EQ TLP - Yelinak (True-Box Timelocked Progression)

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why did you roll on Yelinak instead of Vaniki?

Why would you continue to play on Yelinak instead of Vaniki?

It's like you decided to go out to eat at Applebees, are upset the food is microwaved Stouffers and keep ordering.

To be fair, Vaniki is a very different game and the population is a real bummer, even worse than Yelinak.

I posted my adventures on Vaniki on here and it was decently fun as an enchanter but from what I saw theres literally nobody leveling or at least LFG, I cant imagine trying to level a more group dependent class without boxing 2-3 characters, which personally I can't do in a truebox environment, while not impossible and the xp is quite fast, I quickly lost interest.

When the world feels empty and theres a shitload of expansions open, It feels like live EQ.

There's also WOTLK at the end of september which is going to draw even more people away from both servers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
Can someone remind me again what picture is getting Resurgence's panties in a bunch? So much Yelinak content to sift through.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
To be fair, Vaniki is a very different game and the population is a real bummer, even worse than Yelinak.

I posted my adventures on Vaniki on here and it was decently fun as an enchanter but from what I saw theres literally nobody leveling or at least LFG, I cant imagine trying to level a more group dependent class without boxing 2-3 characters, which personally I can't do in a truebox environment, while not impossible and the xp is quite fast, I quickly lost interest.

When the world feels empty and theres a shitload of expansions open, It feels like live EQ.

There's also WOTLK at the end of september which is going to draw even more people away from both servers.
Agree with this. I missed the first week or so of the initial level rush on Vaniki. It took me 3-4 weeks to hit 40 because no one was LFG. Now trying to level a new alt is pretty damn impossible. Hoping that with boxing being allowed now, it wont be so bad. The server has definitely been a lot of fun though.

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
Can someone remind me again what picture is getting Resurgence's panties in a bunch? So much Yelinak content to sift through.
itsaman.jpg

Its this one right?

ace-ventura-gagging.gif

Zaide

TLP Idealist

I am really interested to see how WOTLK (and isn't there a retail expansion soon too?) will impact the pop on all the TLPs. It's the sort of thing where if it takes 10% of a servers population it's not a huge deal but if that 10% translates to 2 clerics or 2 warriors it could KO your guild over night.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am really interested to see how WOTLK (and isn't there a retail expansion soon too?) will impact the pop on all the TLPs. It's the sort of thing where if it takes 10% of a servers population it's not a huge deal but if that 10% translates to 2 clerics or 2 warriors it could KO your guild over night.

Yes, they will be launching fresh wotlk servers this month, the real launch is next month then Dragonflight will be out by years end - probably early December. I think WotLK will pull more people out than the retail expansion though.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Why did you roll on Yelinak instead of Vaniki?

Why would you continue to play on Yelinak instead of Vaniki?

It's like you decided to go out to eat at Applebees, are upset the food is microwaved Stouffers and keep ordering.
Because I don't like Applebees. It's over priced shitty food.

I'm not going to lie. I like old school EverQuest. At the time when Yelinak was announced, I deep down 100% believed that another standard TLP server was going to fail at this time. The hardcore crowd (or even the hardcore crowd's friends) are burned out right now. They needed another gimmik to make it worth people coming back yet again, and they didn't provide one.

So... I slept on the start of the Yelinak server, but nostalgia got the best of me, and I ended up rolling on Yelinak.... and, I just can't help but to notice just how bad the average gamer is on that server. It's truly as if the usual TLP players skipped this server (like I initially did).

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah if you roll with some kind of static or group of friends that roll together from TLP to TLP you probably don't notice the standard of pug players falling off a cliff, but if you group with randoms a lot you will notice, it truly is the worst pugging experience of any TLP imo, so many people that are either returned after 20 years away, or moved from P99 or even the occasional straight up new player, and yeah as Pharone said so many people that don't understand the basics of the game or their class.

I think just about every SK I've grouped with has been using something other than CD for aggro and doing a terrible job, usually let them know and they either take the advice and have an easier time or they just ignore me and continue to struggle

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

At the very least clerics can be replaced with boxes/rerolls fairly quick. Losing warriors is the worst because they take all their gear with them, and if you lose half your tank line during Secrets of Faydwer, suddenly Tactical Prototype and Meldrath aren't beatable. Weeks to recover leading to more attrition...yeah it can be a full on KO.

Yes, they will be launching fresh wotlk servers this month, the real launch is next month then Dragonflight will be out by years end - probably early December. I think WotLK will pull more people out than the retail expansion though.

Given how much WoW players seem to hate retail, it's hard to believe Dragonflight is gonna have much effect on EQ. WOTLK might though. There's a running joke on Vaniki that the server is gonna die in mid-September.

I liked WOTLK a lot back in its day but yeah, I'm probably good on doing it again.

What are the "fresh WOTLK servers" this month? Is that like, new prog servers that are gonna unlock WOTLK in a month, so people can get leveled up in the meantime?

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Also curious as to how WoW does it, do they release a new server with WoTLK or do existing servers unlock it?

Is that the expac that brought in Deathknights?

Animosity

Go read the WoW Classic thread you nerds. It will be both a new server and an expac server.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
New fresh servers will launch this month with classic/TBC/wrath pre-patch and be about a month before Wrath launches. So you have 1 month to play on a new realm before the Wrath.

Crone

I'm still going on this server as a main cleric. Have alts but not too concerned with them. 55 necro, 46 wizard. Just pal around mainly with a buddy from Aradune -> Rizlona that runs 5, and I just join in on my cleric and we just do shit. It's not terrible and a pretty casual good time. Just got all 4 pearls for my epic and need just the big fights now. Ixblat, King, and Ragefire. Been doing this all without a guild and not having raid times to adhere too is super nice.

• 1Like

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
This is getting old
gap-tooth-smile-plano-tx-cosmetic-dentist.png

My fault, its obviously a bit and if I wait in comparison to the content the Vaniki thread is pumping out to stagger the bit out the next TLP will be released so I was just trying to expidite the process.

Last edited:

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Coirnav was also launched at an odd time of the year right? I remember they announced it the week Agnarr opened Luclin and thinking it was pretty dumb because it would launch right around PoP.
Coirnav was released 16th march 2018.

• 1Like

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
I bet, ya homo~ :p

Also, I got my suspicions with Celestias07 being a tranny too, and my tranny-spidey-sense is usually spot on. If she is, she did a fine job on her transition. If she's a biological woman (and yes, I'm a biologist), she has an unfortunate "look" and voice but she's not exactly ugly per se. I think she's a sweet person regardless.

Well, there you have it...I completely glossed over this post by the undisputed authority on this topic.

funny.gif

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
I will admit, you have to give Resurgence credit for never giving up! They are still trying to CH and wiping in PoSky at 60. "My heals aren't going off...it's weird.. Complete heal coming! Oh shit he died."

1659624634550.png

(this is just a screenshot - 2:27ish mark in video)
And yes, before they come here, we did lose a PD to them outnumbered 30v50 yesterday - it was embarassing. Our bard died, theirs didn't. That DPS group did 25% of the dps)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just makes me sick seeing these guilds do sky in kunark.

Nothing makes you want to log off forever than knowing you're doing sky for another 2 months for 1% upgrades if somehow you didn't get anything for the past 3 months doing sky.

Yuno

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just makes me sick seeing these guilds do sky in kunark.

Nothing makes you want to log off forever than knowing you're doing sky for another 2 months for 1% upgrades if somehow you didn't get anything for the past 3 months doing sky.

Well some people didn't do hand until later so they still really need that stuff. :)