EQ TLP - Yelinak (True-Box Timelocked Progression)

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yelinaks population fell by 400 last night. Now of course the pop declines every day after expansion release and we are 3 weeks out from kunark release. This was a pretty big wave and the losses are very noticeable.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
No one knows. Seems like multiplicity though. Single accounts who use ShowEQ are fine.

if multiplicity or kvm are bad now, this game is done.
WoW Multiplicity is a bannable offense? It's just a software KVM. These people are really doing everything in their power to kill the game. The real question is why? It honestly makes no sense.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It can broadcast, right? I'm guessing that's part of the reason but it's still pretty aggressive.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not arguing the merits of it being bad or not. But hasn't KVM software always been against the rules? Things like AHK and Multiplicity? I know everyone runs the latter on live with no issue. But I was always wary of running it on a TLP with truebox. Only reason I bought a laptop instead of just running it.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
In the case of something like Multiplicity, I don't see why that would be against truebox rules.

• You are playing 1 account per computer
  • You are controlling each account 1 at a time
  • You are not broadcasting keystrokes to multiple computers at the same time
Using a software KVM like Multiplicity just makes it so you don't have to have multiple keyboards and mice cluttering up your desk.

If this is indeed the reason for this current ban wave, that is highly ridiculous and petty on DBG's part. I truly hope that is not the case.

Fedsmoker

Lord Nagafen Raider
Every person I have talked to so far that has been suspended/banned has used MQ2 at some point since the last ban wave back on July 1st. 8 of my accounts I use MQ2 on got hit while my main account didn't get touched since I don't run anything on it. So the only thing standing out between that is MQ2 and the bypass I use to run it.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
In the case of something like Multiplicity, I don't see why that would be against truebox rules.

Using a software KVM like Multiplicity just makes it so you don't have to have multiple keyboards and mice cluttering up your desk.

If this is indeed the reason for this current ban wave, that is highly ridiculous and petty on DBG's part. I truly hope that is not the case.
Well, we'll find out whether it's against the rules if they start banning people for using it. But looks like they want the rampant cheating to stop.

DickTrickle

Multiplicity can broadcast keystrokes to multiple computers at the same time. I just verified it.

DickTrickle

And let's be real... If you're boxing four plus accounts and you don't have any real keyboards or mice available (except the main one) and you're using multiplicity.... I bet a pretty high percentage are broadcasting. Otherwise it just becomes insanity.

The real question is if they're actually doing any distinctions between multiplicity users. Is there something that's telling them that certain users are most likely broadcasting versus others are not? There's certainly plenty of multiplicity users who are not broadcasters.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Maybe these ban waves will send them the message that people like boxing and they'll release relaxed true-box servers as the norm. That would be nice. Especially if they keep enforcing these MQ bans.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wonder what the ratio of these banned accounts are krono only subs vs credit card subs.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Darkwind has 40ish members. They lost 10 in the banwave, with 3 of them non boxers (single account players.)

We lost 12-15 players and about 35+ accounts.

Resurgence said they lost 1-2, Qeynos yacht club none and Some other guilds 1-3 people. Something there isn’t right.

• 1Seriously?

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
And let's be real... If you're boxing four plus accounts and you don't have any real keyboards or mice available (except the main one) and you're using multiplicity.... I bet a pretty high percentage are broadcasting. Otherwise it just becomes insanity.

The real question is if they're actually doing any distinctions between multiplicity users. Is there something that's telling them that certain users are most likely broadcasting versus others are not? There's certainly plenty of multiplicity users who are not broadcasters.
When I used Multiplicity in the past, I never did any of the broadcasting to multiple computers. I didn't even realize it did it to be honest.

As for keyboards and mice, I had a keyboard and mouse for every single computer. I just didn't want to stack em all together. Using a software KVM made way more sense.

That being said, I don't use it anymore because I don't box hardly at all anymore, and when I do box, it is just 2 computers. So, I have 2 keyboards and mice on my desk for that.

Now if they do end up deciding that Multiplicity is against the truebox rules, I whole heartedly believe they should make that known with out any degree of speculation. There should be an actual list of software that is not usable, and have a caveat that any software that does the same thing as anything on the list is included inherently in not being allowed. The blanket statement of no 3rd party software is allowed is bullshit and leaves way too much question of what that entails because we all know that they allow log parsing software like Gina and EQ Log Parser, and those ARE 3rd party software.

As for catching the cheaters, I am 100% on board with that. By all means, clean house. You can start with the bots that play 24/7 on every single server. We all know where they go and what they do because we've seen it on every single TLP server ever made. The fact that they do it on every server, and they seem to get away with it is counterintuitive to the idea of removing cheaters. They're clearly not going after them.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wonder what the ratio of these banned accounts are krono only subs vs credit card subs.

This wave hit a lot of what I would call normal players. People who play 1-2 chars and maybe use multiplicity, but defiantly imo not what they should be targeting. Unless their goal is to piss off normal players.

• 1Like

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Darkwind has 40ish members. They lost 10 in the banwave, with 3 of them non boxers (single account players.)

We lost 12-15 players and about 35+ accounts.

Resurgence said they lost 1-2, Qeynos yacht club none and Some other guilds 1-3 people. Something there isn’t right.
yeah, why are all the cheaters in only a couple guilds?

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
yeah, why are all the cheaters in only a couple guilds?

monkey look meme a.png

• 1Double Worf

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
If Yelinak caught the bulk of the suspensions, maybe they were mostly for whiny reports/cheating allegations. Yelinak is in prime Karenquest era.

I use Multiplicity (seamless mode) and numpads to box. No suspensions as of last night. Would DPG really consider sharing a fucking keyboard and mouse between two machines "truebox evading?" Seems pretty dumb.

Had a couple people in my Mischief guild get suspended. One was doing PL's and using autoclickers on some enchanters. Another one got suspended on an alt and doesn't know why. I still suspect that they have gotten much stricter on anything that automates gameplay in any way. I used to use Logitech Gaming Software to autoclick sense heading to stay logged into Aradune. Now I bet I'd catch a 7-day for that. People using Multiplicity, etc could have been suspended for broadcasting keystrokes.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Not sure they would have the ability to tell whether you were just using it seamless or broadcasting strokes. I have a fresh account I started on Vaniki, only ever ran on my laptop and I use multiplicity in seamless mode, No suspensions. I use Parsec on my second monitor for one account and a laptop in seamless on the other side. I mouse between the machines to drive them manually and don't broadcast. I also don't use any other 'assistance tools'.

Either I'm lucky or it wasn't multiplicity. Either way, it'd be great to get clarity cause I'd just reach over and push the buttons on the laptop if I knew it wasn't allowed.