EQ TLP - Yelinak (True-Box Timelocked Progression)

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I heard one of the leaders lost it over some stupid VP key drama and told the leader of Stop Yelinak Us that he wished his kids would get cancer or something... in /ooc... and that there was basically a mutiny or something where the other officers wanted to toss him.

All unconfirmed rumors that I read second hand so might be way off base.

This kind of shit is why I'm playing super casual and just bystanding all the Classic/Kunark drama, As long as my Wiz is 60 with Epic by the time Velious drops I'll be ready to check out what guilds are still raiding and jump in.

Did the VP key once on Aradune and swore off doing it ever again, there's very little worth doing before Velious to justify batphoning or even high RA DZ raiding in my opinion.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Coirnav is a year away from live and has two guilds still plugging away. They had pretty low population too right?

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

Coirnav was the "slow" xp server but started off decent but quickly nosedived.

People noped out of that one pretty quick.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Coirnav is a year away from live and has two guilds still plugging away. They had pretty low population too right?

According to the lord of the grotto, they were lower than others but steady? I think it was?

One thing about coirnav is that a lot of people who went there and said "ok this one I'm gonna stick it out" actually meant it. Phinny is where you expect nonquitters to just play, but, phinny can also be seen as a bit of a beta of the now-standard model. They fucked up a lot of shit. They announced stuff like god being skipped right as sleeper was woken and a ton of other games (I forget what all besides pokemon go) were coming out. There was drama galore and shit gming, stolen shawls or rings or epics, blown dzs from trolling, etc etc. Coirnav was offset I think by agnarr pulling heavily from the "fuck post pop" crowd and the xp rate kept out a lot of flakers. So I'm not the least bit surprised the people there were in for the long haul and the attrition rate wasn't as bad as the 3rd+ iterations.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, it has. I just don't think Coirnav is really some bastion of long haulers or anything. The low XP made plenty of rerollers skip and jump earlier than normal.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeah, it has. I just don't think Coirnav is really some bastion of long haulers or anything. The low XP made plenty of rerollers skip and jump earlier than normal.
That's what I am saying; if Coirnav can make it to live then the bar is pretty low it seems. Mangler was bigger that Phinigel at it's peak so it will probably hit live with multiple guilds left.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I think each iteration of the same thing is likely to see less and less long haulers. As for a bastion of them in isolation, rizlona is my bet for that.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I'm sure enough people will stick around for Yelinak to make it. Each server seems to find a way. I tried to do Yelinak, but I couldn't do just the single toon so I gave up. I also knew nobody on the server and the people I did play with were not great. Seemed to be either a decent chunk of players from P99, or just people who hadn't played EQ for a very long time.

Gonna fool around on Rizlona until a server opens up that might work. Yelinak gets relaxed truebox in omens so I might go back to the server then, or maybe another TLP will allow boxing by that point. I do enjoy SoD and Underfoot and haven't played those expansions in a bit, so I figure RIzlona will work until the spring and we hear about some new servers.

I only played in Resurgence on Yelinak so not sure what the other guilds are like. I will say the leaders in that guild seem like decent people, and they have a good core. I guess they played EQ2 together for a long time so it makes sense. It also explains why a few of them have no idea what they are doing. But I felt they were fair and balanced and that is half the battle when it comes to leadership, so I imagine they will continue on for a while. Their loot system needs work though, they basically leave all the loot to 1 officer and it takes hours to get loot done. When all the loot starts becoming no drop they are gonna have issues.

I'm curious to see how future expansions play out on this server though. They advertised as a 3 day guild, 9 hours a week, but the lack of competition in Classic lead to them coming out as the top guild. I guess they felt that pressure and decided to go hard in Kunark. There is no way they can keep that up in Velious & Luclin without more drama ensuing, so that'll be fun.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Attrition hits harder with fewer people to begin with, yeah. The point I was making though (in response to the Trakanon drama) is that once 54-man raid DZs become the norm and OW targets fall off, which all happens fairly early, it doesn't matter if you have 200 people in a zerg. A solid crew of 50 can get all the server firsts.

Course on a server like this I'm not sure how many people are going to be around to that "fairly early" point which is either LDoN or GoD IIRC.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Every TLP has guilds that stick it out, yeah you might go through a few merges unless you're lucky enough to be in one of the original guilds that survives, but as long as you're somewhat flexible and open minded you can find a guild to ride to the end if you really want to, regardless of server.

