EQ TLP - Yelinak (True-Box Timelocked Progression)

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

youcouldnever.PNG

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
This still doesn't mean they flagging showeq users and suspending them.

I am not sure anyone even bothers to set up ShowEQ anymore. It's all MySEQ mostly. No one's going to bother dicking around with butchering a router like that for a vidja game if you can just set up a simple program.

This exact reason of laziness is why it was simplistic to catch people cheating on Rise of Zek and other servers like Classless on EQ's emulator. I did nothing different than what Daybreak is doing, the difference is the average user isn't going to spend time to set it up, and the knowledgeable engineer knows better than to sell hacks publicly and, in most cases, doesn't care who gets caught using them even if they sell them privately. It's not worth their time and energy to obsess over 'getting caught'.

Most just don't care and 'divebomb' accounts well knowing they'll be detected. AbyssKEQ / EQBot depends on these people for revenue. It's just a cheat engine table that teleports with wanton disregard if the person in question is detected while doing so. That's why EQBot has had a modicum of 'purchasers' that depend on the program.

Every time Abyss updated his KenetixQuest hack for usage on PVP servers, he tried to make it more undetectable but in all cases changed nothing fundamentally about the program, told his subscribers that his program was updated to be undetectable, and they blindly believed him.

Generally, those with actual knowledge of any of the skills needed will either a) respect you and leave you alone or b) not consider it worth their time compared to other tasks they could be doing.

The three people that even could get close to figuring out what I did, did the following:
Instance #1) A close friend trying to bypass the cheat for the sake of doing it, not profiting or spreading it. The person in question later thought it was so cool that they ended up helping me with the project.

Instance #2) A player hired an external game hacker friend to investigate what I was doing. They spoke with me and figured I actually knew my shit, and didn't feel like it was worth attacking the project once I sent them a message ingame about them having IDA loaded up in their process list. They gave up out of respect, and befriended me and told me the details as to why they were hired.

Instance #3) This person was an established cybersecurity professional, knew exactly what I was doing, found out exactly how my anticheat worked, and said "damn, cool, you've come far since I last talked to you" and I added them on a secure platform after. They complimented me and said I was to EQ what they were to Win32 internals. That's rad.

There was an honorable mention of people 'getting close but missing the mark'.

For instance, Salty and one other person tried to make a 'ramp to heaven' in The Hole and Veeshan's Peak respectively, so they could PVP on the ceiling of the zone. I noticed the one person had 3DS Max loaded with the path name of 'veeshan.max' in the title, so it was pretty obvious they exported the zone using Lantern and used eqg tools to export the zone back to a format the game could read.

While incredibly impressive from an 'idea' standpoint, it was detected the moment they logged in due to me sending a list of sizes of zone files and anticipating this based on people having access to zone creation / editing tools. Users were flagged on upon login based on their zone file size. I didn't even have to checksum or anything, the size of the zone in bytes would differ in comparison to the original and HD file of VP and The Hole.

My point with this detailed explanation is that anyone could be flagged for ShowEQ and it could actually be MySEQ, and most users don't know the difference because they use what tool is easiest and works, the path of least resistance, and they put blind trust into programs that work the way the creator says they does without verifying any attributes of the program in question. This is also how malware spreads in day-to-day office scenarios with spearphishing attacks.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
If Lax adds botting to ISBoxer, the "nightmare" of them changing their stance from such an egregious change in design is calm waters compared to dealing with their current stance.
ISXEQ2/ISXEVE/ISXVG (the EQ2/EVE/VG botting framework built off of InnerSpace) and ISBoxer (keystroke repeater) both use InnerSpace. A majority of Lax's income, I wager, comes from both about equally, but probably moreso the InnerSpace dependency for ISXEQ2/ISXEVE at this point.

I can't imagine anyone playing EQ actually uses WinEQ2 or ISBoxer at this point. There's no statistical advantage to using that over 'just using MQNext' instead.

IMO, it exists as a valid excuse for people to point to when they get banned if they were to implicitly allow InnerSpace. "I was just using ISBoxer" would be in the ticket, which doesn't matter to Daybreak, but it does matter, however, to the court of public opinion in which Daybreak is judged.

This is why they have the 'no third party programs' stance publicly, as it serves as a shield for behavior by their development team and the customer support team in case someone gets banned. Even if it's not a 'legitimate ban', they have no obligation to tell you the reason you were banned, and you have no recourse to contest the ban anyways as you have zero control over the account being suspended to begin with.

And since they have no reason publicly disclosed, there is no bidirectional dialogue over what they banned you for.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is pure faggotry bending this to make your whiny point.

Have I used Discord. Yes. There has never been anyone banned for Discord, Trello, Skype, anything back to 1999. Ever raid in a room and talk to someone without chat. Thats cheating by your fake ideas. Its not . Its a communication tool that doesnt change ANY function or feature of the game. It doesnt ADD any information you wouldnt be able to type out. its chat.

