanter in all aspects before making a commitment just for group desireability.

1658336659706.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
...as well as the constant need to be at your computer for group and raids due to charm breaks wittles down wife aggro to the point people just throw in the towel.

100% agree. will not play enchanter for that part alone lol. cannot ninja afk, and can not even afk a "normal" amount. maybe if i boxed a bard who just ran mezz on my charm pet i'd play enchanter

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you liked the dps caster role of wiz but want to either be more desired in groups and/or more functional when unable to find one, mage and necro work without going all the way to enchanter. Mage is basically wiz with a pet, and necro has the charm capability of enc without the cc role load. Don't play enc unless you actually want to; people playing enc (and cleric) basically at gunpoint causes burnout all the time.

Just play the class you like is usually awful advice, but play the ROLE you like is extremely important. Huge difference there. If you want to be caster dps, be it, and just maybe grab one that soloes better andor charms and maybe still be happy! If you don't like being cc, don't make an enchanter.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
100% agree. will not play enchanter for that part alone lol. cannot ninja afk, and can not even afk a "normal" amount. maybe if i boxed a bard who just ran mezz on my charm pet i'd play enchanter

Yeah I can't really do ENC any more even though it's my preferred class in a lot of ways. Not being able to afk at all for hours on end is kind of awful at this point.

As for wife aggro, the best way to avoid that...is to not have a wife. *taphead.jpg*

...I need a wife

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like Resurgence tried Trak this morning around 5am with their raid, got him to around 50%, wiped and called it a day.

• 1Worf

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Had a long work day yesterday, but managed to get a little done in game. Got my enchanter to 28, and got my 42 wizard Seb keyed.

I think the thing about the enchanter is that you have to know that there are times you will need to kill off your charm pet, and pick one up again when you get back from afk. You just need to coordinate with your group. You can also take the pet away from the group, break charm, mez, mem blur, and go back to the group to afk. It just takes more effort to play an enchanter than most other classes.

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
I remember vividly one of GIG's VP raids having 1 enchanter between all of our splits and the absolute chaos that poor guy went through where people almost refused to take the epic haste clicky without Qelyn telling them to stfu and if they don't like it they can get booted.
That seems like an outlier. We had like 6-8 enchanters in my Aradune guild. I felt bad for them. Their roles were reduced to literally casting 1 buff in raids. How often do you see the word "high" next to enchanter in guild recruiting posts between classic and PoP?

Between the epic being lackluster and unwanted
I disagree about it being lackluster. And anyone who whines about receiving it needs to see a therapist about their Asperger's.

-It's free mana, which is always great, especially in raids
-clickies are just great QoL items. Frees up a spell slot
-it's a good self buff for a while (free stats & AC)
-it's the best charm pet haste until SoV
-boxing a cleric? It's an awesome click for cleric hammers - and good for hasting hammers in raids
-it's handy in a pinch - I still use it on Mischief sometimes if I need to grab and haste a pet quickly
-It's still the best haste buff for anyone under level 46 as of OOW

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That seems like an outlier. We had like 6-8 enchanters in my Aradune guild. I felt bad for them. Their roles were reduced to literally casting 1 buff in raids. How often do you see the word "high" next to enchanter in guild recruiting posts between classic and PoP?

I disagree about it being lackluster. And anyone who whines about receiving it needs to see a therapist about their Asperger's.

-It's free mana, which is always great, especially in raids
-clickies are just great QoL items. Frees up a spell slot
-it's a good self buff for a while (free stats & AC)
-it's the best charm pet haste until SoV
-boxing a cleric? It's an awesome click for cleric hammers - and good for hasting hammers in raids
-it's handy in a pinch - I still use it on Mischief sometimes if I need to grab and haste a pet quickly
-It's still the best haste buff for anyone under level 46 as of OOW
Why's it the best charm pet haste? the AC + stats?

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Resurgence got the first Trak kill - we waited too long to start Seb keying and didn't think they would actually bring 110+ people to zerg him down. Lesson learned.

• 1Worf

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Resurgence got the first Trak kill - we waited too long to start Seb keying and didn't think they would actually bring 110+ people to zerg him down. Lesson learned.
Bro it takes like 30 minutes to get a guild seb keyed.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone who posts in this thread should be deleted irl. Pantheon is the future peeps, get with the times and get in while you can

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Looks like Resurgence tried Trak this morning around 5am with their raid, got him to around 50%, wiped and called it a day.

A raid where you get the boss to 50% is "a solid attempt, we've got this, let's push through and get the win"

Not "welp guess we're done"

Guarantee most of the people there would have been willing to stay late and get a win, but players won't rise to meet challenges if they aren't given the option to.