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
Corinav was lower pop because of the TLP vets who couldn't handle the slower exp especially on the coat-tails from Agnarr exp--99.9% sure DBG will never do something like that ever again. Corinav still at this juncture of the shelf life of the server had WAY more players than Yelinak. (Yelinak less than 40 people in CL as I type this btw)

Last edited:

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
I heard one of the leaders lost it over some stupid VP key drama and told the leader of Stop Yelinak Us that he wished his kids would get cancer or something... in /ooc... and that there was basically a mutiny or something where the other officers wanted to toss him.

All unconfirmed rumors that I read second hand so might be way off base.

This kind of shit is why I'm playing super casual and just bystanding all the Classic/Kunark drama, As long as my Wiz is 60 with Epic by the time Velious drops I'll be ready to check out what guilds are still raiding and jump in.

Did the VP key once on Aradune and swore off doing it ever again, there's very little worth doing before Velious to justify batphoning or even high RA DZ raiding in my opinion.
I think anyone who has stuck it out with EQ, or continues playing MMOs after all these years has to enjoy internet drama to some degree. But people really fail to realize that when you stop having fun with the drama it's time to chill out. Instead they seem to regularly double down and just make themselves miserable.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Corinav was lower pop because of the TLP vets who couldn't handle the slower exp especially on the coat-tails from Agnarr exp--99.9% sure DBG will never do something like that ever again. Corinav still at this juncture of the shelf life of the server had WAY more players than Yelinak. (Yelinak less than 40 people in CL as I type this btw)

As far as any future Agnarrs go...one thing I can think of that might work is a Mata Muram server. Locks at OOW (plus DON). It's funny because the 70 era kills so many servers, yet it'd also be a pretty decent lock point with all those epic 2.0s to so (when they're permanent and not condemned to be replaced). Also lots of min/maxing to do with DON crystals (when they aren't going to be immediately obsoleted).

An OOW lock Mata Muram server is one of the top 3 "interesting" servers I'd like to see get tried. The others are:

Dyn'Leth: A TSS start normal TLP

Kerafyrm: A Quarm-type event server where you play from like, DoDH to SoF with 1 month unlocks, first guild to kill Kerafyrm the Awakened gets a title.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Coirnav was also launched at an odd time of the year right? I remember they announced it the week Agnarr opened Luclin and thinking it was pretty dumb because it would launch right around PoP.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
For what it's worth I would let Vanessa Vanessa touch my weiner.
I bet, ya homo~ :p

Also, I got my suspicions with Celestias07 being a tranny too, and my tranny-spidey-sense is usually spot on. If she is, she did a fine job on her transition. If she's a biological woman (and yes, I'm a biologist), she has an unfortunate "look" and voice but she's not exactly ugly per se. I think she's a sweet person regardless.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I feel like that guy has joined every classic guild I’ve ever made and always quits after one or to Velious clears. Maybe sooner.
I'm still waiting on you to come save Yelinak. I'm sure as hell not joining the tranny guild just to kill dragons.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
That a valid question and the reality is I don’t think Yelinak survives the next TLP cycle opening.
I called this shit the day they announced the Yelinak server. Only fucking reason I am playing on it now is because nostalgia is a bitch. As soon as a new TLP is released, I'm out of there. Yelinak has by far had the WORST players I have ever had the displeasure of playing with in the past two decades. The vast majority either don't know how to play their class or don't give enough of a fuck to try to play their class. I've never wanted to reach across the internet and slap more group members than I have on this server. I mean holy fuck these people are the 5th string backups. They're horrible.

Just saying.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I called this shit the day they announced the Yelinak server. Only fucking reason I am playing on it now is because nostalgia is a bitch. As soon as a new TLP is released, I'm out of there. Yelinak has by far had the WORST players I have ever had the displeasure of playing with in the past two decades. The vast majority either don't know how to play their class or don't give enough of a fuck to try to play their class. I've never wanted to reach across the internet and slap more group members than I have on this server. I mean holy fuck these people are the 5th string backups. They're horrible.

Just saying.
Why did you roll on Yelinak instead of Vaniki?

Why would you continue to play on Yelinak instead of Vaniki?

It's like you decided to go out to eat at Applebees, are upset the food is microwaved Stouffers and keep ordering.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users