Use GamParse? No, Im not a min max faggot who spergs on people for not being max DPS. Again, this adds information and data that is meant to be unavailable to the user, thus exploiting the game.

GINA Overlay? No. Again, adding functionality to the game the dev didnt provide. Thats not the same as a voice chat. and acting like it is is retarded.

Holy cow you are trying way too hard. The internet tough guy routine to the max.

Alavaz is trying, but cant seem to get the full 100% commitment you have.

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Holy cow you are trying way too hard. The internet tough guy routine to the max.

Alavaz is trying, but cant seem to get the full 100% commitment you have.
What's my toughest, tough guy response? Quote it please :)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
ISXEQ2/ISXEVE/ISXVG (the EQ2/EVE/VG botting framework built off of InnerSpace) and ISBoxer (keystroke repeater) both use InnerSpace. A majority of Lax's income, I wager, comes from both about equally, but probably moreso the InnerSpace dependency for ISXEQ2/ISXEVE at this point.

I can't imagine anyone playing EQ actually uses WinEQ2 or ISBoxer at this point. There's no statistical advantage to using that over 'just using MQNext' instead.

IMO, it exists as a valid excuse for people to point to when they get banned if they were to implicitly allow InnerSpace. "I was just using ISBoxer" would be in the ticket, which doesn't matter to Daybreak, but it does matter, however, to the court of public opinion in which Daybreak is judged.

This is why they have the 'no third party programs' stance publicly, as it serves as a shield for behavior by their development team and the customer support team in case someone gets banned. Even if it's not a 'legitimate ban', they have no obligation to tell you the reason you were banned, and you have no recourse to contest the ban anyways as you have zero control over the account being suspended to begin with.

And since they have no reason publicly disclosed, there is no bidirectional dialogue over what they banned you for.
I don't even know how MQNext is different from MQ2 or any other flavor of macroquest, much less the ISX stuff you mentioned, but there are quite a few people, including me, that use ISBoxer.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This is pure faggotry bending this to make your whiny point.

Have I used Discord. Yes. There has never been anyone banned for Discord, Trello, Skype, anything back to 1999. Ever raid in a room and talk to someone without chat. Thats cheating by your fake ideas. Its not . Its a communication tool that doesnt change ANY function or feature of the game. It doesnt ADD any information you wouldnt be able to type out. its chat.

Use GamParse? No, Im not a min max faggot who spergs on people for not being max DPS. Again, this adds information and data that is meant to be unavailable to the user, thus exploiting the game.

GINA Overlay? No. Again, adding functionality to the game the dev didnt provide. Thats not the same as a voice chat. and acting like it is is retarded.

You're retarded if you think a log parser is exploiting. Probably says a lot that you don't care who's doing well with their DPS and who's being a lazy carry.

A log parser simply makes evaluating the information in the logs faster. You could do all that stuff by hand if you wanted. It doesn't change ANY function or feature of the game, to use your words.

It's ultra retard to think an after the fact utility is more of an "exploit" than real time voice that makes coordination way easier (again, you could type it all in game, why you exploiting, bro?). Especially as raids get more complex, voice chat becomes even more essential. Not a built in game feature so clearly it's super crazy exploit hacker cheating!

I honestly didn't think anyone existed that thought log parsers were exploits but here it is.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You're retarded if you think a log parser is exploiting. Probably says a lot that you don't care who's doing well with their DPS and who's being a lazy carry.

A log parser simply makes evaluating the information in the logs faster. You could do all that stuff by hand if you wanted. It doesn't change ANY function or feature of the game, to use your words.

It's ultra retard to think an after the fact utility is more of an "exploit" than real time voice that makes coordination way easier (again, you could type it all in game, why you exploiting, bro?). Especially as raids get more complex, voice chat becomes even more essential. Not a built in game feature so clearly it's super crazy exploit hacker cheating!

I honestly didn't think anyone existed that thought log parsers were exploits but here it is.
6q9qj5.jpg

• 1Worf

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I use a custom parse program to tell me which of my DoTs are about to fade.
Our guild uses a bot to read DKP bid tells and output the winner .

Am I banned?

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I use a custom parse program to tell me which of my DoTs are about to fade.
Our guild uses a bot to read DKP bid tells and output the winner .

Am I banned?
Oooh, I got a good meme for this! And Cinge says I don't try hard enough:
banned.PNG

• 1Moron

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
On the bright side, at least the massive influx of returning EQ players who originally quit because of log parsers will help keep the game strong going forward.

• 1Worf

JinxedChoker

Golden Squire
I personally like the DBG approach of labeling people "once a cheater always a cheater". You don't know when or how the punishment will continue to happen (or happen at all) it adds an element of shock and awe to the system when it does happen. Moving the guild bank over? Next week bucko. In the process of getting epics for your box crew? No shot this time, try again next week.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users