EQ TLP - Yelinak (True-Box Timelocked Progression)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Lmao. No more voice on raids boys.

1B9E9B57-86A9-4F85-B464-209B8CA0ACA7.jpeg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't know what's more pathetic, the disparity between DPG's third party software stated policy and enforcement, or the rafter of middle aged nerds (including me) seeking drama on the forums like flies on shit.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Their rules and policies are just Flavor of the Month for whoever is in charge for the time being. Every couple years they change with whatever dev is top titty.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
They can never tell you which 3rd party programs are acceptable because they have zero control over those 3rd parties modifying the program later to something that would be unacceptable.

You gotta understand how much of a nightmare it would be for them to say you can use X program only to 6 month later issue a ban wave for X program because X program had a new functionality added to it.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They can never tell you which 3rd party programs are acceptable because they have zero control over those 3rd parties modifying the program later to something that would be unacceptable.

You gotta understand how much of a nightmare it would be for them to say you can use X program only to 6 month later issue a ban wave for X program because X program had a new functionality added to it.
This is ludicrous. GINA development is dead (afaik), GamParse is made by an EQ dev and ISBoxer is made by someone who explicitly works with game developers to keep it legal to use.

If Lax adds botting to ISBoxer, the "nightmare" of them changing their stance from such an egregious change in design is calm waters compared to dealing with their current stance.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Every other game has the same policy though. No one will approve any 3rd party program for use with their games. The other games do have approved add-on systems though, which we all know sadly DPG will never get around to implementing.

The only thing (if it even is a thing) that should be fixed is if they are banning prior offenders who haven't reoffended.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Most other MMO companies navigate this problem fairly easily by laying out features that are disallowed in third party programs. DPG will not even commit to that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I don't see it as a waste at all, I had a lot of fun on yelinak, I got to experience a few classes I never got to play before and did meet some cool people this time that I consider friends now and that was my goal for this server.

With that said, I really took for granted how good of leaders zaide and qelyn were, they definitely set the bar, probably too high, for my expectations of guilds in EQ.

None of these guilds hold a candle to the competition and execution we had on mischief, it's really unfortunate we didn't get someone to bring that to yelinak.

Looking back I probably should have stayed on mischief but it is what it is.

Kind of feel the same, but while it was fun and the standard of guilds was much higher, the loot pinata got old fast for me, raiding a bunch, earning and spending my DKP on BiS gear, only to have some unguilded pleb be able to go to the bazaar and get the exact same stuff if willing to drop a few dozen krono.

With the crazy amount of turnover they seem to have had in the last 5 years, its definitely a shit show over there.

It says a lot about a company when they stop offering account to account transfer because "the guy who knew how to do them quit".

I still maintain that they just refuse to do them now because they really just wanted to remove the ability of RMTers to spin chars off from their main accounts to a throwaway to sell.

• 1Rustled

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've personally quit the server before the suspensions due to my rent going up 40% and having to get a real job lol.

I actively posted here to keep the thread active and maybe drive people to play seeing some action going on without the endless negatives being posted but that's on someone else now.

But with being unable to respond to batphones and not being able to attend DZs what's the point in playing?

My free time will most likely go to the Poe league and eventually rolling on the wotlk prepatch fresh servers, at least I can play those games when I have free time and actually progress a character.

Unfortunately I literally have nothing to do in EQ without raiding, my character is Max level, epic is completed, the one archeologist quest I wanted is completed, vp key completed. Outside of rolling an alt, there's very little to do on my own, especially as a solo box.

Yeah, Vaniki and Yelinak both seem to be dealing with a large enthusiasm deficit at this point compared to other servers. Not sure how much longer I'll keep plowing away on Vaniki.

I think WoW is going to slam EQ good in the next month or so because the current TLP round (and the current live expansion) are all kind of duds. Maybe next year we'll get a more interesting expansion with Throne of Mistmoore or whatever it ends up being called, and some better TLPs. I'd like to see a Vaniki 2.0 that learns from all of Vaniki's mistakes.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I don't see it as a waste at all, I had a lot of fun on yelinak, I got to experience a few classes I never got to play before and did meet some cool people this time that I consider friends now and that was my goal for this server.

With that said, I really took for granted how good of leaders zaide and qelyn were, they definitely set the bar, probably too high, for my expectations of guilds in EQ.

None of these guilds hold a candle to the competition and execution we had on mischief, it's really unfortunate we didn't get someone to bring that to yelinak.

Looking back I probably should have stayed on mischief but it is what it is.

I regret missing out on Mischief too (aside from like, Classic and Kunark). I even got the monk epic on there. Shoulda stuck around.

Hopefully next year's round of TLPs will be less of duds than this year.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I regret missing out on Mischief too (aside from like, Classic and Kunark). I even got the monk epic on there. Shoulda stuck around.

Hopefully next year's round of TLPs will be less of duds than this year.

The plat dupe hurt Mischief long term more than people realized. Defiantly cut its lifespan down by a significant portion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Considering using 2 separate legit boxes and typing on both quickly activates truebox detection and kicks you, I wouldn't be surprised if they added a call function to flag the account when this happens and you're just waiting around for your number to get pulled.
Well considering that they initially had the /pick timer based on the computer's date/time (that you can easily change) rather than on the server's date/time, it's not like we are dealing with the brightest bulbs in the bunch here. As a professional programmer of over two decades now, when I figured out that was what they were doing, I was like ok these people are script kiddies rather than actual programmers.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Lmao. No more voice on raids boys.

View attachment 428426

I swear these people are just horrible. Only way this is going to change (if management at DPG isn't already too far gone to be saved) is if us whales cut off the money supply. We wont ever fully quit playing the game, but we can stop buying the collector's editions of the expansions, stop buy shit tons of DBC, etc.

Let them see how their blatant disrespect for the customers effects their bottom line. Just saying. We are in control... if we choose to be.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I swear these people are just horrible. Only way this is going to change (if management at DPG isn't already too far gone to be saved) is if us whales cut off the money supply. We wont ever fully quit playing the game, but we can stop buying the collector's editions of the expansions, stop buy shit tons of DBC, etc.

Let them see how their blatant disrespect for the customers effects their bottom line. Just saying. We are in control... if we choose to be.
The forums and its moderators are to EQ what the parking lot of a theme park is to the theme park. Yeah there might be a contract security parking lot guard that is obnoxious, makes a bunch of statements about the theme park that aren't true like, "don't bring alcohol into the park", but at the end of the day it's irrelevant and we're going to keep going to the theme park despite that. When they start actually following through on the threats made in the forums is when people will pack their bags, but that'll probably never happen.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Lol, I still can't understand the outrage. It should be obvious when you are using programs that are cheating vs. programs that are not.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
There are bored EQ players on a 7-14 day cruise so the forums get rowdy

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Lol, I still can't understand the outrage. It should be obvious when you are using programs that are cheating vs. programs that are not.
Because their policy is shit and damn near everything is technically against it. The enforcement is inconsistent to the point where some people have only one or two accounts banned even though they all use the same shit.

Just outline what features are against policy and when you suspend someone at least give what feature they used that is banned. Was someone banned for a third party program they’ve used for a decade that DPG has allowed to become commonplace through inaction? Who knows. Pretty simple to just layout the rules going forward, but expecting anything short of full retardation from the devs is apparently too much. They have zero useful communication on the subject.